Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

this is some good news to wake up to in the morning. it will at least be good news for one year. not sure how peters will react to playing in his contract year without a new deal.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yep. I like the trade, but I was looking forward to counting down to the Rams pick. I'll just have to remind myself who they already landed.

When the Chiefs are picking we all just need to mute the tv and say out loud. "With the 23rd pick the Rams select Marcus Peter." And when the Bills pick say "The Rams select Sammy Watkins".... hopefully he's still on the team lol.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some specula-fun!

1) Rams already have a preliminary board for the draft aside from medical checks and personal workouts.
2) They prob have a good idea of CB prospects and their talent... and also where they may fall.
3) Rams probably also have an idea of what will most likely happen with their FAs already.
4) 50/50 there's a (potential) compensation draft pick thrown in from next year because we're gonna lose Trujo. IE, our third rounder next year or a third round compensation pick next year if we have one.

What's really interesting is that the Rams don't have that much wrapped up in CB in terms of cost. So if they can go get a guy like Talib under a deal that isn't too costly but more importantly is frontloaded over the first couple years they still have a relatively affordable defensive backfield. Not to mention by the time Peters is up for FA they will be able to sign him and have that cost vs talent side of things handled pretty well.

I just hope he meshes well with our locker room. That's gonna be a key in all this.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Last year McVay brings in Whitworth to turn around our OL.

We knew that this year would be Wade's turn, and Peters will ...

Psycho_X

Legend

This needs to be requoted so people see to help kill the discussions of whether he'll be a cap casualty.... Robert Quinn isn't going anywhere. If he stays at the level he did the last quarter of the season next year.... our defense is going to be scary. Add another CB... maybe Talib? Sign Joyner. Maybe upgrade other OLB'er spot.... holy shit this defense could be scary.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ripping him away from the Whiners makes it feel a little more worth it too.

Effin 9ers man. Yeah I am very happy that dude isn't prowling their secondary holy F.

jap

Legend
Well, this is the kind of thing I was hoping for . . . a secondary that can actually challenge our WR corps and dramatically improve each other. Can you imagine Sammy (assuming he stays) & Marcus trying to get the best of each other in training camp?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just realized how likely it is that TruJo ends up with the Niners.

I'm fine with that. Let them pay him CB1 money I could care less. Rams will torch his overpaid @$$.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So we should have all the cap we need to re-sign Joyner, Watkins, NRC extend AD and