McVay’s future as Rams HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Many on here will hate this, but sounds like he's done IMO. That means asshole face is our best option, with DeMeco Ryans behind at #2.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
After watching his presser today I’ve edited the thread title because he stated clearly that he has a decision to make regarding his future here.

Let’s keep all of that discussion, speculation, opinions, rumors and predictions right here plz.
Thanks.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
The fact that he has to weigh things to make a decision, means no decision has been made. Only that he may lean one way or another. But if he ain't in it then he should leave. Not sure he could convince a group of players to follow him in the future if he bails.
And this would be bailing and abandoning ship instead of righting the course.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If he does leave and they want to hold as tight to course as possible.. Morris is the obvious guy. Try like hell to bring Eviro in as DC.. probably keep Coen? You'd keep all the terminology on both sides of the ball and have a consistent overall program.

If he does leave and they decide it's time to do a reboot? No idea who that could end up being.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
His presser gives me the indication that he has a foot out the door.

Time to call DeMeco Ryans and ask who he could hire at OC. Nathaniel Hackett isnt going to cut it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If McVay does in fact leave, I have little hope of our winning another Super Bowl in my lifetime. We captured lightning in a bottle with him and that doesn't happen very often.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Based on his press conference, I think he's done. He's obviously thought this out pretty hard. So I'll prepare for the worst and hope for the best. But if he does decide to go, I personally wouldn't let him just take a break. If he leaves, he's done. It just doesn't look good with the timing of how our roster looks, low cap space and no first rounds. Hard to trust if he came back that he would stick around if the going got tough again.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Many on here will hate this, but sounds like he's done IMO. That means asshole face is our best option, with DeMeco Ryans behind at #2.

I don't know if I would want to give up a pick for Asshole Face. If it was just money exchanged between franchises I'd be ok with that.

I don't know enough about Ryans to say yay or nay, but he's definitely built a great D in SF, and I do find the idea of stealing from our most hated rival to be quite appealing.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
probably an unpopular opinion, but i hope mcvay leaves if this is how its gonna be. i dont see uncertainty after every season being good for the team long term. rather just rip of the bandaid and move on rather than do this whole routine every offseason. and if he is gone, wish it woulda just been last year so we coulda at least kept KOC, instead we lost all our promising offensive head coaching candidates

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
98113B83-06D4-4774-88EB-5F849ACC7C63.jpeg

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’m happy we won a super bowl but saying all the other things don’t matter irks the shit out of me. EVERY coach hired is there to win the super bowl.

Cutting him slack because he did what he is supposed to do??

All the other life things that literally every human has to go through, he gets a pass?? Fuck that.

He has a job and is paid handsomely to do it. He got nearly everything he asked for from this organization. If he walks away he is screwing with the players, he wanted and contracts he was a part of.

Having said all that, I hope he figures out he has things pretty damn good and he owes it to a hell of a lot of people to get his shit together and commit to his contract, the organization, players and fans.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If McVay does in fact leave, I have little hope of our winning another Super Bowl in my lifetime. We captured lightning in a bottle with him and that doesn't happen very often.

Coaches much less talented than McVay have won Super Bowls. I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I was reading on another site one idiot Packer fan saying McVay was going to get fired because of the down year and the kicker was the game vs the Chargers was flexed out of SNF last week. You can't make shit like that guys spewing up.

What does that packer fan say about being swept by the Lions, and that last game keeping them out of the playoffs?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well, honestly, him stepping away right now - I would say it diminishes his legacy a lot. It's not a good look, regardless.

I do hope he gets some rest and finds some balance but I probably won't be a "fan". I've always found him a little, I dunno, "LA-fake?" and between that and feeling abandoned, I probably wouldn't enjoy seeing him as a commentator.

I'll always appreciate the return to relevance and the SB victory and if he's just being a drama queen and can commit to sticking around through his contract, and be as invested as necessary to avoid seasons like this - of course I would be happy. But I don't want a coach that is even slightly unsure of where he wants to be.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I just can't imagine McVay wanting to leave now. He seems too driven to walk away after his only losing season, and with some top caliber talent still on the roster with a super bowl window still open.

If he does happen to walk, I can't see Raheem being the head man.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, honestly, him stepping away right now - I would say it diminishes his legacy a lot. It's not a good look, regardless.

I do hope he gets some rest and finds some balance but I probably won't be a "fan". I've always found him a little, I dunno, "LA-fake?" and between that and feeling abandoned, I probably wouldn't enjoy seeing him as a commentator.

I'll always appreciate the return to relevance and the SB victory and if he's just being a drama queen and can commit to sticking around through his contract, and be as invested as necessary to avoid seasons like this - of course I would be happy. But I don't want a coach that is even slightly unsure of where he wants to be.

Then I guess what your asking for as far as Sean Mcvay goes,is a HC who is ALL IN!! There has been a lot of things that have chain his LIFE. He needs to evaluate that & make sure that he is ALL IN.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good for you as you have every right to have your opinion, but I still disagree in saying we're full of shit. Sad part is I'm not even hitting at you that way saying your full of shit, but respectfully saying I don't see it your way. Just disagree and move on, no need to talk shit to people who aren't seeing eye to eye with you. From your other posts, you seem like a cool person so I'll simply take it as a sensitive topic for you.
I call them as I see them. I don't appreciate the people talking trash about the coach who took this franchise out of the shitter and led it to the promise land. I will talk shit to them because they deserve it.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At this point, I'm almost ready for him to move on so that the Rams can move on as well and get a replacement. I don't like this being dragged out.

And while I'm extremely thankful for what he's done - particularly winning the Super Bowl - him leaving now (which I think is the more likely outcome), after a losing season, is really going to leave a bad taste in my mouth and view him in a much less charitable light. It's like the guy has trouble with adversity, and more particularly, adapting and overcoming. When it was Goff struggling, instead of dealing with it in a constructive way and getting him over the hump, he ruined him and was bailed out of that situation when a better QB in Stafford became available. And now, with an injury-plagued losing season under his belt, he again is looking like he wants to bail out of the situation instead of trying to adapt and overcome.

My take may be harsh, but I think it's fair.
Sean comes across as a perfectionist and an idealist…a very difficult combination. Belechek on the other hand comes across as a perfectionist and a realist. If Sean in any way felt betrayed by the FO because of personnel decisions, or got called out in the locker room by any of the players(Akers)…then his idealism may have been shattered…absolute pure speculation on my part…whatever happened in that RB room caused major upheaval this season…the question is…what happened, and how did it affect the coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.