New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Maybe I'm nit picking as almost every argument in this thread is fairly fruitless but this one can't get much more anecdotal - can it?

Just calling out the blanket statements as I see them! :) I used actual ratings for the win and now you jump in?!

Yeah... We may have drifted off course a tad.

bluecoconuts

Legend
This is a fox rating from 2011 when they switched from an overtime Texans to a Dallas game and pissed of the Texan fan base in the areas:

Texans rating in Austin was a 12.1, while the Cowboy rating was a 21.7. In San Antonio, the Texans posted a 14.8, while the Cowboys did a 27.9.”

Maybe I'm reading the numbers wrong, but isn't this saying that the Cowboys had significantly more viewers in both cities? Especially San Antonio?

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
This is a fox rating from 2011 when they switched from an overtime Texans to a Dallas game and pissed of the Texan fan base in the areas:

Texans rating in Austin was a 12.1, while the Cowboy rating was a 21.7. In San Antonio, the Texans posted a 14.8, while the Cowboys did a 27.9.”

How is that a win Dallas had nearly double the rating plus unless the Texans were playing an NFC team they were not on Fox. Look at any market study. The state is controlled by the Cowboys.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just calling out the blanket statements as I see them! :) I used actual ratings for the win and now you jump in?!

Yeah... We may have drifted off course a tad.
Yeah - not taking a side here. Just talking about the argument itself. But like I said, in the grand scheme of things in this thread I could very well be nit picking. And you used actual ratings? Sorry - I lost interest before Ripper started it. :D

RamzFanz

Damnit
How is that a win Dallas had nearly double the rating plus unless the Texans were playing an NFC team they were not on Fox. Look at any market study. The state is controlled by the Cowboys.

They were on FOX, I told you, Fox switched to the Dallas game from the Houston game. How else would there be ratings?!

You said there was no support for the Texans outside of Houston and yet Austin and San Antonio have over half the ratings as the cowboys. Are you saying that's "no support?" And this was 4 years ago when the articles say support has been growing after this.

Maybe I'm reading the numbers wrong, but isn't this saying that the Cowboys had significantly more viewers in both cities? Especially San Antonio?

Yes, Dallas has slightly less than 2/3rds which means 1/3 of viewers are watching the Texans. That wouldn't be "no support" in football country, that would be significant support.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
They were on FOX, I told you, Fox switched to the Dallas game from the Houston game. How else would there be ratings?!

You said there was no support for the Texans outside of Houston and yet Austin and San Antonio have over half the ratings as the cowboys. Are you saying that's "no support?" And this was 4 years ago when the articles say support has been growing after this.

Yes, Dallas has slightly less than 2/3rds which means 1/3 of viewers are watching the Texans. That wouldn't be "no support" in football country, that would be significant support.

All stations in Texas broadcast both Texans and Dallas games so in most cases that's the only game on. That was one main reasons I went to DirecTV.

RamzFanz

Damnit
All stations in Texas broadcast both Texans and Dallas games so in most cases that's the only game on. That was one main reasons I went to DirecTV.

You said there was no support for the Texans outside of Houston and yet Austin and San Antonio have over half the ratings as the cowboys. Are you saying that's "no support?"

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
You said there was no support for the Texans outside of Houston and yet Austin and San Antonio have over half the ratings as the cowboys. Are you saying that's "no support?"

Support is based on revenues and the Texans get almost 100% of their local revenues from Houston.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Oh, I thought you were saying there was more support for the Texans, gotcha.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Support is based on revenues and the Texans get almost 100% of their local revenues from Houston.

So the Texans don't get TV revenue? Apparel sales revenue?

Wait...are you really saying LA Rams fans don't support the Rams?

So far, we have a poll with strong Texans support, TV ratings with strong Texans support, and articles that all indicate strong Texans support including apparel sales.

Dude, it's OK to be wrong. I'm often wrong myself.

This is my last post on this subject. We return you to the original pointless arguments and sweeping unsupported statements of this thread. :)

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is my last post on this subject. We return you to the original pointless arguments and sweeping unsupported statements of this thread. :)
I'm going to take your word on this and also assume that Ripper will let it die as well. Yes that's a hint.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Can't figure out what's wrong with the bullpen, the same guys were great in the first half.
Gotta admit - I'm a pretty late season fan these days. I used to go to games during the Garvey, Lopes, Russell, Cey days but I don't keep up on it all that much unless the Dodgers are in it at the end. Yeah - I know... fair weather bandwagoner.

Was it at least a decent attempt to sidetrack the sidetracked thread?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta admit - I'm a pretty late season fan these days. I used to go to games during the Garvey, Lopes, Russell, Cey days but I don't keep up on it all that much unless the Dodgers are in it at the end. Yeah - I know... fair weather bandwagoner.

Was it at least a decent attempt to sidetrack the sidetracked thread?
Well played sir! I pay for the MLB.tv package since I live in giant and A's territory and can't stomach those teams on TV. It lets me listen to Vin so it's worth it.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Oh no you didn't....

First place in the West but still 8 games behind the Cards.

Will-Smith-Oooh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.