McVay’s future as Rams HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
That's assuming we can find a good coach. Remember how hard it was prior to McVay and the impact he had? I'd rather take the guy we know is a good coach.
That’s sounds like what Raider fans were saying when they hired Gruden the 2nd time around (Wink)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ive already forgot it....however I Will remember a great Christmas game....only time the Rams ever played on XMAS day...
What made that special for me is that it was on my best friends birthday. We lost him last December to pancreatic fucking cancer.
He was as big of a Rams psycho as I am. I am not a religious man, but I am absolutely convinced he had a hand in the Rams amazing championship run last year.

He would have been 51 on Christmas......so of course the Rams scored 51. :)

TXRams86

The Infamous
Well I can only speak for myself and I for one am only criticizing this one move if McVay bails which I'm assuming others are as well. It truly sucks that we may lose one of the best coaches we've had in forever after McVay's first crappy season and understand why there are many of us that hate that part. I'm sure if he leaves, not one person in here will not miss him as our coach. Whatever happens, I will still hold McVay in high regard but truly lose respect solely on how he left and nothing else. Talking shit to people doesn't change their opinion nor make em less of a fan of the team. People are going to feel a certain way because it is the Rams they care about the most. Sucks if it is getting to you because it shouldn't since you know where you stand on the matter. I respect your stance even if I don't agree with it. Talking shit back to you accomplishes nothing because we are both Rams fan and I know the thing we care about most is that they do well. Not trying to sound corny or nothing cuz talking shit, in a funny way, is me to a tee, but I got nothing but love for my fellow Rams fans. I for one hope McVay comes back with a vengeance and proves everyone wrong that doubts us that this past year was a fluke thanks to bad luck with the insane amount of injuries we've had.
You're arguing with a stone wall dude. This guy, while respected as a poster by many, can't see any perspective outside of his own and will defend his position tooth and nail. I'm sure he has me blocked because I didn't agree with his take on Goff and others and challenged him. You're entitled to your opinion on this as everyone else on this forum is.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

ID Ramsfan

UDFA
Name
Spencer
This team is just annoying at this point. Were literally the defending Superbowl champions but we feel like a clown show.

This team has the potential to rebound but it's looking more like we sold our soul for a magical year and its back to the basement for us.

-Stafford is a stiff breeze from retirement.
-Our wonderboy coach doesn't even want to coach.
-Our best offensive weapon is coming off surgery AGAIN.
-AD's career is almost over.
-Jalen has regressed.

I know I'm in the minority here but I don't want the Superbowl win at this cost. I would rather be contenders for a decade plus than a flash in the pan and back to the bottom.
The Ramsey regressed narrative gets a little old. He went from the number 1 rated corner last year to the number 2 rated corner this year but still had a higher PFF grade than last year.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Just hate all the drama following this team. We just need a better long term plan and find someone to lead us to the promise land if McVay won’t.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Just my personal opinion here: even if Sean takes a year or two off then returns to coaching, we have no guarantee he comes back to the Rams. If he decides he needs time away, we shouldn't hold onto hope he returns to us, no "interim" coach - we need to treat this like he's gone for good. I find it highly probable that if he returns, he's going to cherry pick from the available HC vacancies. Best case scenario is we get some draft picks from whoever wants him in this scenario.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
What made that special for me is that it was on my best friends birthday. We lost him last December to pancreatic fucking cancer.
He was as big of a Rams psycho as I am. I am not a religious man, but I am absolutely convinced he had a hand in the Rams amazing championship run last year.

He would have been 51 on Christmas......so of course the Rams scored 51. :)
God works in mysterious ways.....

My son was home from college, we used to always watch games together before he went away to school. So this game held a special meaning for me as well, its the little things we can take away from a lost season.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Just my personal opinion here: even if Sean takes a year or two off then returns to coaching, we have no guarantee he comes back to the Rams. If he decides he needs time away, we shouldn't hold onto hope he returns to us, no "interim" coach - we need to treat this like he's gone for good. I find it highly probable that if he returns, he's going to cherry pick from the available HC vacancies. Best case scenario is we get some draft picks from whoever wants him in this scenario.

Since he's under contract through 2026, I hope the Rams org will play hardball with any potential suitors that crop up before that time.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Since he's under contract through 2026, I hope the Rams org will play hardball with any potential suitors that crop up before that time.
Definitely, I'd see what the Saints get from whoever signs Payton and up the ante on that. Multiple picks shouldn't be out of the question if he comes back before he turns 40.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Even if we slip back into obscurity, at least we got our ring. It's been a fun few years thats for sure.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Also I don't know why people just think this team is done and a dumpster fire. Not like the core 5 are 37 yrs old they still have time and depending on wt AD does should be good with the right coaching.

Because of the obsession with draft picks. No one will ever mention the contributions from Jalen Ramsey and Matthew Stafford, or mention that the 2019 1st rounder was #31 and traded down, or that in 2017 the trade up for Jared Goff was worth it.

I looked back at the 2018 - 2022 drafts in the precious first round and found only one guy I would actually want from where the Rams' pick would've been, and that's Justin Jefferson. Everyone else IDGAF.

Also the problem with 2006 - 2011 was no stable ownership or competent management. 2012-2016 got better on that front so the team became at least NFL ready. Now ownership is stable, a good GM in place, and a good group of core players (that aren't suddenly gonna fall off a cliff). I'm not worried on that front.

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty
My prediction as to what will happen:
McVay is given next year off. Any coaches that don't move on will remain in house, some promoted to keep all our systems in place. Likely coach will be an interim (Raheem or Gruden) neither of which would mind handing back the reigns in 2024. Any new coaches would likely be approved by McVay (Big Whit Online coach anyone?) Brown, Henderson would be likely promotions imo.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It's classic misdirection boys.

This is a drawn-out negotiation for MORE power and control, not baby diapers.

McVay is a f'ing animal.
Doesn't read that way, sorry.

He gets what he wants with that team.. zero indication that there's any power struggle. He wanted Stafford.. boom.. they got Stafford.

He looks and sounds like a guy who's burnt out right now. We'll see if that changes.

TXRams86

The Infamous
My prediction as to what will happen:
McVay is given next year off. Any coaches that don't move on will remain in house, some promoted to keep all our systems in place. Likely coach will be an interim (Raheem or Gruden) neither of which would mind handing back the reigns in 2024. Any new coaches would likely be approved by McVay (Big Whit Online coach anyone?) Brown, Henderson would be likely promotions imo.
Genuine question on this: if this is how it were to play out, what motivation would players have to play next year for? What motivation would players have to come to LA, since we'll have a few holes to fill? For those who are set to hit free agency to stay?

That's not even addressing what we, as fans, would go to games expecting in this scenario. I sure as hell wouldn't spend any money on a "place holder season" while McVay lives it up away from the team.

This just doesn't seem logical to me.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That is what you chose to focus on in that post.

Which is just damn weird.
I don't understand why responding to your comparison of McVay to Switzer would be weird in any way.

It's a forum.. you posted a take, I reacted to that take.. it's, literally, what happens here.

Status
Not open for further replies.