McVay’s future as Rams HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
If you're not happy, go find your happiness, McVay. Screw the entitled people who think otherwise.
McVay signed a contract to perform services for payment. McVay comes from a great football legacy. Not every person does. He's had trust fund money from his grandfather as well as his football acumen

He's also making millions upon millions to be paid and do a great job at what he does. Meanwhile, the majority of Americans do great work, but make ends meet from paycheck to paycheck. Some can't even make ends meet with the paycheck.

I'm curious as to what your definition of entitled is as this appears to not meet your criteria. Many board members would readily accept this lifestyle and to be born into the opportunities of the McVay family.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Man, some of ya'll must need a ladder to get up on your high horses. How about you let people have their opinion on the matter without attacking them for being "petulant". Sheesh....it's a fan forum. These are fans of the RAMS and this situation affects the RAMS in a huge way. It's fine by me if people are upset over the way this is being handled. It's not like anyone is calling for us to TP McVay's house or anything......

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he's getting burnout after 6 years, then maybe head coaching is not for him. It sucks, but if you can have 60+ yr old coaches do this job year in and year out, you either don't know how to juggle personal and business life or its just not for you.
It’s possible that his inexperience and youth didn’t properly ready McVay to deal with how to pace himself. It happens to lots of folks in their 30’s. He truly gave us everything he thought he could, not realizing he needed to rest more. Same thing happened to me. You think you can do it all on no sleep. It usually doesn’t end well.

This thread isn’t about me, but I personally burned out for about 2 years before I could go back into advertising as a creative director to feel the joy required to be great creatively again. I think McVay has temporarily lost his creative offensive scheming edge due to the insane workload and issues at home. It happens.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gruden makes so much sense. He helps Sean out in taking the OC duties to include playcalling. Which is fitting given him trusting Sean to call plays early in his career. The guy is a quality OC. We'll have a good pass game and maybe Sean can share that burden he's been toting around by himself.

Tano

Legend
Man, some of ya'll must need a ladder to get up on your high horses. How about you let people have their opinion on the matter without attacking them for being "petulant". Sheesh....it's a fan forum. These are fans of the RAMS and this situation affects the RAMS in a huge way. It's fine by me if people are upset over the way this is being handled. It's not like anyone is calling for us to TP McVay's house or anything......
house party GIF by The Meredith Vieira Show

Ellard80

Legend
I've always defended McVay because I think he is a savant when it comes to football. As a human being and overall guy? The players seem to like him - so he seems legit. But quitting at 36 after your first losing season. No matter what the truth may be - it doesn't look good. Ultimately, I care about the success of this football franchise that I've followed for 35 years or so. People come and go but being competitive is what I care about. What he is doing doesn't help that and so sorry if I don't feel like giving him a hug.

This franchise has been a joke more than not the past 30 years - we finally get a coach who can give us a long stretch of relevance and now he has had enough at 36?

Sorry fuck that. This franchise has been through a lot of failure and this is just another kick in the nuts if he leaves.

Can't sugarcoat it for myself.

Last edited:

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay signed a contract to perform services for payment. McVay comes from a great football legacy. Not every person does. He's had trust fund money from his grandfather as well as his football acumen

He's also making millions upon millions to be paid and do a great job at what he does. Meanwhile, the majority of Americans do great work, but make ends meet from paycheck to paycheck. Some can't even make ends meet with the paycheck.

I'm curious as to what your definition of entitled is as this appears to not meet your criteria. Many board members would readily accept this lifestyle and to be born into the opportunities of the McVay family.
It’s easy to think that McVay has all the luck. That he should be super happy. Trust me, the pressure on McVay to succeed are/were enormous. He had to live up to those expectations or be deemed a failure. Only those who come from money or similar situations will likely be sympathetic. You gotta walk in his shoes to understand.

We all deal with issues, rich or poor. You can be far less well off financially and far happier where the stakes are much lower. It’s the simple things in life that truly make folks happy.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I don't know if I would want to give up a pick for Asshole Face. If it was just money exchanged between franchises I'd be ok with that.

I absolutely would. Alternative is some dipshit coordinator who is unlikely to work out. Most of these guys don't. We simply hit on a diamond.
Merlin,
You've absolutely nailed it here. Many people forget just how highly rated Scott Linehan and Steve Spagnuolo were before we hired them.
They failed because the gap between being a good coordinator and a good HC is much larger than it appears.
Also, many are forgetting that Vic Fangio has publicly said that he is going to be Asshole Face's DC wherever he lands.
That's right folks, they are a package deal which is totally worth a first round pick, imo.

~ArkyRamsFan~

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Thousands upon thousands of kids are born into better situations than McVay. I mean his grandfather was a somebody in the NFL. Big deal. Are the other McVay grandkids coaching in the NFL? Why wasn't Sean's dad in the NFL?

Is Elway's, Montana'sor Marino's kids coaching in the NFL?

I look at it this way. Being here in Philly and seeing it first hand, McVay is a carbon copy of Vermeil. Watch those NFL Films stories on Vermeil and his "burnout". McVay seems identical. The guy probably never turns football off and it likely is a huge challenge & strain on his personal life and relationships.

I get that. I would hope he can structure his job responsibilities and tweak his outlook on life so it reduces those strains, but it seems like he feels the need to step away in order to figure out how to do that or change his perspective on football and life in general.

It will be disappointing if it goes that route, but I get it.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
If he's getting burnout after 6 years, then maybe head coaching is not for him. It sucks, but if you can have 60+ yr old coaches do this job year in and year out, you either don't know how to juggle personal and business life or its just not for you.
This is a strong possibility at this point. Not all jobs are for everyone. Sean needs to be honest with himself and really ask himself if he's cut out for this type of position.

~ArkyRamsFan~

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I can't get link right now but Grinch face a serious chance of being Arizona coach lolol

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Asshole Face to the Cards would figure. This division man.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Harbaugh would be acceptable yeah.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What about ole “Crazy Jim” Harbaugh? He might be interested in beating the 9ers.
His RB is coming back for his Senior Year. At what point do coaches have any integrity left ?

Sean Mcvay ? I guess he said one thing just to finish strong. Reading the article about how he was feeling before 2022 season helps us to document what his thoughts were & how much a season takes out of him.

IMO the media really doesn’t help things,because he try’s to give them respect. As soon as they get there chance the jump all over him like a pack of wolves. Really ruthless.
—I respect Jordan a lot for how professional she is with the question she asks.
I do think The Harbaughs themselves are solid coaches who get respect from there players.That Kap thing wasn’t really on his watch & that speaks volumes to how he knows where his next step will be. The Colts have meaning to him as far as where he came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.