Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

He’s not going to hold out. If rams didn’t budge on Donald than what the hell is peters going to accomplish by holding out? I get the scenario but it’s not going to happen.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Practically everyone's available with the right price, especially someone in Quinn's circumstances, but the smoke is good as it shows interest in Quinn. I think they want to keep Robert unless they they get an offer to good to refuse or something crazy happens in the draft or FA.
They may or may not want to keep him. The fact that they didn’t include him in the KC trade doesn’t validate either option.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
They may or may not want to keep him. The fact that they didn’t include him in the KC trade doesn’t validate either option.

Yeah its nothing definitive but I would think if they knew they would cut or trade Quinn that they would have tried to make that part of the deal. Maybe they did but KC wouldn't give them what the rams wanted. With the way Robert played later in the season coupled with the rams probably not getting a LB earlier than the 3rd round in the draft and longacre probably not back for a few games, I thought Quinn might be in the plan. Now I feel he will definately be here for 2018

Ram65

Legend
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I wasn’t going to read through 430 comments to find out. Do you guys believe Quinn wasn’t included because the Rams see him as fairly compensated and needed for this coming season? Working on a different trade with Quinn? Or they have a restructured deal with him in place?

Lots of guessing on this one going on.

I think the Chiefs were fishing. No way Rams were going to trade Quinn for MP. Chiefs are going to cut
Johnson and Hali who have slowed down and are not worth the money so they need pass rushers to replace them. The Chiefs could have been valuing the market price for a pass rusher. Rams could have just said no thanks or could have entertained another offer to see what the Chiefs thought Quinn is worth. The more I think about the more I don't think it means much going forward one way or the other on Quinn's future with the Rams.

https://clutchpoints.com/chiefs-news-kansas-city-expected-release-derrick-johnson-ta...

Last edited:

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

Rams hold he rights to his 5th year option too. He would have to hold out 10 games each of the next two seasons. In doing so he would absolutely kill his value on his next contract. He has no leverage in this situation. If he holds out the whole year he basically holds out for no reason as it won’t count as a year played and he would be right back where he started.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Maybe up to the last sentence or two:LOL:
They may or may not want to keep him. The fact that they didn’t include him in the KC trade Quinn doesn’t validate either option.
Disagree

Speaks volumes thru my perspective

Of course I’m just basing this off 2nd half of last season, the one where I, saw the Quinn we all had came to expect, the Quinn that pretty much bitch slapped Duane Brown into the next century

I am just so puzzled as to why some of you are so eager to see him gone?

And for the hell of it, ditto for Mark Barron

You just seem to come off as that guy

Last edited:

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Disagree

Of course I’m just basing this off 2nd half of last season, the one where I, saw the Quinn we all had came to expect, the Quinn that pretty much bitch slapped Duane Brown into the next century

I can't speak for anyone else but personally my issue with Quinn and Barron isn't that they lack talent but that for other reasons there's a legit case to be made that the roster is better off without them.

For Quinn, regardless of how well he played down the stretch, his current level of play isn't close to his price tag. Lack of depth behind him makes it easier to swallow that price tag but it's still an overpay imo

For Barron, he's too small and a terrible fit next to ogle tree. Week after week there was a lack of a run stuffing lb presence and swapping Barron for another lb could help fix that. Does help he makes a lot of money to be a bad fit too

In a cap driven league you gotta spend your money wisely and there's a legit case that both Quinn and Barron hurt the rest of the roster with their current price tags

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I can't speak for anyone else but personally my issue with Quinn and Barron isn't that they lack talent but that for other reasons there's a legit case to be made that the roster is better off without them.

For Quinn, regardless of how well he played down the stretch, his current level of play isn't close to his price tag. Lack of depth behind him makes it easier to swallow that price tag but it's still an overpay imo

For Barron, he's too small and a terrible fit next to ogle tree. Week after week there was a lack of a run stuffing lb presence and swapping Barron for another lb could help fix that. Does help he makes a lot of money to be a bad fit too

In a cap driven league you gotta spend your money wisely and there's a legit case that both Quinn and Barron hurt the rest of the roster with their current price tags
I respectfully disagree

I’m not going to pretend I’m the Rams cap guy, but both of these players are critical contributors thru my eyes

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

I have an opposing opinion. I think Barron is a better football player than Ogletree. He has better anticipation and feel for where a play is going to go, and he's much better at getting to the ball carrier and bringing him down. The grading at PFF seems to be inline with my opinion ;

Player - Overall Grade
Alec Ogletree 39
Mark Barron 71

If you think Barron should be gone, maybe Ogleetree should also?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/terezpaylor/status/967879413617561601

@flv looks like you could be on to something in regards to teams fearing him wanting a big pay day before his contract is up. Hopefully this means we got him for even cheaper than expected lol

According to Chiefs fans there's no better source for team info than him. If he can't get anything better than "2nd round value" it doesn't sound like we'll know the details until the trade is official.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree

Disagree with what? We have no idea how Quinn was postured in this alleged trade scenario. For all we know they wanted to get Quinn for a 7th round pick to which the Rams said pound salt.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think this is one smart move. If all it does is kick the starting corner back huge contract issue down the road a year or 2 it is still a genius move. Snead just took a problem that has dogged us for way to long. Poof off the board, now lets take on the other problems. Oh and by the way, where we figured fixing this problem would cost us 10mil or more only cost us 1.7mil. I really don't care what the draft picks are that we traded away. We now have a great corner and can still get another that can help and maybe make all the other FAs we want to keep happy. That looked impossible until now. Seems as though Fish might have also held back the GM as well as the offense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think this is one smart move. If all it does is kick the starting corner back huge contract issue down the road a year or 2 it is still a genius move. Snead just took a problem that has dogged us for way to long. Poof off the board, now lets take on the other problems.
I agree. You put it into words better than i could have.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I have an opposing opinion. I think Barron is a better football player than Ogletree. He has better anticipation and feel for where a play is going to go, and he's much better at getting to the ball carrier and bringing him down. The grading at PFF seems to be inline with my opinion ;

Player - Overall Grade
Alec Ogletree 39
Mark Barron 71

If you think Barron should be gone, maybe Ogleetree should also?

I don't recall saying anything about who is better. Just that they aren't a good fit next to one another. And considering the new Rams regime gave ogletree an extension this season I think it's clear which player is here long term hence my post about Barron being the odd man out

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I the only one who is holding their breath that Kansas City doesn’t come to their senses and kill the deal?
March 14th is a loooooooong ways away

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I the only one who is holding their breath that Kansas City doesn’t come to their senses and kill the deal?
March 14th is a loooooooong ways away

It would have to be a heck of a lot better offer to justify jilting the Rams, since the Chief's front office would no longer be trusted by any other team - making ALL trades much tougher for them.

NFL front offices depend on getting along with every other team for transactions. Violate that, and it would be open season, at least for a while.

I think it's reasonably safe.