Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If its not a 1st round pick and since it can't be a 2nd, its the steal of the season or a ram player is involved. I just don't see them taking the 23rd pick in the 3rd as the best part of a multiple deal unless maybe a 2nd next year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Either way, the fact he wasn’t included in the trade doesn’t mean he won’t be traded by any stretch of the imagination.
This was my first thought. Quinn could be lined up for a draft day transaction. Ammo.

Ram65

Legend
Peters is an interesting cornerback to analyze, because while I do think he’s probably a top-10 talent, he isn’t a cornerback we’ve ever had to fear for DFS. Last season, Peters never shadowed, and rarely ever strayed from his side of the field, spending 94 percent of his snaps lined up at left cornerback.
Barrett-16-1024x273.png

Peters gets a high ranking but, he let up a lot of TDs 15, Yards 2077 and DPI Yards 166. He did have the most targets 296. This should have been done in percentages as well to give an easier comparison. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what the Rams get with Peters. He does have a lot of INTs, creates and recovers fumbles. He does get INTs. Don't like that many TDs and the fact he didn't follow the #1 WR around the field. He covers the offenses right side which right handed QB would throw to more. He is different than TruJo. Rams need another cover corner.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Barrett-16-1024x273.png

Peters gets a high ranking but, he let up a lot of TDs 15, Yards 2077 and DPI Yards 166. He did have the most targets 296. This should have been done in percentages as well to give an easier comparison. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what the Rams get with Peters. He does have a lot of INTs, creates and recovers fumbles. He does get INTs. Don't like that many TDs and the fact he didn't follow the #1 WR around the field. He covers the offenses right side which right handed QB would throw to more. He is different than TruJo. Rams need another cover corner.
He reminds a little bit of Jackrabbit in that way. Takes chances.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Trumaine Johnson must feel terrible right now. I don't care how much money he wanted, I'm sure he would have liked to remain a Ram. Oh well. I guess he had his chances. This is what I despise about free agency.

I don’t know about that ? He is going to be backing up the Brinks truck !!

Aaron Donald ain’t

Ram65

Legend
He reminds a little bit of Jackrabbit in that way. Takes chances.

He does some and he has very good the ball awareness at least on these INTs. I like a CB that can be off coverage and make a play on throws to someone else's man.

The jack rabbit doesn’t get up on you though . Man coverage like that puts more pressure on QB’s on key downs.

I thought Jackrabbit does in NY.

Here are some INT and Highlights..He strips the ball like OJ Atogwe.
Hate the add but good videos.

View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/0ap3000000719515/Every-Marcus-Peters-interception

View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2017-elite-performers/0ap3000000917381/Top-10-Marcus-Peters-plays-2017-season

Last edited:

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
IF, This is a done deal why do the teams want to keep what actual draft picks are involved such a secret?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IF, This is a done deal why do the teams want to keep what actual draft picks are involved such a secret?

No player can officially be traded until March 14th I think it is. To avoid any other suitors the Rams may have asked the Chiefs to keep quiet about what they are offering. Or it could just be a gentlemen's agreement. In general no GM would want the reputation of being untrustworthy. It is bad for future business. The Chiefs GM may have agreed not to disclose what the Rams traded just to avoid being bandaged by new offers. I am sure there are other possible reasons

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If its not a 1st round pick and since it can't be a 2nd, its the steal of the season or a ram player is involved. I just don't see them taking the 23rd pick in the 3rd as the best part of a multiple deal unless maybe a 2nd next year.

Agreed that the trade is heavily weighed in our favor Wolf but would like to point out that is only IF the Rams handle Peters well, and IF Peters elects to get serious and grow up a bit in coming over to LA. The issues with this guy are serious and run deep, and represents why the trade market was so scarce on a guy who is otherwise elite in so many measurables.

Just want to point out there is room for this to blow up in our faces. Not a popular thing to consider as we all ride the high of the acquisition (myself included), but this guy in LA has all kinds of room to be a damn nightmare.

Also I think Trader Les needs to quit giving up next year second round picks at some point. I get why he's done it for this year's pick with Watkins and was behind that trade, and I'm behind giving up next year's second as part of a package for Peters, as it's worth the risk. But ideally he'll get ahead of this thing at some point and be able to sit back a bit and let those compensation picks start rolling as he shrewdly keeps the roster filled around the difference makers a la New England.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The same question has been asked in this thread at least a dozen times, "When will we know for certain what we gave up in this trade?"

The answer is: WE DON'T KNOW AND AS SOON AS WE DO IT WILL BE POSTED HERE AT GOOD, OLD ROD. BUT IT MIGHT NOT BE UNTIL MARCH 14TH WHEN FREE AGENCY OPENS. IGNORE ALL RUMORS AND SPECULATIONS UNTIL THEN.

Why am I typing in red, bold, and caps? Take a wild guess.:sneaky:

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
The only logical explanation, assuming that’s true, is that KC felt he was a headcase and just wanted to get rid of him. He’s such a talented player and probably needs a change of scenery. I think he will do really well here.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope they don't announce it until March 14th when its official because if it doesn't include a 1st rounder, KC may realize how dumb they are and change their mind....

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Shouldnt this trade be posted in the criminals section because we just made a major heist.