Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Imagine Peters and Talib at CB for 2018. That would take some serious personality wrangling on Phillips' part.

My stomach literally did a flip-flop reading that.

That would be insanely good.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting. If the Rams wouldn't include Quinn in the deal, that kind of rules out the idea some people have had about the Rams cutting him for salary cap space.
Or the Rams are interested in trading him but KC didn’t want him in return

Edit- I read it wrong and you could be right. Looks like KC did ask for him and the Rams said no

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Excited about this but reserve the right to bang my keyboard if I think the package of picks is ridiculous.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Holy fuck! What a great trade! I haven’t been this excited since the Sammy Watkins deal. Grab Talib in free agency and our secondary will be unreal.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Interesting. If the Rams wouldn't include Quinn in the deal, that kind of rules out the idea some people have had about the Rams cutting him for salary cap space.

Yes it is an indicator that they will either keep him or trade him in another move to recoup draft capital.

He actually reminds me a bit of Janoris. Risk taker with shutdown ability and some questionable tackling.

That said, the guy is extremely talented, no question about it.

Would love to have him depending on price.

He is night and day from Janoris. Elite skills. Jackrabbit is a second tier CB at best.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Did you not watch or read about this season?
- Went after Sutton during a game, pulled away by Houston
- Attacked another coach on the bus/plane
- Throwing the flag and walking off the field essentially QUITTING during a game

THIS is just what we know. You don’t think there’s a lot we don’t see or hear? It all adds up. Players/coaches don’t want to babysit him.

Just pulled this off some comments from a chiefs fan. supposedly Peters pulled all this crap this year.
He was probably unhappy, now he's going back home to Cali. I' sure wade and Mcvay will keep him focused. Watkins was a problem in buffalo, didn' hear anything from him once he joined the rams .

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Or the Rams are interested in trading him but KC didn’t want him in return
According to Rapoport, it was the Chiefs who pushed for Quinn. It is possible the Rams think someone else would pay more than what they perceived KC was valuing him as in the deal.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Guess Quinn ia staying. If they didnt think so they'd of made an appropriate draft pick to go with him.

Hopefully a 3rd and 5th ala faulk but if it was even just the 1st that would be ok with me. I figured the rams first pick woild be a CB and this is probably better than who would be available at 23.

WestCoastRam

Legend
According to Rapoport, it was the Chiefs who pushed for Quinn. It is possible the Rams think someone else would pay more than what they perceived KC was valuing him as in the deal.

That's definitely a possibility but I think the most likely explanation is that the Rams don't want to trade Quinn. And if they're giving up a package of picks, we ain't finding a pass rush elsewhere this offseason so we definitely can't afford to trade him.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Peters apparently REALLY burned his bridges with the Chiefs.

Maybe the pick costs might not be all that high?

Hope McVay/Wade can handle this hothead. Gulp...

…..

Legend
This guy on a 5 year deal?

I'm not sure I like getting another CB thats just going to demand money outside our ability to pay.

Of course, we could always franchise for a couple years beyond the next two.... :thinking: we're comfortable doing that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So my take on this trade is that this guy is legit and obviously a great fit for Wade's defense. Adding elite players is always a good thing.

BUT...

He isn't perfect, the dude has some issues. He is known as a bit of a ME type, and does dumb $#!T.

Also a key question is whether the Rams have gotten him to agree on the rough terms of a deal yet (which also comes with questions). Because otherwise this is a rental and the Rams are right back to where they were before, getting ready to let yet another CB hit the FA market.

Lastly how much are the Rams giving up. Not having a round 2 pick makes me concerned our first rounder is gone, and if we're doing that for a rental Imma be p!$$ed.

EDIT: just realized the dude comes with 2 years control. That makes a lot more sense.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After this we resign Joyner and NRC and sign Talib after he’s cut. Oh I’m gonna need a cold shower after that thought :sneaky: