Noteboom & Allen both injured

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Yeah, McVay must not understand the capabilities of his players. You must be right.
You think McVay isn't capable of making mistakes? In hindsight you think Tutu was a better choice than Humphries?? C'mon man they're human and whiff sometimes. It's fine to acknowledge it and move on.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
You think McVay isn't capable of making mistakes? In hindsight you think Tutu was a better choice than Humphries?? C'mon man they're human and whiff sometimes. It's fine to acknowledge it and move on.
I wonder if the Chiefs would trade us straight up Creed for Atwell? How hard they'd laugh at the suggestion says it all.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Liam Coen explains what gives him confidence in Tremayne Anchrum Jr. as a starter

Skyler Carlin / September 17, 2022
1663432090944.png

The Los Angeles Rams are forced to retool the interior of their offensive line with Brian Allen suffering a knee injury in Week 1. With Tremayne Anchrum Jr. being thrown into the starting lineup on Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons, Liam Coen is confident in his ability to be a capable starter.

“He’s had a great training camp. I remember when I was here in 2020, (Tree) Tremayne just had come in and you could just see his process. He’s a super smart, diligent player. He’s sturdy. He can anchor. He’s always showing some of those traits whether it be on the practice squad when I was here,” Coen said. “Last year they said he did a great job of continuing to develop and he had a great training camp. So as you see some of the traits, you see his work ethic, you see his process, and it leads you to believe that, ‘Hey, given an opportunity, let’s see what he can do.’ Physically he can do it.”

Allen is slated to miss a minimum of two weeks for the Rams after undergoing a knee procedure following the team’s Week 1 loss to the Buffalo Bills. Amid Allen’s absence, Los Angeles is moving Coleman Shelton from right guard to center and Anchrum will start at right guard.

The Rams took Anchrum in the seventh round of the 2020 NFL draft out of Clemson. Since then, he’s operated as a backup offensive lineman for Los Angeles.

Throughout the preseason, Sean McVay name-dropped Anchrum as a reserve player that had a standout offseason. Even though the Clemson product has yet to make a start in his career, Coen and the Rams are confident in him being able to step into the starting offense, beginning in Week 2 versus the Falcons.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Noteboom's performance this year before the deadline may be the thing that determines whether the Rams can trade for a pass-rusher.

If Noteboom doesn't show that he's the man, I don't think you can, in good consciousness, send high picks out for a pass rusher. You'll need as much of next year's draft capital as possible to draft a decent LT prospect.

If Anchrum comes out and kicks ass, that'll be a huge plus. We could pencil in him and Brush as starters next year and they can bring in some mid-low round prospects to develop on the inside.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
@Loyal
Sparta?
Any decent post-Marian Roman army would spank those peds.
Caesar was astounded by how easy conquering the Eastern Mediterranean was and famously insulted Pompey Magnus' accomplishments with his famous
"V I N I V I D I V I C I" line.
I came, I saw, I conquered.
(Crassus might have said something similar shortly before having molten gold poured down his throat....)

I'll give you Hannibal though. Cannae and Lake Trasimine are strategic perfection... but not moving on the city though....? ouch. How did that turn out for Carthage?
Lol

Let's hope McVay has Caesars luck tomorrow

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@Loyal
Sparta?
Any decent post-Marian Roman army would spank those peds.
Caesar was astounded by how easy conquering the Eastern Mediterranean was and famously insulted Pompey Magnus' accomplishments with his famous
"V I N I V I D I V I C I" line.
I came, I saw, I conquered.
(Crassus might have said something similar shortly before having molten gold poured down his throat....)

I'll give you Hannibal though. Cannae and Lake Trasimine are strategic perfection... but not moving on the city though....? ouch. How did that turn out for Carthage?
Lol

Let's hope McVay has Caesars luck tomorrow

Yep. Not a fan of Rome (and Boudicca is another interesting character in history who was arguably one of the most charismatic women I've seen...well, ever; I wish I could command armies of men like she did.), but they were the premier military force. No good in single combat, but as a phalanx under a good Commode? Nobody beats them, not Hannibal, not Boudicca, not Alexander the Great, definitely not Sparta (whom, after the Peloponnesian War where they conquered Athens, fell into disarray.)

Rome was regarded as the best ancient army for a very good reason, as sadistic as they could be.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Noteboom's performance this year before the deadline may be the thing that determines whether the Rams can trade for a pass-rusher.

If Noteboom doesn't show that he's the man, I don't think you can, in good consciousness, send high picks out for a pass rusher. You'll need as much of next year's draft capital as possible to draft a decent LT prospect.

If Anchrum comes out and kicks ass, that'll be a huge plus. We could pencil in him and Brush as starters next year and they can bring in some mid-low round prospects to develop on the inside.

Way to early to tell about next season? Your already jumping out the window. I don’t see The Rams making any moves very soon.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I didn't say that. Try to read.

I said he must have felt they needed speed at WR vs a rookie C.

He likely knew Djax was a risk... he was right there. And Jefferson is not a big deep threat. Sure, he gets a lot of one on one because he is WR3. So he gets deep occasionally, but teams don't fear his speed. He doesn't affect a defensive scheme.

Right or wrong, they saw Tutu as a guy that could pressure a defense deep.

Now they may have been wrong in who they selected, but it doesn't mean he was wrong in what he felt their biggest need was.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
When will you let it go and move on?

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yep. Not a fan of Rome (and Boudicca is another interesting character in history who was arguably one of the most charismatic women I've seen...well, ever; I wish I could command armies of men like she did.), but they were the premier military force. No good in single combat, but as a phalanx under a good Commode? Nobody beats them, not Hannibal, not Boudicca, not Alexander the Great, definitely not Sparta (whom, after the Peloponnesian War where they conquered Athens, fell into disarray.)

Rome was regarded as the best ancient army for a very good reason, as sadistic as they could be.

Seriously? Why is "Comm ander" changed? I get that it's good for kicks, and I despise Dan Snyder's team and team nickname as well...but the word you're replacing is a legitimate word that's used fairly often, especially in military terms.

I get wanting to be funny, I do, and I get changing the names of other things (I only think of Asshole Face as Asshole Face), but Comm ander shouldn't be one of them.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Yes,
Seriously? Why is "Comm ander" changed? I get that it's good for kicks, and I despise Dan Snyder's team and team nickname as well...but the word you're replacing is a legitimate word that's used fairly often, especially in military terms.

I get wanting to be funny, I do, and I get changing the names of other things (I only think of Asshole Face as Asshole Face), but Comm ander shouldn't be one of them.

I tend to agree and about Boudica.
I just wonder how many absolutely amazing women who commanded armies have been lost to history... and how many have simply been erased or reduced to being a footnote.

Cleopatra and Olympias both intrigue me (all those women with Epirate and or Macedonian ancestry were often as brilliant as they were dangerous)

What's interesting is how you can read behind the lines of those histories from Roman antiquity and you notice these powerful and influential Roman women who are MUCH bigger players in the Republic era than anyone ever really acknowledges. That might be true for the imperial era too but I'm not as well informed on those centuries...

Anyways, Go MARS!!!!

( nerdsplaining for you non-nerds: Mars as in the Roman God of War, associated with the Greek God Ares, also depicted as the Ram.... RAMS, MARS... see? Lol I'm such a fucking dork)

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yes,

I tend to agree and about Boudica.
I just wonder how many absolutely amazing women who commanded armies have been lost to history... and how many have simply been erased or reduced to being a footnote.

Cleopatra and Olympias both intrigue me (all those women with Epirate and or Macedonian ancestry were often as brilliant as they were dangerous)

What's interesting is how you can read behind the lines of those histories from Roman antiquity and you notice these powerful and influential Roman women who are MUCH bigger players in the Republic era than anyone ever really acknowledges. That might be true for the imperial era too but I'm not as well informed on those centuries...

Anyways, Go MARS!!!!

( nerdsplaining for you non-nerds: Mars as in the Roman God of War, associated with the Greek God Ares, also depicted as the Ram.... RAMS, MARS... see? Lol I'm such a fucking dork)

Fate, I could nerdsplain about Boudica all day (I've had to research her for a Pokemon fanfic. No, I don't regret it at all.) She was the queen of the Icini tribe near where the modern day U.K. is (and yes, the U.K. has fucking statues of her in her chariot), and when her husband, Prasutagus died, the Romans swooped in to take the land. She resisted, but she was flogged and her two daughters were raped, which only pissed her off more. She basically pillaged and burned all of modern day Colchester and London, annihilating the Romans there.

She was able to command thousands of men with amazing speeches and prayers to Andraste (their female war goddess; I remember a story where she hid a literal hare in her dress as a divination sign - while saying how the Romans were "hares and foxes trying to rule over dogs and wolves" - and since the hare hopped in the right way, it just amped up her army even more.

Long story short, Boudica was a fucking badass woman whom I hope to aspire to be as amazing as. Oh, and she was also one of the main icons in the British suffrage movement.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Way to early to tell about next season? Your already jumping out the window. I don’t see The Rams making any moves very soon.
It's not too early if we're talking about using draft picks to trade for players this season.
If you're in a spot where you think one guy, like Von Miller, can take you to the next level.. and that level is "Super Bowl contender".. then, you do it.
If the Rams are scuffling along and looks like they'll barely make the playoffs and show some serious holes in the roster? I do not make that kind of trade.

dang

Legend
It's not too early if we're talking about using draft picks to trade for players this season.
If you're in a spot where you think one guy, like Von Miller, can take you to the next level.. and that level is "Super Bowl contender".. then, you do it.
If the Rams are scuffling along and looks like they'll barely make the playoffs and show some serious holes in the roster? I do not make that kind of trade.
I wasn’t surprised by the rust I saw in the first half by the offense. I was unnerved by the chaos I saw in the second half by the offense. Week 2 will be a test to see if the chaos can be cleaned up quickly.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
McVay usually has us playing better in the 2nd half and proper adjustments are made. That’s why I was confident at HT being tied. Then outscored 21-0 in 2nd half. Very out of character.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Seriously? Why is "COMMODE" changed? I get that it's good for kicks, and I despise Dan Snyder's team and team nickname as well...but the word you're replacing is a legitimate word that's used fairly often, especially in military terms.

I get wanting to be funny, I do, and I get changing the names of other things (I only think of Asshole Face as Asshole Face), but COMMODE shouldn't be one of them.
FIFY.
~ @ROD-BOT

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yes we did recover. But we recovered by trading for a RB who could be counted on to ground out the tough yards. That got us back on track, just like a similar move got us back on track in 2018 which was eerily similar. Both offenses were floundering and one dimensional.

Rams still seem to think they have enough in that room right now though. Maybe they're right. But something is off with Akers and they are now counting on the guy who was not good enough in 2018 or 2021 to get us back on track.

I don't like being negative but there is a point where doing the same thing again and again and again and then thinking it's going to be different this time around starts to feel like that definition of insanity. If this does turn around without adding to that RB room I think it will be due to the pass game but I would love for Hendy to prove me wrong.
I’ve seen that insanity theme in more than one instance with McVay. My biggest peeve is not having a contingency plan when facing 6 man fronts. “Doing what we do best” isn’t cutting it in those situations.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When will you let it go and move on?
Why is it necessary to let go and move on? The Wagner fiasco irked me every time we lost to. Seattle.

Maybe people will move on if/when the Rams build a better offensive line. As long as there are some glaring holes fans will be thinking of what could have been.

Or, maybe if TuTu ends up playing at or above Humphrey’s level. (Not likely)

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why is it necessary to let go and move on? The Wagner fiasco irked me every time we lost to. Seattle.

Maybe people will move on if/when the Rams build a better offensive line. As long as there are some glaring holes fans will be thinking of what could have been.

Or, maybe if TuTu ends up playing at or above Humphrey’s level. (Not likely)
The Rams offensive line unit has been top 10 in 4 out of 5 years under Mcvay. Y'all are throwing this offensive line under the bus after ONE game. It's crazy that we went from being relieved that Brian Allen worked out, stressing about not knowing what to do (at LT, C, RG) in the offseason, being relieved that Brian Allen is back, and now dumping on him again. The Rams like Allen so much that they started him and the paid him as a free agent. They're not thinking about creed Humphrey in the slightest and I truly don't understand why Rams fans think they have to do what WE want.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay usually has us playing better in the 2nd half and proper adjustments are made. That’s why I was confident at HT being tied. Then outscored 21-0 in 2nd half. Very out of character.
The whole team just seemed out of it. Good smelling salt for the rest of the season though.