Noteboom & Allen both injured

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Just trying to help you guys get over your obsession over Humphrey/Atwell....but....

NegligibleBasicDuckbillcat-max-1mb.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Chill...they were down to the 3rd OG off the bench
Not being able to put the game away by chewing clock and getting an first down has been a problem for years. I thought Jackson played great btw. I prefer Jackson at Right guard and Shelton at center. Its too bad Anchrum got injured. I really was hoping to see what he could do.
BTW, let's open a thread on whether Martz ran the ball enough in SB 36. Or how about we discuss whether they should have taken Suh over Bradford? Maybe we should discuss if it was a mistake to bench Warner for Bulger?

Anyone of those horses might still have a gasp of breath left in them. So let's swing away on them as well.
Now you are being silly. The Martz conversations went on far longer than the Crede/Tutu conversation. Tutu did great today btw :laugh1:
Henderson did avg nearly 5 yrds a carry...just sayin
Yes he ran well during the game, but the Rams Oline has not been able to enforce its will on teams to end the game.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Not being able to put the game away by chewing clock and getting an first down has been a problem for years. I thought Jackson played great btw. I prefer Jackson at Right guard and Shelton at center. Its too bad Anchrum got injured. I really was hoping to see what he could do.

Now you are being silly. The Martz conversations went on far longer than the Crede/Tutu conversation. Tutu did great today btw :laugh1:

Yes he ran well during the game, but the Rams Oline has not been able to enforce its will on teams to end the game.
Turnovers.
Line was doing well.
Kupp's fumble and the blocked punt were the problem.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
That's scary with noteboom ....your not getting a LT without giving away the franchise. Sign Fischer move boom back to guard or have him heal .....pressure against a team like ATL is one thing but Bosa is going to crush Stafford if this continues. Unless Fischer hates LA please sign him now!!! Give him a chance to get acclimated.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That's scary with noteboom ....your not getting a LT without giving away the franchise. Sign Fischer move boom back to guard or have him heal .....pressure against a team like ATL is one thing but Bosa is going to crush Stafford if this continues. Unless Fischer hates LA please sign him now!!! Give him a chance to get acclimated.
I thought Noteboom played well yesterday; and Nick Bosa usually is on the left-side of the 49ers' Defense, so he mostly goes-up against Havenstein.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I thought Noteboom played well yesterday; and Nick Bosa usually is on the left-side of the 49ers' Defense, so he mostly goes-up against Havenstein.

He still lead in pressures is what one of the posters wrote that's scary against a team with not much there besides Grady on the middle....and I'd be moving bosa a lot especially if boom isn't playing well and also a bum knee.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Boom should have another solid or better game vs Arizona. Their edge types are nothing special. His play overall is worrisome but then again we knew there might be a settling in period.

I am actually hopeful with the OL though, given how much better they looked with Jackson in there at RG. OL are weird. Sometimes a different group just work better together regardless of the talent side. Also Jackson has always had a good anchor to his game and that is an element they needed up front. Danger of course is the depth, we're down to 7 and that includes Evans who is hardly better than some random castoff.

But back to Jackson he might end up being a guard for us. As good as he's looked in small doses at tackle his strengths seem to be magnified inside where lateral movement for the DL is nullified a bit. So very happy with him in there and hopeful they keep him there. And of course hopeful we have no further injuries to the group, given how ugly the depth looks.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

Move Boom to a position he's worse at than LT? (n) Edwards and his replacement for are both better suited for LG than boom.
If he continues to struggle I assume his replacement will be waiting to take over. McVay wont mess around when it comes to Staffords blind side.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
He still lead in pressures is what one of the posters wrote that's scary against a team with not much there besides Grady on the middle....and I'd be moving bosa a lot especially if boom isn't playing well and also a bum knee.

I noticed the Rams brought in a 6'th 'Jumbo' offensive lineman for at least one play to help block on the left side, but wouldn't you know it that Bobby Evans completely whiffed on the play.
We also brought in Skowronek as a FB which was pretty successful and mixed things up a bit which was fun, but being without our WR3 in Van Jefferson, that also creates additional pressure on Kupp & Robinson as targets, so I keep wondering why Roger Carter isn't being invited to the party as TE3 or FB for blocking purposes, or is Skow that much better doing double duty ? If Noteboom/Edwards needs help on the left side, where's our TE lined up ?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Move Boom to a position he's worse at than LT? (n) Edwards and his replacement for are both better suited for LG than boom.
If he continues to struggle I assume his replacement will be waiting to take over. McVay wont mess around when it comes to Staffords blind side.

I know I always wanted him at LT however he did open holes in the run game at guard. If it continues you can get Stafford killed your season depends on at least his blindside so the Rams are not one to sit on a mistake as we have seen before. I'm not saying Boom is a mistake just yet but this one will need to be decided and quickly before you run that gauntlet and get your franchise QB killed. AD needs help to but if I had to choose I'd get the o-line sured up rather take chances in a shootout all o ask is we are good against the run so as other teams can chew up clock. It's only 2 games but my binoculars rt now are on LT and Edge help. Let's see how this plays out.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I noticed the Rams brought in a 6'th 'Jumbo' offensive lineman for at least one play to help block on the left side, but wouldn't you know it that Bobby Evans completely whiffed on the play.
We also brought in Skowronek as a FB which was pretty successful and mixed things up a bit which was fun, but being without our WR3 in Van Jefferson, that also creates additional pressure on Kupp & Robinson as targets, so I keep wondering why Roger Carter isn't being invited to the party as TE3 or FB for blocking purposes, or is Skow that much better doing double duty ? If Noteboom/Edwards needs help on the left side, where's our TE lined up ?

Great points and spot on and I realize only two games in but most on this forum are pretty dam smart usually when all or most pick up immediately on 1 or 2 things we are not wrong. We will see how it goes that first whiner game and to an extent Arizona but the whiner game will reveal a lot. Not looking passed the turdnals at all especially after wt we witnessed yesterday.