McVay’s future as Rams HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This team is just annoying at this point. Were literally the defending Superbowl champions but we feel like a clown show.

This team has the potential to rebound but it's looking more like we sold our soul for a magical year and its back to the basement for us.

-Stafford is a stiff breeze from retirement.
-Our wonderboy coach doesn't even want to coach.
-Our best offensive weapon is coming off surgery AGAIN.
-AD's career is almost over.
-Jalen has regressed.

I know I'm in the minority here but I don't want the Superbowl win at this cost. I would rather be contenders for a decade plus than a flash in the pan and back to the bottom.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Well, we’re in for an interesting off season, that’s for sure.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’d rather suck for a few years and rebuild than have asshole face as the Rams coach. But sometimes I can be a very bitter old man

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hue Jackson Interim Head Coach
Rams go 1-16, get Caleb Williams and McVay claims to be completely refreshed and back to the grind in 2024

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d rather suck for a few years and rebuild than have asshole face as the Rams coach. But sometimes I can be a very bitter old man
That's assuming we can find a good coach. Remember how hard it was prior to McVay and the impact he had? I'd rather take the guy we know is a good coach.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Vermeil left with the team at the top of the mountain in great shape, ready to contend for years. Didn't need to be retooled or rebuilt. I always felt he might have been pushed out the door a little.

I was referring to his tenure with the Eagles.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
This team is just annoying at this point. Were literally the defending Superbowl champions but we feel like a clown show.

This team has the potential to rebound but it's looking more like we sold our soul for a magical year and its back to the basement for us.

-Jalen has regressed.

I know I'm in the minority here but I don't want the Superbowl win at this cost. I would rather be contenders for a decade plus than a flash in the pan and back to the bottom.

Have you been a fan for the last 20 years at least? Being competitive isn’t a given at all. It’s actually quite the opposite and for about 15 years before McVay got here it was our reality. The team was a joke.

Now after 6 years under McVay with just 1 single bad season and fresh off a Super Bowl winning season people are already regretting what it took to get there? Lol come on people have some perspective here. If you have the shot to win a ring you do what it takes simple as that. May never have another chance.

Love the ride that was last season and I will never forget it as a fan. Wouldn’t change a thing even if we suck for the next 5 years.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I agree with your statement. However, he signed a contract to perform. And now he's just threatening to back out? Why would he agree to a contract and now say, "Nah fam, I don't think I'm going to perform."

He's honestly burnt out. Just give him a few weeks off to spend time with his family and return refreshed.

I don't think when he signed though he knew anything other than football. Being a husband is hard enough aspiring to be a dad is hard enough but those things I think he thought he could handle or work around like everyone else with a life and a career ......

However he wasn't counting on this type of season but comes with the job ....his grandfather dying and probably not grieving him the way he should of because he is insanely obsessed and controlling possibly. Then he certainly wasn't prepared to have a Ukrainian war in his living room and probably a wife who needs him even more because everyday she is in fear .........

Having said all that again I believe in code in that presser the issue lies with him he is to invested to obsessed to all in I think this may go beyond burnout if he continues or continues he may go from burnout to breakdown . ...he isn't good to anyone if he is obsessed and then it spills so he knew he was obsessed prior to signing yes but then when life happens as it did for him it doesn't mix.

It's like having a gambling issue and expecting it not to effect those around you that's how I see it.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler

-Jalen has regressed.

Your nuts. First of all who said we are going to be bottom feeders again? They said that after our super bowl loss in 18 and we rebounded quite nicely.

2nd place is the first loser. Ill take a SB championship ANY DAY of the week if it means we had to sit thru a 5-11 season. We will be back next year, mark my words. The injuries we had, even the 85 Bears wouldn't have been able to overcome.

Lets not overract.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, I'm not trading that ring for nuthin. That was an incredible run that I will remember forever. I will forget this crappy season in 5 minutes....

socalrams90

Starter

-Jalen has regressed.

This has to be a troll post. Basically spewing all of the rams trash talk from Twitter here lol.

Go ask a Lions, Vikings, chargers, fan, what they would prefer.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I'm not sure why you'd react that way.

You compared his NFL success to Barry Switzer. That, in fact, is deconstructing his success.
That is what you chose to focus on in that post.

Which is just damn weird.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I'm not trading that ring for nuthin. That was an incredible run that I will remember forever. I will forget this crappy season in 5 minutes....
Ive already forgot it....however I Will remember a great Christmas game....only time the Rams ever played on XMAS day...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hue Jackson Interim Head Coach
Rams go 1-16, get Caleb Williams and McVay claims to be completely refreshed and back to the grind in 2024
That's actually one hell of a plan...Good opportunity for my wife & I take our trip to Europe looking forward to the spring of 2024.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
This comments are pretty cool heartwarming and my view is there is something more personal going on and more stuff closer to home that doesn't mix well with his inability to draw a line between life and football.
He is a class act this decision alone has to be killing him. If it's a matter of just him and taking a step back delegating and finding balance then I believe he comes back if he believes he can if not and it's more of an internal family private thing that makes him an ugly person around his loved ones and very absentee then no he will re-evaluate and take off.

I will say I love the guy tremendously but I'm a firm believer in stability a place holder coach for a yr is a big no for me. It's not fair to the players the new coach and the fans. Especially if Stafford and AD comeback I don't want to waste or possibly waste a year because of this. In or out and if the job is open in 3 yes or 5 and you want to comeback that's fine but no on the yr off thing as a fan. And that pains me to say.

Also I don't know why people just think this team is done and a dumpster fire. Not like the core 5 are 37 yrs old they still have time and depending on wt AD does should be good with the right coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.