New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JT: No One Thinks Kroenke ‘Comes Close’ to Meeting Relocation Guidelines

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch joined The Ryan Kelley Morning After on Monday to discuss the latest involving the Rams’ future and give his take on the team’s Week 1 preseason loss to the Oakland Raiders over the weekend.

Listen to JT Talk Rams

JT:
"It comes down to lobbying and politics. I've talked to several people....No one thinks Stan comes close to meeting the relocation guidelines. Again...you just have to wonder how this will come out. I found it reassuring to hear and read that Dave Peacock is visiting several of these owners. He needs to work directly on the owners because they're going to be the guys voting."
Interesting that JT would say that after Grubman was on the Radio in St Louis and said the Rams "won the argument" and it would be up to the owners. He also said that he could envision a scenario where St Louis has everything set up and ready to go and the NFL still allowed the Rams to move.

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...With-St-Louis-Stadium-Financing-in-Place.aspx

He also had some interesting things to say about it all on a San Diego radio station.

http://www.mighty1090.com/episode/eric-grubman-dean-spanos-has-spoken-up/

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Understandable, but it's definitely interesting.

What's interesting is the guy is out of Denver. Kroenke is about the only one that could call the Rams to LA "a virtual lock". Kroenke does own most of the sports life in Denver too. Dude is playing the media.

Ok, gotta take this tin foil hat off. No more conspiracies for me today.

A55VA6

Legend
What's interesting is the guy is out of Denver. Kroenke is about the only one that could call the Rams to LA "a virtual lock". Kroenke does own most of the sports life in Denver too. Dude is playing the media.

Ok, gotta take this tin foil hat off. No more conspiracies for me today.
Maybe he and Kroenke have tea together and talk about life. hahaha.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Interesting that JT would say that after Grubman was on the Radio in St Louis and said the Rams "won the argument" and it would be up to the owners. He also said that he could envision a scenario where St Louis has everything set up and ready to go and the NFL still allowed the Rams to move.

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...With-St-Louis-Stadium-Financing-in-Place.aspx

He also had some interesting things to say about it all on a San Diego radio station.

http://www.mighty1090.com/episode/eric-grubman-dean-spanos-has-spoken-up/

Does it specify who JT talked to. The quote just says that he's talked to "several people". Not owners, not other writers. I'd like some clarification on who he talked to.

V3

Hall of Fame
He also said that he could envision a scenario where St Louis has everything set up and ready to go and the NFL still allowed the Rams to move
If that were the case, the city of St. Louis should consider a lawsuit for not following their own bylaws. Maybe I'm way off on that but I don't see how the NFL can make a set or rules and totally ignore them, especially when it has significant financial repercussions against the city of STL.

DavidU

UDFA
We still disagree on how much the Chargers will lose if they move. I don't think traffic jams will be taken into account. I don't think the NFL "knows better" at all. I think they'll look at actual distance moved and conclude that it'll be far more traumatic for the St Louis market's team to move halfway across the country vs SD's moving around 200 miles. We won't ever agree on that.

If the Cardinals moved to Kansas City, do you think Cardinal fans would still follow them?

There might be a handful of San Diego Charger fans who follow the Los Angeles Chargers, but the vast majority will hate them with a passion IMO.

iced

If that were the case, the city of St. Louis should consider a lawsuit for not following their own bylaws. Maybe I'm way off on that but I don't see how the NFL can make a set or rules and totally ignore them, especially when it has significant financial repercussions against the city of STL.

I could easily envision a settlement with the city of St.Louis that gives us an expansion team or allows the Rams to move but change the names (a'la Browns - Ravens type of scenario)... Either way, St.Louis remains an NFL City.. I can't see the NFL not wanting to capitalize on a city building a 2nd stadium within 25 years. Particularly when out of the 3 cities, St.Louis looks the most likely to have a plan that an owner will like

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip

St Louis waived the right to sue when they agreed to allow the Rams to relocate in the lease.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I could easily envision a settlement with the city of St.Louis that gives us an expansion team or allows the Rams to move but change the names (a'la Browns - Ravens type of scenario)... Either way, St.Louis remains an NFL City.. I can't see the NFL not wanting to capitalize on a city building a 2nd stadium within 25 years. Particularly when out of the 3 cities, St.Louis looks the most likely to have a plan that an owner will like
The name will go Kroenke owns the trademark. The difference was that there was a lease in place in Cleveland

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-modell020996-story.html

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
How in the world can the NFL allow a team to move when / if the city they are in does everything necessary to build a new stadium?? Can someone explain that to me? How can it be a 'virtual lock' if STL does in fact secure the financing / land and is going to build it?

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
How in the world can the NFL allow a team to move when / if the city they are in does everything necessary to build a new stadium?? Can someone explain that to me? How can it be a 'virtual lock' if STL does in fact secure the financing / land and is going to build it?
Read the article above. They let the Browns move with a lot more issues.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The Texans have no support out of the Houston area so it would have no impact on McNair.

That's an interesting blanket statement that doesn't match my experience. I spent years traveling to San Antonio for work and just about everyone I knew was a Texans fan and also wanted a franchise in San Antonio.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

If that happens, the NFL is going to receive a package from me containing all official NFL gear I own. There might be an extra surprise or 2 in the box, but I can't divulge that information.

V3

Hall of Fame
St Louis waived the right to sue when they agreed to allow the Rams to relocate in the lease.
That agreement assumes there isn't another stadium being offered. St. Louis is the first city I know of in ANY sport to offer TWO stadiums in a span of 20 years for the same franchise. Also, the bylaws explicitly state that owners can't relocate for financial gain. That is 100% the reason Kroenke wants to move.

V3

Hall of Fame
There had better not be an expansion fee, then. I also don't see how they can expand the league without messing stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.