McVay’s future as Rams HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I mentioned all of this yesterday but I will say it again.

-He had a short off season one big party from chip to marriage

-got married had 12 minutes to really enjoy it

- unprecedented injury technically causing us to not really defen our title properly.

- he is young he and his wife want kids

- whirlwind season took toll then loses grandfather has 3 minutes to morn him so that was difficult painful etc. Never probably got to grieve.

- Ukrainian war while just news for most of us it's actually affecting his family wife in-laws etc. Directly hard to comfort or be there for your new bride when her family in danger and your across the country or immersed in football and injuries etc.

Out of all those I think the one that is causing most conflict is the wife/kid situation.

Mcvay is not a half in half out type it's full speed or nothing being a husband and coaching is probably already hard for him but to be a prospective dad he doesn't seem to know how to balance that with football and then also comfort and be there for his wife family etc.

There is a lot going on there.

This is one of those times where it's like everyone is right because there are so many angles on this topic. I actually don't know how to feel as a fan I'm annoyed selfishly and like stop holding us hostage every season and don't do Campbells commercials if your so spread thin but the human part ofe wins out and I look at that list and the wife kids Ukrainian war she hurting/crying probably daily and add my grandpa who I idolised and open up doors for me dies. I have to support whatever he decides even if that little evil part thinks that the human part has to win out RT???

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Because he earned a pay raise by winning the Super Bowl. We signed him to the pay raise knowing he was considering stepping away. All the extension does is set out the terms of his deal IF he continues coaching. I stand by what I said. Anybody talking trash about McVay right now is full of shit.
Good for you as you have every right to have your opinion, but I still disagree in saying we're full of shit. Sad part is I'm not even hitting at you that way saying your full of shit, but respectfully saying I don't see it your way. Just disagree and move on, no need to talk shit to people who aren't seeing eye to eye with you. From your other posts, you seem like a cool person so I'll simply take it as a sensitive topic for you.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

- unprecedented injury technically causing us to not really defen our title properly.

- whirlwind season took toll then loses grandfather has 3 minutes to morn him so that was difficult painful etc. Never probably got to grieve.

- Ukrainian war while just news for most of us it's actually affecting his family wife in-laws etc. Directly hard to comfort or be there for your new bride when her family in danger and your across the country or immersed in football and injuries etc.

Out of all those I think the one that is causing most conflict is the wife/kid situation.

Mcvay is not a half in half out type it's full speed or nothing being a husband and coaching is probably already hard for him but to be a prospective dad he doesn't seem to know how to balance that with football and then also comfort and be there for his wife family etc.

This is one of those times where it's like everyone is right because there are so many angles on this topic. I actually don't know how to feel as a fan I'm annoyed selfishly and like stop holding us hostage every season and don't do Campbells commercials if your so spread thin but the human part ofe wins out and I look at that list and the wife kids Ukrainian war she hurting/crying probably daily and add my grandpa who I idolised and open up doors for me dies. I have to support whatever he decides even if that little evil part thinks that the human part has to win out RT???
Very sensible post, but for me, life in general has adversity for everyone. McVay has a ton of time to live the family life even if he decided to simply fulfill 1 more year or even his full contract. This was literally his first crappy season and his response to run from adversity doesn't sit right with me, but that's just my opinion.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
McVay looks, sounds and even his body language demonstrates burn out. I'd give him two options:

1. Go to Cabo with your supermodel wife. Spend time with your family and come back refreshed. Heck you can even take a week off between OTAs and training camp.

2. You can sit on the couch next to my and anyone else's mother in law and watch NFL games in the 2023 season. McVay will be back
by week 3.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
McVay looks, sounds and even his body language demonstrates burn out. I'd give him two options:

1. Go to Cabo with your supermodel wife. Spend time with your family and come back refreshed. Heck you can even take a week off between OTAs and training camp.

2. You can sit on the couch next to my and anyone else's mother in law and watch NFL games in the 2023 season. McVay will be back by week 3..
I like how you think lol

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Yeah I'm starting to get pissed at the people shitting on the guy.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Very sensible post, but for me, life in general has adversity for everyone. McVay has a ton of time to live the family life even if he decided to simply fulfill 1 more year or even his full contract. This was literally his first crappy season and his response to run from adversity doesn't sit right with me, but that's just my opinion.
Like I said everyone is right almost here cause the points are so varying.

That said also it's hard to compare .....say that was my life minus the football that's a lot for anyone but add the football when football consumes you and your letting it consume you which is on him I think he may be to controlling and needs to delegate better it's a lot. How can you comfort your wife grieve your grandfather plan on kids the guys like where the eff will all this time come from let alone again the wife needing him because of this war is not an everyday souse thing and leading men probably having to hear their problems while he can't tend to his own. We will see but like I said this is one of those situations that everyone is right more or less it's not like a trade who got the best of it or a free agent etc. There are a ton of variables here some that we may not even be privy too. When he signed that contract he couldn't of anticipated his family or wife's family being in mortal danger daily either and gramps and everything else.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That doesn't sound like a person who is staying, IMO.

I mean, listening to that, do you really see him saying "Hey its all good I'm coming back". Wooo!"?

Something is up.
It sounds like he wants to break up with us and see other teams.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yeah I'm starting to get pissed at the people shitting on the guy.

I also was annoyed at first but human element here takes precedence over fandom but my initial wave of emotion was like wtf quitter why take the money how can you give up on AD and company your break promise etc.....but then thinking it through I put all that together and it's a lot honestly it's a ton.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Like I said everyone is right almost here cause the points are so varying.

That said also it's hard to compare .....say that was my life minus the football that's a lot for anyone but add the football when football consumes you and your letting it consume you which is on him I think he may be to controlling and needs to delegate better it's a lot. How can you comfort your wife grieve your grandfather plan on kids the guys like where the eff will all this time come from let alone again the wife needing him because of this war is not an everyday souse thing and leading men probably having to hear their problems while he can't tend to his own. We will see but like I said this is one of those situations that everyone is right more or less it's not like a trade who got the best of it or a free agent etc. There are a ton of variables here some that we may not even be privy too. When he signed that contract he couldn't of anticipated his family or wife's family being in mortal danger daily either and gramps and everything else.
Even though I think he should at least come back for one more year, I appreciate the response that you have given since I agree with you that there could be layers that we don't even know about. However, I keep coming back to you signed the contract extension so don't bail when to going gets tough. Ultimately, I know it really doesn't matter what any of us says on this forum lol, so we'll see what really happens in the next few days

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdPjanJBHno

Here is his presser today... make of it what you will.

Ok, ok, McVay has a totally f'dup work-life balance. He seemed to drop in "balance" several times there. Dude needs to find balance - for those in the life encompassing, high stress professions, you get it. For some reason I'm reminded of a scene where James Hetfield came back from therapy and used rigid timelines of when he would work and when he would not work.

Probably a good time to re-bring up the Seth Wickersham article:

Veronika asked Sean, "What would you do if you were on one of those teams that wasn't winning and you might get fired?"

"Well, that just wouldn't f---ing happen," he replied. "Why would you ever think that way?"
And McVay entered the 2019 season hellbent on proving that he could take the final step as a coach. If he came off as an a--hole in the building -- if he was an a--hole -- so be it.
After losses, Veronika would drive Sean and his parents home, his mood so dark it became atmospheric. "Worrisome for a parent," Cindy says. Veronika would mostly be silent. "I never know how he's going to be, because sometimes he's upset after a win," she says. "He likes us to be around but not ask too many questions." Cindy would ask them anyway, diving into the game's critical plays. Tim would try to offer perspective -- that the Rams were winning, on their way to the playoffs again ...

"I don't want to f---ing hear it right now, Dad. I don't want to hear any pep talks."
Tim knew his son well and felt that Sean was losing his way. Then, sometime in the middle of the night, the McVays would hear Sean tiptoeing to his home office, too sick to sleep.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Even though I think he should at least come back for one more year, I appreciate the response that you have given since I agree with you that there could be layers that we don't even know about. However, I keep coming back to you signed the contract extension so don't bail when to going gets tough. Ultimately, I know it really doesn't matter what any of us says on this forum lol, so we'll see what really happens in the next few days
Well that's what the forum is here for bro and it does matter cause a lot of us have shit to get off our chest at times facts opinions disagreements but it all matters here I think.

Maybe dude if I had to answer your question which was one of my initial angry instincts that I mentioned above is the Ukrainian War wasn't a thing and for him it hits right into his home it's not just news. That could be a huge part.

Now that said if you put your fandom aside maybe anger and look at how he is wired and what he has done for this organisation at anytime did you ever see in his character or how he conducts himself a quitter a sore loser????

Many of us actually wanted more from him like anger emotion but negative emotions lolol like blame the refs or fuck coach whoever and yea screw shanny but he always calm cool collective which also could be part of the problem. He may really need to delegate and let your emotions out all of them good and bad you don't need to be an angel all the time.

That could help him deal more maybe. His first call should be to Belicheat who is calm but never holds back and reach out to a Greg Pop same type. You can see how football alone has aged him especially this year with everything from ball to life. He needs to figure out how to find balance. So we will have to wait and see. I hear you though.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well that's what the forum is here for bro and it does matter cause a lot of us have shit to get off our chest at times facts opinions disagreements but it all matters here I think.

Maybe dude if I had to answer your question which was one of my initial angry instincts that I mentioned above is the Ukrainian War wasn't a thing and for him it hits right into his home it's not just news. That could be a huge part.

Now that said if you put your fandom aside maybe anger and look at how he is wired and what he has done for this organisation at anytime did you ever see in his character or how he conducts himself a quitter a sore loser????

Many of us actually wanted more from him like anger emotion but negative emotions lolol like blame the refs or fuck coach whoever and yea screw shanny but he always calm cool collective which also could be part of the problem. He may really need to delegate and let your emotions out all of them good and bad you don't need to be an angel all the time.

That could help him deal more maybe. His first call should be to Belicheat who is calm but never holds back and reach out to a Greg Pop same type. You can see how football alone has aged him especially this year with everything from ball to life. He needs to figure out how to find balance. So we will have to wait and see. I hear you though.
Sorry I didn't clarify but when I said it didn't matter, I was really referring to whatever McVay decides to do so my bad for not better clarifying that part. I definitely think he should definitely reach out to old timers in his profession (if he hasn't done so already) to maybe see how they deal or delegate things since it obviously is wearing on him in terms of coaching. Maybe he needs a couple of Mai Tai's or whatever lol..... either way, I appreciate your input as I'm always interested to see what others think regardless of whether or not we are on the same page. There are definitely times where I go, hmm, didn't think about that lol. I at least say run it back one more year and I'd look at him leaving much more differently in this scenario since it shows he won't settle for going out on a really bad and unlucky year. Thanks again for the awesome response.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I didn't read any of this thread, to depressing, so if someone else has stated this, my apologies. If McVay does retire, how much you want to bet we get Morris as the head coach.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It sounds like he wants to break up with us and see other teams
Why would he want to return to the Rams? The team is devoid of upper tier young talent, the vets are coming off injuries, past prime and talking retirement and the credit card is maxed out.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Why would he want to return to the Rams? The team is devoid of upper tier young talent, the vets are coming off injuries, past prime and talking retirement and the credit card is maxed out.
Well.. good luck to him if that's his goal.
He's locked up and the Rams won't let him go to another team for at least two first rounders.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He green lighted all the moves. The Rams are in this position because of him. Now he wants to bail?

Although he really seemed to be out of ideas when he had the full arsenal of players to work with at the beginning of the season. Maybe it's for the best he steps down.

I mean the Rams will probably suck again but if it's more of the same of this season what does it matter.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think that a lot of the negative speculation about McVay would be based on a reality where he's not a sincere person.

And I just don't think that holds any water, at all.

He's sincere to a fault and wears his emotions quite clearly.. that's why it's easy to make fun of the fact that he has absolutely no poker face.
He likes to talk, he likes to be open with people.. he seems quite clearly to be trying to work things out in real time.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
My Vote for the Most Positive Post of the Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.