Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
We can draft, sign, and trade for the best cornerbacks but it won't matter if we don't have a pass rush.

Up front is where it really matters.
Please elaborate if you think these Rams don’t have a pass rush

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If it’s a 4th and 7th and a conditional 3rd next year, then that’s a hel of a good deal for us.

No doubt. Can't lose really even if they only get a couple good seasons out of him. And best case it's a damn fleecing of KC.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
If that’s all we gave up, I will lose my fucking mind in excitement

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Chiefs writers and fans are as puzzled as some of the rest of you why there's been no news on the exact terms of the trade. Here's an article followed by some comments.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/2/24/17047762/where-are-the-marcus-peters-trade-details

Where are the Marcus Peters trade details?
By Joel Thorman

What are the Kansas City Chiefs getting back from trading Marcus Peters?

We’re into day two of reporting on this trade and we still don’t know what the Chiefs are getting back. This feels unusual that we don’t have a hint of the draft picks involved. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport did confirm it was draft picks and not players coming back so we believe it’s draft picks only but ... which draft picks?

Some fans think the Chiefs are getting the Rams first round pick back. For a player like Peters, you expect a big return. Hoping for that first rounder is reasonable for fans. I would be disappointed if the Rams 23rd overall pick wasn’t included (there are indications it isn’t but, as we know, nothing is official yet so who knows).

I’m not sure what to make of the delay in finding out the details. The trade can’t officially be done until free agency begins in March so, like the Alex Smith trade, it’s all unofficial until then. But we knew the Alex Smith package — and his contract -- pretty quickly.

What is the delay here? Is this good news or bad news for the Chiefs? I’m not sure what to make of it.
--------------
We want players that want to be Kansas City Chiefs.

The other thing that bothered me about Peters is that he felt entitled to act like an immature spoiled brat just because he has a lot of talent.
----------
Peters has more natural ability than most pros. The guy got a pickoff on his first NFL snap.

He also has more trouble controlling his emotions than most professionals which is why only the Rams and 49ers were interested in trading for him. Maybe he should spend more hours working on his attitude problems and he will have even more consistent success as a pro.
----------
Coaching/ownership fail.
----------
Historically the Rams have made some pretty bad deals so…
-----------
giphy.gif

----------
I would think the Rams would get Donald’s contract done before MP22. With 2 years left and a year they could possibly franchise I don’t think the Rams feel any pressure to get it done quick…and if MP22 wants to be paid like the best corner my guess is he will wait at least a year and see what Johnson gets this year.
---------
The possibility of LA working with Peters on an extension seems to be the most likely cause, although it seems they could announce compensation before an agreed upon extension.
---------
wonder what the rams site is like today

Silence of the Lambs?
---------
Peters is likely engaged in discussions with the Rams about the cost and terms of an extension and the terms of that extension are probably troubling to Peters and his agent.
That is probably what is holding this trade up.
---------
Highly regarded and valuable versus problem child that most of the league doesn't want to take a risk on
are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Peters and his agent have 21 picks, 5 forced fumbles, and 5 fumble recoveries in 3 years on their side. With Peters to be coached in a Wade Phillips defense.
----------
People think that Wade will be able to coach him, I'll wait to see.
When things are going well, Marcus is ok. If the Rams start to falter, you wonder if Marcus’ attitude and yelling will show up again. I don’t doubt he will make plays for LAR, I just wonder when he goes off the deep end.
----------
If he screams at Wade he may get punched in the mouth!
----------

But I’m starting to think it’ll be something like a 3rd plus a 4th in 2019 or something like that. It sounds like the Chiefs really just wanted to be rid of him.
----------
I think the teams are being tighter on info security since the Smith trade got out so quickly.
----------
Former Ram QB Jim Everett thinks it will be a day 2 and day 3 pick in 2018 and another pick in 2019.
This would seem to be a 3rd and 6th this year and maybe a 4th next year.

Ramzheart

Rookie
I'm wondering how Peters is feeling about this trade?! Sounded like he wasnt happy in KC and a happy and content player is more likely to tow the line and not be a distraction..

nighttrain

Legend
If it’s a 4th and 7th and a conditional 3rd next year, then that’s a hel of a good deal for us.

Tag Joyner and resign NRC and your secondary is looking ready to roll. Imagine bring Tru back as a #2, or Talib.
Love the way yer thinking amigo, Peters is going to be so happy with the Rams and winning 11-14 games each season, wait and see!
train

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Snead showing Dimitroff how it's really done :

funny-dog-chicken-fight.jpg

Pete Carroll on the left, Snead in his camos sneaking up on the right ...

funny-badass-hawk-photoshop-battle-raw.png

John Lynch in the barber seat, Snead as the barber ...

7b5223fbdff88bacc3b49c8f2f3b28cf.jpg

Snead showing the NFL what he's made of ...

hqdefault.jpg

Snead's tattoo, front ...

ram-horns-guys-3d-tattoo-design.jpg

back ...

portrait_ram_tattoo_with_horns.jpg

dick ...

ah ha, made you look.

This is the guy who delivers tacos directly to Snead's booth ...

danny-trejo-machete-jacket-135928.jpg

... and he's the wimp

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Trumaine Johnson must feel terrible right now. I don't care how much money he wanted, I'm sure he would have liked to remain a Ram. Oh well. I guess he had his chances. This is what I despise about free agency.

It's just circumstances. Too many big contracts coming up. I am sure the Rams would like to have him back. I would love it if he could work something out. But it doesn't seem likely.

The only logical explanation, assuming that’s true, is that KC felt he was a headcase and just wanted to get rid of him. He’s such a talented player and probably needs a change of scenery. I think he will do really well here.

Andy Reid hates dealing with punks, even talented ones. Peters wore out Reid's welcome. I think arguing with an assistant on the plane was a last straw with Reid. Hunt doesn't like the shenanigans either and he really dislikes the kneeling during the anthem. Then Peter's requests a trade and everyone agreed.

I don't want to bag on Peters here, but in comparison to, say, Sammy, I think Sammy's a much better person who had some selfishness in terms of wanting the ball backfire on him. Peters is a whole other level of crazy. He's had some really bad examples of who he is as a person, I mean google his twitter speak.

And again I am behind this trade and think it was a brilliant move. But yeah I do have that fear this guy is gonna go crazy in LA. But as you say, I am also going to stay positive and hope this works out for us because if it does it's going to be a move of enormously positive impact for our window of playoff contention.

Agreed. The Chiefs withstood his crap for two years. McVay and Phillips should be able to also. By the then they should have some backup plans in place. This trade really got them out of a jam. It's fine if it is only temporary.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
hahahaha

Hardly, though it seems grief councilors are needed for the little Chieflings.

I saw that Silence of the Lambs mess and immediately thought, oh yeah? When we play in Mexico City, we’ll give them a heaping helping of Montezuma’s Revenge!!!

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Reading a Chiefs forum, rumor is going to be a 3rd and 5th this draft, a 2nd in 2019 that can become a 1st rounder if certain conditions are met. Sounds like a reasonable return to what was mentioned earlier, just passing this along. Makes sense,

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reading a Chiefs forum, rumor is going to be a 3rd and 5th this draft, a 2nd in 2019 that can become a 1st rounder if certain conditions are met. Sounds like a reasonable return to what was mentioned earlier, just passing this along. Makes sense,

I expect there is a conditional pick in 2019 that can go as high as a 1st. However, if we give up two picks this year, I'm expecting it to be a 3rd and a 6th. Just my hunch.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
I wish Tru would be like "wow, me and Peters would be dope.. let me stay for a little less then what I'd make somewhere else for a chance to win the SB" stuck with us while we were trash and now you're gonna bounce when we're turning it around.. c'mon son

I get it. It's a violent game. You gotta make your money while you can cause freak injuries can happen but it's just frustrating man.. our team could be fuckin solid!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Any trade is about opportunity cost and there’s no way to truly measure the alternatives because each pick creates a a cascade of unknowable alternatives and it would be folly to try and weight the possibilities.

I prefer to judge trades on the actual value which we can’t know for some time.

So, in many respects, it won’t matter the compensation.

If Peters balls out like many including me expect, it really won’t matter what the compensation was.

If Peters flames out, any compensation will be too much.

I could be wrong...