Noteboom & Allen both injured

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams offensive line unit has been top 10 in 4 out of 5 years under Mcvay. Y'all are throwing this offensive line under the bus after ONE game. It's crazy that we went from being relieved that Brian Allen worked out, stressing about not knowing what to do (at LT, C, RG) in the offseason, being relieved that Brian Allen is back, and now dumping on him again. The Rams like Allen so much that they started him and the paid him as a free agent. They're not thinking about creed Humphrey in the slightest and I truly don't understand why Rams fans think they have to do what WE want.
Because they can’t run the ball consistently.

If Bruss had panned out this year and the run game improved then maybe nobody cares. But he didn’t. Having two injured guys who have had injuries previously.

They really liked the last center they had too, and he was not good.

The Rams have key players around the 30 mark. The Super Boel window won’t stay open very long. It would be a shame for guys like AD, Kupp, Stafford, Ramsey, Wagner etc,… to be held back by the Oline.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The Rams offensive line unit has been top 10 in 4 out of 5 years under Mcvay. Y'all are throwing this offensive line under the bus after ONE game.
It's not after one game. This aspect of McSnead's philosophy has been an ongoing discussion for years; game one just understandably elevated the concern.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because they can’t run the ball consistently.

If Bruss had panned out this year and the run game improved then maybe nobody cares. But he didn’t. Having two injured guys who have had injuries previously.

They really liked the last center they had too, and he was not good.

The Rams have key players around the 30 mark. The Super Boel window won’t stay open very long. It would be a shame for guys like AD, Kupp, Stafford, Ramsey, Wagner etc,… to be held back by the Oline.
Allen has worked out though. Which is why the re-signed him. He wasn't bad last week either which says a lot since the team struggled

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not after one game. This aspect of McSnead's philosophy has been an ongoing discussion for years; game one just understandably elevated the concern.
Explain to me how when we've had a top ten line most of them being here

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Explain to me how when we've had a top ten line most of them being here
I think last year's line was just good enough. Their pass pro was just enough, along with Stafford's multiple top performances. And the results in the playoffs were tight, where we faced 3 of 4 teams with dominant defensive fronts and barely survived.

So is it so bad to want to see a better line? To think that maybe in order to repeat we need to do better. Or perhaps even to discuss this as an issue that it is and kick around whether it is going to hurt us this year. Seems to me all those topics are applicable to the here and now whether we like it or not.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Why is it necessary to let go and move on? The Wagner fiasco irked me every time we lost to. Seattle.

Maybe people will move on if/when the Rams build a better offensive line. As long as there are some glaring holes fans will be thinking of what could have been.

Or, maybe if TuTu ends up playing at or above Humphrey’s level. (Not likely)
Maybe move on after they've won a Super Bowl?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think last year's line was just good enough. Their pass pro was just enough, along with Stafford's multiple top performances. And the results in the playoffs were tight, where we faced 3 of 4 teams with dominant defensive fronts and barely survived.

So is it so bad to want to see a better line? To think that maybe in order to repeat we need to do better. Or perhaps even to discuss this as an issue that it is and kick around whether it is going to hurt us this year. Seems to me all those topics are applicable to the here and now whether we like it or not.
It's not bad to. It's also not bad to wait more than one game for the doom and gloom. But y'all can post whatever you want. I never objected to it. But I'll respond the way I choose as well.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
The LA RAMS are supposed to have dominate offensive lines. Its a tradition and a good one.
Spend some draft capitol on the big strong guys with long arms and quick feet.
You can always find talented receivers and running backs in the mid rounds.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Nothing wrong with people wanting us to win more of them.
Sure but for crissakes we know where everyone stands on the issue. So must we beat it to death every week? I come here to get away from such arguments that my wife won't let go.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's not too early if we're talking about using draft picks to trade for players this season.
If you're in a spot where you think one guy, like Von Miller, can take you to the next level.. and that level is "Super Bowl contender".. then, you do it.
If the Rams are scuffling along and looks like they'll barely make the playoffs and show some serious holes in the roster? I do not make that kind of trade.

Like I said it’s to early to tell. You want to talk about it after the the break or a major injury? Then maybe,I don’t see anything in the near future that is going to change.Especially if your taking offensive line.
Mcvay gave Kolone all those reps for a reason if your talking a center. I think your over reacting if your talking Noteboom & even then The Rams will try to fill it in house.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Are you watching the end of this Falcons game? They couldn’t sniff a first down when they needed to chew clock.
And yes, I realize they have struggled to run the ball. However I don't see the need to continually talk about the 2021 draft. It's over Johnny...it's over!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Are you watching the end of this Falcons game? They couldn’t sniff a first down when they needed to chew clock.
BTW, let's open a thread on whether Martz ran the ball enough in SB 36. Or how about we discuss whether they should have taken Suh over Bradford? Maybe we should discuss if it was a mistake to bench Warner for Bulger?

Anyone of those horses might still have a gasp of breath left in them. So let's swing away on them as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There was a noticeable difference today in the RBs. They pass blocked with full emphasis first off. Also both did a good job in the run game. OL fired off nicely in the early going too.

They definitely need to work on killing clock late though. Unless the plan is to continue to give us fucking heart attacks.