Looking at 2020 uniforms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
The blue has a strange look depending on the lighting. I notice that NFL Networks graphics look like the chargers powder blue instead of a deeper blue in the right light.

When the light is right they pop so well that I never mistake where the Rams are like I did with the white and navy blue.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
View attachment 38973View attachment 38974

I'm 50 yo, and no one cares what I think anymore. I also know I am way late to this party.

That said, the new uniform really disappoint me. I will not be buying a "bone" jersey, or a new mini helmet.

For those who say "get over it, it's just laundry", I submit that "the laundry" is a major part of fandom of pro teams. A big part of the reason I became a Rams fan in the late 70s was because I thought the uniforms were awesome. And hey, most players are only with the team 3-5 years, coaches change, the teams relocate... the colors and the team name are pretty much the only constants.

I maintain that the above uniform is a classic, just like the Bears, Chiefs, Packers, Colts, Lions, Steelers, Vikings, Raiders, etc. While some of those teams- like the Vikings and the Lions- have tinkered a bit, there have been no wholesale rebuilds. And I would venture to guess the jersey and gear sales for all those teams are just fine (I think there would be changes if the sales weren't). I have to conclude that those teams appreciate their fan base and respect the brand that they have developed over decades.

But the Rams- an historic franchise that periodically has years-long runs of ineptitude where they have to scratch and claw to reclaim their respectability- decides to blow it all up. Why? I know- gotta have a theme with the $5B stadium, LA glitz, gotta justify what we're paying Nike, coordinate with the Dodgers... ugh.

It just ticks me off. The new uniforms sincerely look like Arena League unis to me. The blue in the helmet last night reminded me of the color of the electric-blue Flavor-Ice freeze pops.

Meanwhile, the Dickerson-era uniform just screams football, and the colors pop. It holds its own with any of the other classic NFL uniforms. I love the detail of the horn curling around the shoulder, the contrast of the white, dark blue and yellow; the thick stripes along the pants (my only issue with those uniforms was why the blue had such a purplish hue on the dark jerseys). Even if they felt compelled to change, why not incorporate some of those classic elements in the new uniforms?

Whatever, I'm shaking my fist at a cloud, but man, I'm really disappointed in the new unis. Of course, I'll always support the team, but it sincerely takes away some of my enjoyment of the team.

Go Rams!

Agree with a lot here. The "laundry" is what pulled me in back in 1975. I saw those colors with the horns on sleeve & helmet and was hooked. Earlier this year I was pretty vocal about the logo changes (still don't like 'em, but the golden eye version on the ram head is an improvement). I was also hating the new uniforms because #1 reason is why change a good thing and be a sellout for money? But after these 2 games I'm accepting the uniforms a bit more (okay not the gradient numbers) and no longer hate them. I'll still side with anyone who likes those former uniforms we love (hey even the blue and whites), but the change doesn't look as bad as I first thought. Maybe the great play and winning helps? The 1973-99s are still the best in the NFL, but the Rams' new stuff is okay. Never ever thought I'd say the latter btw. :helmet:

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I also loved the Chargers uniforms they wore on Sunday. Totally reminds me of that 1973 team with Unitas. Almost identical with a few slight improvements. I also liked their royals back in the 70's-80s too. So for me retro says a lot. And thank you Browns, orange pants look good once again.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
I guess when your team is 2-0 and your QB had a near perfect day the only thing left to complain about is fashion ;)

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... :)

Beholders have many eyes

BeholderPatch_1512x.png

jjab360

Legend
The uniform has almost completely grown on me, they really pop on the screen. We just need to get the yellow pants now and I'll call this experiment a success.

If only there was something we could do about that god awful logo... The LARAMS is fine, that ram head is hideous

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The 1973-99s are still the best in the NFL

still think the Fearsome Foursome blue and whites were the greatest ever... better than the iconic Packers, Bears, Steelers, Cowboys or Giants.

but I’ll say again, as long as we’re lifting the Lombardi, I don’t care what uni we in.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
So fucking pissed right now. Received a email from the Rams shop (Yes the official one!) saying my order for my Goff/Bone vapor (that's the $149 one) Has been cancelled. I called them and was told the system has cancelled the order automatically because the "Special Event" items shipping date is now unknown , or if it will even ever ship. I asked the guy how can a normal Rams game jersey be a special event jersey? He of course had no answer. Check your emails if you're waiting on jerseys! I still have my Roya Donald vapor jersey in. We will see what happens with that.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
So fucking pissed right now. Received a email from the Rams shop (Yes the official one!) saying my order for my Goff/Bone vapor (that's the $149 one) Has been cancelled. I called them and was told the system has cancelled the order automatically because the "Special Event" items shipping date is now unknown , or if it will even ever ship. I asked the guy how can a normal Rams game jersey be a special event jersey? He of course had no answer. Check your emails if you're waiting on jerseys! I still have my Roya Donald vapor jersey in. We will see what happens with that.
Yeah, looks like all of the vapor jerseys are showing as "special event". Crazy that they don;t even have a shipping date yet.

I guess everyone hates these kits so bad that they decided to cancel the event and change the entire design and logo.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Yeah, I got the same cancel notice. Ticked me off.

I turned right around and bought again to see what would happen. WTH.

It gave me a delivery date of Dec-01 on my new order. Donald 99 Royal Nike Vapor

My original was Sept-10, then Nov-17... now this one...Dec-01.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Yeah, looks like all of the vapor jerseys are showing as "special event". Crazy that they don;t even have a shipping date yet.

I guess everyone hates these kits so bad that they decided to cancel the event and change the entire design and logo.
We had an initial date of August, then a couple weeks ago it went to November, no cancelled. The Rams are aware of the issue. Let's just hope they make it right. I hit up KDems twitter with please for help (along with many others).

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’m just gonna wait. No need to sign up for aggravation now. Also want an AD Jersey but gonna wait until they actually shipping to even consider it.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm definitely of the rare minority about the new uniforms.

I've been a fan well over 30 years so my vote is authentic and not with the intent to debate anyone's preference.

These new uniforms and the new horn on the helmet are my favorite of all the uniforms they've ever worn.

Go ahead mock me and call my taste for fashion pathetic.

You won't hurt my feelings. :cheers2::foot(y)

These are my favorite Rams uniforms of all time.
s_top

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
It looks like the blue jerseys are getting ready to ship. My email says my jersey should ship no later than 10/15.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm definitely of the rare minority about the new uniforms.

I've been a fan well over 30 years so my vote is authentic and not with the intent to debate anyone's preference.

These new uniforms and the new horn on the helmet are my favorite of all the uniforms they've ever worn.

Go ahead mock me and call my taste for fashion pathetic.

You won't hurt my feelings. :cheers2::foot(y)

These are my favorite Rams uniforms of all time.
s_top
I wasn't sure at first, but they have really grown on me.

I cant wait for the yellow pants.