Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Some specula-fun!

1) Rams already have a preliminary board for the draft aside from medical checks and personal workouts.
2) They prob have a good idea of CB prospects and their talent... and also where they may fall.
3) Rams probably also have an idea of what will most likely happen with their FAs already.
4) 50/50 there's a (potential) compensation draft pick thrown in from next year because we're gonna lose Trujo. IE, our third rounder next year or a third round compensation pick next year if we have one.

…..

Legend
Peters apparently REALLY burned his bridges with the Chiefs.

Maybe the pick costs might not be all that high?

Hope McVay/Wade can handle this hothead. Gulp...

Lets reserve judgement for now.....

Each locker room in the NFL is its own entity, has its own personality. He may be an entirely different person here, or maybe even the same person but in the right place.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Insane stud at DT and one of top corners on backside.

Get a pass rushing stub at OLB and a cheap run stuffing ILB, that'll work

fearsomefour

Legend
Love it.
I was afraid to let Tru go....still really like him as a player. I was afraid to let him go because the Rams had no one to replace him. Problem solved.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Tangentially related: it's BS that these trades need to wait till the 14th. The trade window should be opened up.

Psycho_X

Legend
Love it, Snead zeroes on players and he gets them. I'll give him that. This will be a huge playmaker in Wade Phillips defense. HUGE. And as stated, gives us a lot more room to figure out Joyner, Watkins, Donald, etc.

WestCoastRam

Legend
As good as Joyner is - if Peters head is on straight - he's infinitely a greater impact player to our defense and becomes second to AD as the most dangerous piece of our D.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The window for a Superbowl run is a small one, and looks like Snead/McVay going for it
train

I brought this up an another thread. If the Rams really feel that they are as close as we think they are to the big game, then they may think Peters would be worth the risk. He is the best corner in football. If they can get him to buy in like Sammy seemed to then they are that much closer. He is worth a first if they can sign him or he helps them to win a Super bowl. The Patriots did the same with guys like Moss on short term rentals. Other teams that are close have done the same. The GSOT with Kyle Gurley for instance.

I guess they think they are really that close.

That's definitely a possibility but I think the most likely explanation is that the Rams don't want to trade Quinn. And if they're giving up a package of picks, we ain't finding a pass rush elsewhere this offseason so we definitely can't afford to trade him.

I said in someone's mock that unless the Rams land one of the top three DEs, I don't think that Quinn's production can be easily replaced. Maybe they can develop a player but that doesn't help them next year. No mid round DE is likely to do as good as Quinn even in his current subpar Quinn form. If they traded for a proven guy then sure, but DEs like that aren't cheap. Maybe they could sign one, but again not cheap. Keep Quinn until there is insurance that makes him expendable.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Some rando chief's "insider" on Twitter is saying it's our 1st this year and 5th rounder (no word on when 5th rounder is).

Psycho_X

Legend
Some rando chief's "insider" on Twitter is saying it's our 1st this year and 5th rounder (no word on when 5th rounder is).

I'm ok with the first but hope we get a 6th back or something for that 5th. I also hope Snead is able to work out a trade for some more picks along the way because it's going to hurt not having a pick until the third round. Especially if Watkins leaves. But still worth it I think to make this move.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm ok with the first but hope we get a 6th back or something for that 5th. I also hope Snead is able to work out a trade for some more picks along the way because it's going to hurt not having a pick until the third round. Especially if Watkins leaves. But still worth it I think to make this move.

I mean, if that above info is accurate, we won't really be players at all in this years draft and will mostly be drafting for depth. However, we will have more flexibility with FA this year. Peters is arguably cheaper than any FA CB we would have signed this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member