My 2023 RAMBLINGs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seems we tend to not prioritize OL high in the draft under this regime.

Yes Center for sure. Was Pissed about cutting John Sullivan. Then Austin Blythe was the starting RG again.Never understood the small Center/Guard.
I wanted The Rams to trade up for Lance Dickerson.If he didn’t start at Center,at least he could play guard at 320. Then you see him with Philly & Creed with KC in The Superbowl & it makes me wonder? Plus any of the 5 centers in 2021 were starters..

Yea - Tutu Atwell is small & raw. The hope is he gets stronger & develops. Add that now that Coleman Shelton is gone that The Rams get bigger at CENTER (backup starter)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Looking forward to who will be The Edge this season. For some reason I think Mcvay might be thinking(Staley) about K. Mack.

That’s just a thought,but has been rumored a month ago.Time will tell,but Les already said he is into The DL/DE group calling them fast twinners.

Funny listening to less say what you might say (call a twinner).
He didn’t even know he drafted
Hardy & has Bentley back as a UDRFA from last season(draft)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hoecht is coming back though.He really worked hard
to get into the rotation.Making it easier to get rid of L.Floyd.
He was switched around from right side to left side. IMO Floyd looked lost on the right (edge)side. Hoecht seemed better on the right. Hard call though because Floyd looked lost coming off the ROLB spot.
—Anyway a nice RAMS signing.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hoecht is coming back though.He really worked hard
to get into the rotation.Making it easier to get rid of L.Floyd.
He was switched around from right side to left side. IMO Floyd looked lost on the right (edge)side. Hoecht seemed better on the right. Hard call though because Floyd looked lost coming off the ROLB spot.
—Anyway a nice RAMS signing.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Usually don’t go that far out on a Limb,but Ingave to say The Rams are working hard trying to get things done.

I just think there are so many roads & avenues The Rams can go. I have a few in my Mind,but starting to think something BIG is going to happen.

Getting rid of Flyod,Wagner & now trading J Ramsey out of the way just gives The Rams a chance to surprise even more.

Question 1 is what FA Ram playerS do they resign?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well my wish lets goes to Detroit Lions. WOW - time to dig into the draft. A Big RB imo is required.
The Bears will pay —In the long run.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Earnest Brown really came close to making a couple Big Time Plays late in the season. I think he even got cut to start the season & was on the practice squad.
He is(was) a Bright Spot last season no one even seems to know I’ve been posting it on different threads here.
I’ll just say going to training camp he reminds me a little bit like M. Brockers. Then again he is starting to get quicker FASTER!!
All the NEGATIVE around,The Rams coaching staff develops these types of players.
Big question I’ve asked is Greg Freaking Gaines or A ‘Robinson? I’d say last training camp Robinson had The Brown Bro’s listening to him,taking all the knowledge in.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The post on DLineman. I’ve seen the development of a bunch of these guys. AD99 seems to get faster every year.You look around The NFL & Rams DLineman(ex) are all around.
The Brown Bro’s should both be really improved as 2023 goes on.

Kier Thompson & Benton Whitley are both going to be nice rotation players.
Jonah Williams is going to have to battle.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well my wish lets goes to Detroit Lions. WOW - time to dig into the draft. A Big RB imo is required.
The Bears will pay —In the long run.

LOOK at that !! Better yet! If it’s not one then it’s the other. Let’s hope .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well F””d Up!! Back to The Draft Board.Will The Rams ever draft a bigger RB. Don’t want Elliot.
J. Williams & Montgomery both would have been good fits with Cam Akers.
Just hoping The Rams finds a nice complementing RB

oldnotdead

Legend
As I've previously posted, watch what they do and don't do in free agency and the draft and you will see what their plan for his season is. As Snead said this year they want to see what they actually have in guys on their roster.

They are bringing back Shelton on a prove-it type deal. So they intend to go with Allen as their starting center. Allen has taken heat for his injuries, okay I get that. But to think he isn't a good center is nonsense. Would the Rams give him one last year to prove he can play injury free if he was subpar? I think not. So with the starting center and backup center off the table then a developmental OG/C might be on their draft board in the 6th or 7th round. It also would seem to confirm what I think they will do with the OL which is stay with their roster guys this year, i.e. Bruss, and probably Thomas. With Shelton likely to start at LG that puts Thomas battling with Bruss with the loser going to swing OG.

Their tendering Shaun Jolly tends to indicate what I've been saying about Morris going to a Tampa Two base scheme. Jolly is an undersized CB with marginal speed, who plays strictly zone. Confirmation will come in the form of who else they sign via free agency or the draft. But basically more of the same from "good enough" Morris and his soft zone base scheme.

Releasing of Floyd could mean they like the development of Hardy or they will go with Hoecht at one of the edges. I still think they will draft an edge at 36 and perhaps a second edge in the third or fifth round. Or I think they should draft an edge at 36 and sign Jordan Willis formerly of the 49ers. He is a fit to replace Floyd at JACK. And he wouldn't cost much. Willis was a third round pick of the Bengals in 2017 and I liked him then. IMO he's been buried on the rosters. Given a chance I can see him as an 8 sack type of edge.

Like with Shelton, Gaines not being there leaves a hole on the IOL. Murchison takes Copeland's snaps. Gaines is their second best IDL behind only Donald. He filled in well for Donald when AD was out.

Not tendering Wolford or Perkins means they will probably draft QB2 and sign a FA QB as a TC arm. Unless McKee drops I see them taking their QB2 in the 5th. This is a guy they potentially have for years so he's worth more than an UDFA in light of Stafford's injury potential. One thing I note is that Stafford's elbow flared up in 2021 but he played through it. Last year it flared up again and this time it was worse. It clearly affected his deep passing. The operative word is worse the second year. That is the same progression MLB pitchers experience. But in MLB teams have a bullpen, the NFL doesn't have that so a good QB2 is worth investing in because at this point it seems the Rams are going to gamble Stafford hold up for at least 2 more years.

I think the Rams stand pat in the WR room as even in a trade Allen Robinson only clears less than $2M in cap. He asked for the trade so it's up to his agent to work one out acceptable to the Rams. The trading team would have to taken on some of the guaranteed money as well as a draft pick. Either way I see Robinson gone next year regardless.

I see them drafting an ILB either in the 3rd or in the fifth. PK I think will be Pinerio or Gould. I don't see Dixon returning either. His blocks are a problem as he's too damn slow to kick. When he tries to speed it up he shanks it. A punter in the 6th or 7th wouldn't be surprising. They tried the FA route last year and it didn't work out. Drafting a punter is IMO the only way to solve the P position long term.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As I've previously posted, watch what they do and don't do in free agency and the draft and you will see what their plan for his season is. As Snead said this year they want to see what they actually have in guys on their roster.

They are bringing back Shelton on a prove-it type deal. So they intend to go with Allen as their starting center. Allen has taken heat for his injuries, okay I get that. But to think he isn't a good center is nonsense. Would the Rams give him one last year to prove he can play injury free if he was subpar? I think not. So with the starting center and backup center off the table then a developmental OG/C might be on their draft board in the 6th or 7th round. It also would seem to confirm what I think they will do with the OL which is stay with their roster guys this year, i.e. Bruss, and probably Thomas. With Shelton likely to start at LG that puts Thomas battling with Bruss with the loser going to swing OG.

Their tendering Shaun Jolly tends to indicate what I've been saying about Morris going to a Tampa Two base scheme. Jolly is an undersized CB with marginal speed, who plays strictly zone. Confirmation will come in the form of who else they sign via free agency or the draft. But basically more of the same from "good enough" Morris and his soft zone base scheme.

Releasing of Floyd could mean they like the development of Hardy or they will go with Hoecht at one of the edges. I still think they will draft an edge at 36 and perhaps a second edge in the third or fifth round. Or I think they should draft an edge at 36 and sign Jordan Willis formerly of the 49ers. He is a fit to replace Floyd at JACK. And he wouldn't cost much. Willis was a third round pick of the Bengals in 2017 and I liked him then. IMO he's been buried on the rosters. Given a chance I can see him as an 8 sack type of edge.

Like with Shelton, Gaines not being there leaves a hole on the IOL. Murchison takes Copeland's snaps. Gaines is their second best IDL behind only Donald. He filled in well for Donald when AD was out.

Not tendering Wolford or Perkins means they will probably draft QB2 and sign a FA QB as a TC arm. Unless McKee drops I see them taking their QB2 in the 5th. This is a guy they potentially have for years so he's worth more than an UDFA in light of Stafford's injury potential. One thing I note is that Stafford's elbow flared up in 2021 but he played through it. Last year it flared up again and this time it was worse. It clearly affected his deep passing. The operative word is worse the second year. That is the same progression MLB pitchers experience. But in MLB teams have a bullpen, the NFL doesn't have that so a good QB2 is worth investing in because at this point it seems the Rams are going to gamble Stafford hold up for at least 2 more years.

I think the Rams stand pat in the WR room as even in a trade Allen Robinson only clears less than $2M in cap. He asked for the trade so it's up to his agent to work one out acceptable to the Rams. The trading team would have to taken on some of the guaranteed money as well as a draft pick. Either way I see Robinson gone next year regardless.

I see them drafting an ILB either in the 3rd or in the fifth. PK I think will be Pinerio or Gould. I don't see Dixon returning either. His blocks are a problem as he's too damn slow to kick. When he tries to speed it up he shanks it. A punter in the 6th or 7th wouldn't be surprising. They tried the FA route last year and it didn't work out. Drafting a punter is IMO the only way to solve the P position long term.

I’ll address this in segments.

1. Just WOKE up. Funny though that I found a connection that is sort of funny.
Les Sneads son went to Loyal HS.
Shelton Coleman & David Long did as well.
A. Greg Robinson was an Auburn guy & Fishers son.Plus Les Snead was an Alumni there as well.

Good scouting Les !!
I actually like that Coleman Shelton is a LOCAL KID. He has worked hard, but brings me back to Austin Blythe. Allen or Coleman can’t start at GUARD.To small.
— plus when I looked in 2021,like everyone else I was ASURED The Rams were drafting a Center because it was a DEEP center draft.All Top 5 2021 centers in The Draft were starters.
The Rams just had signed a speed WR to a 1 year contract in
DJ1. The Rams don’t win a Superbowl without his release for cap space & or Von Miller.
—Now both Allen & Shelton have 2 years left on their contract. Rams did John Sullivan wrong & drafted Brian Allen anyways. LOGIC - is The Problem!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Last season The Rams had to sign both Brian Allen & Joesph Noteboom to Expensive Contracts.In 2019 they were hurt & Austin Corbett saved The Day!!
David Edwards was always next to them LG or RG.7)!
IMO The Rams would only loose David Edwards & pick up a GUARD/OT as a FA.Maybe later Rd.s in 202- draft.

How The Rams didn’t pick up an Edge last year until Late? CB was deep last season as well.

Yes Lake,Yeast, & then Jordan Fuller will be called upon. Taylor Rapp & Nick Scott are questions on The Rams direction.

DT as well - so where The Rams go will be interesting. Landon Bruss needs to improve.
Benton Whitley is a PLAYER to keep an eye on.I like his motor as an Edge Rusher from training camp last season.He was as good as any Ram.
—AJ Arcuri got some good NFL experience & IMO has the tools to be successful.( can be coached up) EXCELLENT on 1 on 1 drills.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The D-LINE ? Greg Freaking Gaines & A”Robinson were AWESOME RAMS( can talk about)

I always go & watch The DL.
Eric Henderson is The Best!!

The Brown Bro’s are ready to role.I’ve (Ram Fans)watched process with DLineman.
—Bobby Brown is only 22 Years Old & The YOUNGEST RAM!! I saw all I needed from him last season to know He Has The IT Factor.
Earnest Brown was a sponge.A@ Robinson took him under his Wings. At The End of 2022 Earnest was part of The Rams Defensive Rotation.He had a few QB pressures.OTA’s we’ll see,but his speed off the ball has improved.His angles are getting better.He is working with 2 of The Best AD99 & Henderson.

Khalil Davis ? Want MACK!! E.Garcia the New 69 just camp depth.

Hardy & Whitley both got good preseason reps last season. They will improve just getting those games in again 2 years in a row.
They looked as good as any Pass Rushers The Rams had in training camp last season.
Wondering what Joe(new) will bring to this OLB group.

Kier Thomas is 25,but worked more with Hoecht & The DL if I remember correctly.There was another Thomas as well?

Murchison (Larrell) will be new to training camp.He flashed in 2022.

Johna Williams competes.He is better inside(DT) than Copeland was. Is Talk McKinly on The Rams?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rozeboom just resigned & Jake Hummel was all everything in The preseason. Good special team guys.

Ernest Jones is only 23 & 6th youngest Ram. He will be Wearing The Green Dot from Wags. He should BULK UP & I’m sure taking that extra month to get BIGGER(weights). HE WILL B an ALL PRO level player in 2023.

Rams will ADD to The Young Defensive Group.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Coming back down to reality!!

Shelton resigning is actually IMO what The Dr. ordered.Brian Allen & Coleman Shelton having 2 seasons on there contract gives The Rams time to find A STARTING CENTER for the Future.

Sean Mcvay is staying around & The Rams are building this team The RIGHT WAY again!!

Sean Mcvay(Les Snead) structure The Rams a certain way. PISSES ME off though when VALUE & NEED don’t BREAK RULES!

Now NEED for a CENTER (backup) isn’t there in 2023 draft. Cross it Off. MENTORSHIP for a ROOKIE (The BEST ,UDRFA) is in play.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams are going to RELOAD on UDRFA’s & Late Round Draft Picks.

Looking forward to Energy Level & Competition Level Ramping Up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well - I’ve officially fallen in Love with this possibility. Sort of sucks with all The Rams needs,but to find a RB like this will be hard to come across without giving in.I did a Mock(first ever) on some site,which worked out well.
—Zach was only a “C” rating.
Cam Akers is a FA
Williams hasn’t proven himself(200lbs.)
I’ve always have been a RB guy & think with the new RB coach.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just have to add thoughts. It’s not an easy choice.I like a good running game. I always look for Top Backs.

1.IMO - this is a perfect fit & timing.
2.drafting a RB in the draft is EXCELLENT VALUE.
3.Cam Akers having less Carries & The Youngest Ram still would make him an excellent player to sign as a FA.
4.The Todd Gurley effect of 5 years is the Self Live of a NFL RB.
5. Rams need a BIGGER RB late in games &(3rd) short yard situations.

Can The Rams find a RB in 2023 draft ? Yes,but solidifying The Run Game would balance The (team)Offense.

OT & OLB/DE are must as well as CB’s. There is some nice talent. I took a shot at it in the live draft.I’m not Great at it,but I would be Very Happy with The Players available.

#36 Zach Charbonnet RB
#69 Jaelyn Duncan OT
#77 Andre Carter 111 - DE/Edge
#167Mekji Garner -Cb
#171 Daniel Scott -S
#177 Richard Gouraige
#182 Jake Moody - K
# 189 Alex Austin - cb
#191 Ali Gaye - Edge
#223 Robert Beal - Edge
#251 Cameron Young - DL

Far fetched but still shows there is a lot of nice young talent.