OFFICIAL NFL injuries 2022/23 season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
CGI,
It depends where on the bone the fracture is located. Frequently in football injuries it's the transverse process that is fractured which is not in the vicinity of the spinal cord.
If it was the vertebra itself that was fractured that would be a potentially more serious issue.

~ArkyRamsFan~
I fractured 4 transverse processes snowboarding about 20 years ago. The physical therapist said it was a "football injury" and that he had never seen it from a snowboarding accident, haha. He thinks I actually fractured them twisting in mid air while trying not to land on my noggin from 15' up...

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Couple HUGE season-ending injuries hit the wire today.

Taylor Lewan (knee) of the Titans, and Micah Hyde (neck) of the Bills.

TN could be in for a tough season, and that would be disappointing for a team that was the #1 seed in the AFC in January.

The Bills are a loaded team but their veteran Safeties (Hyde and Poyer) represented a major strength.

I know the Rams have been hit with injuries early this season; and their O-Line and CBs are a current focus but there’s a big difference between losing good players for a limited amount of games, and top players to season ending injuries.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can someone find out if it's Alaric or A.J. Jackson? The announcers referred to him as Alaric Jackson, which quite frankly I believe distinguishes him because they are a ton of A.J.'s around. Come on Mr. Jackson, go with Alaric like Thomas Woodrow Wilson went with Woodrow because there were a ton of Thomas Wilson's.
Or, as William Magear Tweed went by Boss Tweed. Springsteen was a copycat....

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Matthew Stafford has entered the chat....
Along with Romo and Jeff Garcia (wow, I still hate typing his name), right? Or those were herniated discs not broken bones maybe. I don't recall.

EDIT: Romo broke a transverse process and played the next week. Can't find anything on the other guy in terms of back injuries. Maybe in mistaken about that one.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

now that's a bummer. i guess more of ben skow.

Freezing Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Damnit. I knew something was up with Van.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of these guys could get injured opening a folding chair at the beach!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Oh I know, how about we play the guy we took in the SECOND round now that Jeff is out for a while longer..... It still utterly baffling why McVay refuses to play Atwell AT ALL. They had to have seen something in him to take him that high. Why not give him a shot at some deep passes? He's the same size or possibly bigger then when they drafted him, so that couldn't be it.

Psycho_X

Legend
This could be big for the Rams next week :

Missing their best player is certainly a loss for them. I don't know who their backup is or what he looks like. I know the oline hasn't been stellar overall for them so hopefully the Rams front 7 can take advantage. Keep Jimmy G uncomfortable and the turnovers will come. But due to that I fully expect an absurdly heavy dose of Deebo and RB screens/dumpoffs/wheel routes. This is the kind of game we paid Wagner for.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
With all of our injuries so far this year, the 49ers losing Trent Williams will not get any sympathy from me. If anything it makes the playing field more equitable.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Looks like the Chargers lost All Pro LT Rashawn Slater to a season-ending torn-biceps. That's Huge.

Detroit lost its best safety Tracy Walker to a torn Achilles.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
SF looked very beatable last night especially after losing Williams. The former Ram, now Denver DC had a great game plan to shut them down after the opening drive.