Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I like it. Great fit for our scheme and cheap. Allows us to spend cap elsewhere. Someone just needs to teach the kid to tackle. Hopefully, if we gave up our first, we get another pick back.
Exactly what you said!

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
If he was signed for more than a year. As far as I can tell he is going to make 1.741 Million in 2018 his last contract year.

Rams could go 3rd but a 4th or 5th wood be better. These one year rentals are not worth trading the future. It would be great if it is a resign and trade deal. At least he comes cheap this year and gives Rams a chance to spend money elsewhere.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/marcus-peters-16742/

He still has his 5th year option available.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Moving Quinn wouldn’t have been bad. I don’t like Peters but there’s no denying the talent or the fit. Really curious to see the package.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Moving Quinn wouldn’t have been bad. I don’t like Peters but there’s no denying the talent or the fit. Really curious to see the package.

Interesting. If the Rams wouldn't include Quinn in the deal, that kind of rules out the idea some people have had about the Rams cutting him for salary cap space.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If he was signed for more than a year. As far as I can tell he is going to make 1.741 Million in 2018 his last contract year.

Rams could go 3rd but a 4th or 5th wood be better. These one year rentals are not worth trading the future. It would be great if it is a resign and trade deal. At least he comes cheap this year and gives Rams a chance to spend money elsewhere.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/marcus-peters-16742/

We have the 5th year option on him, so we can have him cheap for 2 years.

And he is an absolute turnover making machine.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Are you guys hoping this just because you want to keep the draft capital? If so I can understand but ... Marcus Peters is definitely worth a 1st rounder. In fact, he's worth more than the 23rd pick of the first round.
I would like to keep the pick because we need more help .
Adding peters is awesome but we will also most likely lose Tru , yes peters is an upgrade but we would still need help up front and probably another corner.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I just saw this on Twitter.

Peters can certainly play. I'm not concerned about that. It's his personality/behavior that raises some doubts.

Obviously, I hope this works out well for the Rams!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Did you not watch or read about this season?
- Went after Sutton during a game, pulled away by Houston
- Attacked another coach on the bus/plane
- Throwing the flag and walking off the field essentially QUITTING during a game

THIS is just what we know. You don’t think there’s a lot we don’t see or hear? It all adds up. Players/coaches don’t want to babysit him.

Just pulled this off some comments from a chiefs fan. supposedly Peters pulled all this shit this year.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
not including quinn is very interesting. might be tough to clear space for joyner and watkins without cutting quinn's cost

side note: if theres any real interest in the rams also going for talib, that would be one bad boys secondary

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
He actually reminds me a bit of Janoris. Risk taker with shutdown ability and some questionable tackling.

That said, the guy is extremely talented, no question about it.

Would love to have him depending on price.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I just saw this on Twitter.

Peters can certainly play. I'm not concerned about that. It's his personality/behavior that raises some doubts.

Obviously, I hope this works out well for the Rams!

Imagine Peters and Talib at CB for 2018. That would take some serious personality wrangling on Phillips' part.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Him being so cheap this year makes it easier to afford Quinn while paying AD, Joyner, and Watkins.

Can’t see Tru staying now.