New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iced

I'll dig up the article, it suggests that Kraft and Goodell's falling out over deflategate has opened things up for Jerry.

Jerry is already influential though.

not sure how influential - wasn't enough for him and snyder to get out of their salary dumping scandal...and also Rooney didn't exactly agree with Jerry Jones's earlier comments on LA..And I would think Rooney is held in a much higher regard than Jerry.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
What are your guys' thoughts on Demoff attending this and being part of the presentation? I don't know why it bothers me, but it does. I always kind of thought of him as being on 'our' side... meaning the STL Rams fans... but obviously he's part of the Rams executive committee and going to do what Stan wants him to do. I've just been at several functions where he was talking about stadium plans and what kind (dome / open air) and where (city / county) - and now it seems like that wasn't even part of the plan at all. I think Kevin's a good guy and is put in a bad situation because Stan won't talk. Just bothers me and I don't know why.

Truth is, LA or STL, Kevin couldn't give two shits what town he's working from. Maybe he has a preference, who knows, but he hasn't led on. He's doing what he's told.

I really don't care about the front office, except when we hear about the draft or contract stuff.

RamBill

Legend
JT: No One Thinks Kroenke ‘Comes Close’ to Meeting Relocation Guidelines

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch joined The Ryan Kelley Morning After on Monday to discuss the latest involving the Rams’ future and give his take on the team’s Week 1 preseason loss to the Oakland Raiders over the weekend.

Listen to JT Talk Rams

JT:
"It comes down to lobbying and politics. I've talked to several people....No one thinks Stan comes close to meeting the relocation guidelines. Again...you just have to wonder how this will come out. I found it reassuring to hear and read that Dave Peacock is visiting several of these owners. He needs to work directly on the owners because they're going to be the guys voting."

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Truth is, LA or STL, Kevin couldn't give two shits what town he's working from. Maybe he has a preference, who knows, but he hasn't led on. He's doing what he's told.

I really don't care about the front office, except when we hear about the draft or contract stuff.

I'm not sure if that's true or not. But I've sat it on 3 luncheons where he discussed future stadium plans in ST. LOUIS - and he even conducted polls on what the fans would prefer. I just think it was to appease the crowd at this point.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
That's the time frame that Goodell and Grubman used last week.

You mean Goodell and Grubman kept things almost even in every way when talking about the proceedings in order to keep the maximum amount of hope alive in every market.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
You mean Goodell and Grubman kept things almost even in every way when talking about the proceedings in order to keep the maximum amount of hope alive in every market.

No both cities have certain dates that relate to the the relocation timeline. San Diego had 2004 with the lease that gave them the right to relocate if a stadium wasn't built. The Chargers gave up a lot to get that right, guaranteed ticket sales and a top tier clause. In St Louis it goes back to the first review date in the lease of March 1, 2005.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
No both cities have certain dates that relate to the the relocation timeline. San Diego had 2004 with the lease that gave them the right to relocate if a stadium wasn't built. The Chargers gave up a lot to get that right, guaranteed ticket sales and a top tier clause. In St Louis it goes back to the first review date in the lease of March 1, 2005.

but they waived it and moved on. I don't see many owners viewing that as a stadium struggle. Perhaps they will, but the vote if it comes to that will be as much about perception as anything else. Simply put I don't think there is much Stan can argue about stadiums and leases that Spanos can't at least match him on. His stadiums in better repair, his lease was damned near rent control level, and his city is trying their damnest to give him a stadium. I think overall, IF it comes down to it, Spanos has the advantage in a head to head vote. I really do. Problem will be getting Carson to the finish line, and St Louis getting to the finish line. Those things happen, I don't see him racking in the votes. JMO, and now I'll have to pick it up later. Midnight shift is creeping closer.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
but they waived it and moved on. I don't see many owners viewing that as a stadium struggle. Perhaps they will, but the vote if it comes to that will be as much about perception as anything else. Simply put I don't think there is much Stan can argue about stadiums and leases that Spanos can't at least match him on. His stadiums in better repair, his lease was damned near rent control level, and his city is trying their damnest to give him a stadium. I think overall, IF it comes down to it, Spanos has the advantage in a head to head vote. I really do. Problem will be getting Carson to the finish line, and St Louis getting to the finish line. Those things happen, I don't see him racking in the votes. JMO, and now I'll have to pick it up later. Midnight shift is creeping closer.

They Rams gave up $ 250 million or more for renovations in exchange for $ 30 million in repairs for the dome and all they got was arbitration for the next review. The NFL and the Rams haven't moved on from that date.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
@The Ripper

JT:
"It comes down to lobbying and politics. I've talked to several people....No one thinks Stan comes close to meeting the relocation guidelines. Again...you just have to wonder how this will come out. I found it reassuring to hear and read that Dave Peacock is visiting several of these owners. He needs to work directly on the owners because they're going to be the guys voting."

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The NFL approved by a vote of the ownership at least twice all financial terms and conditions of the lease for both the Chargers and Rams. The conditions include the right to relocate.

If it comes down to a finish line against Carson and a funded STL stadium, there's only one thing Stan has working for him. Money. Will the NFL do the right thing and give all 3 teams a new stadium, or will the Raiders or Chargers be left to rot?

A55VA6

Legend
Who is this? He's out of Denver, but what does he write for?

I just trust him because he's been correct many times before and never seems to give out false info. Here's a little info on him:

Benjamin Allbright, has been involved with the high school and collegiate athlete scouting business since 1999. He is widely regarded for his succinct, and often contrarian evaluations of quarterback prospects. He and his work have been featured on ESPN and Fox Sports Network, as well as a host of other mediums. Benjamin is proud to be bringing his work to Bleacher Report.

Author of the forthcoming book "Amatuers: Exploring the false narrative around paying college athletes"

Follow Benjamin on Twitter @AllbrightNFL

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
If it comes down to a finish line against Carson and a funded STL stadium, there's only one thing Stan has working for him. Money. Will the NFL do the right thing and give all 3 teams a new stadium, or will the Raiders or Chargers be left to rot?

He also has time and certainty for completion of the stadium. Carson still must complete all the remediation on the land and the sign off from the Dept of Toxic Substances Control.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I just trust him because he's been correct many times before and never seems to give out false info. Here's a little info on him:

Benjamin Allbright, has been involved with the high school and collegiate athlete scouting business since 1999. He is widely regarded for his succinct, and often contrarian evaluations of quarterback prospects. He and his work have been featured on ESPN and Fox Sports Network, as well as a host of other mediums. Benjamin is proud to be bringing his work to Bleacher Report.

Author of the forthcoming book "Amatuers: Exploring the false narrative around paying college athletes"

Follow Benjamin on Twitter @AllbrightNFL

Yea, I just can't trust anything that says "virtual lock" because we haven't reached the end of this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.