Kyren Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
KW was targeted and Stafford was obviously pissed that he ran the wrong route.

What mental screw ups are you referring to? Missing blocks happens to young players. He showed plenty of mental toughness during his rehab and in carrying the team late last season.

Which of the plays where he was hit in the backfield in Seattle do you think KW turns in to positive yards?
Yep, I remember him being targeted twice. On the first one, Williams cut inside of the defender on the wheel instead of outside and towards the sideline. He was still open, but Stafford had to release early due to pressure and threw to where he anticipated he'd be (outside near the sidelines). The second time, Stafford had to throw it too early and overthrew Williams, who again seemed to be working his way open.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
 Marcus Allen does seem like Kyren's RB muse. Kyren has a way of slithering through the slightest crease much like Marcus used to do.
Exactly what I meant. I remember an announcer from one of his games pointing out how Marcus had the ability to make himself skinny, kind of slipping through at an angle without losing forward momentum. Though if Kyren had even half the career Marcus had I'd be happy.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Certainly possible. But even if that is true I think Akers' status on the team is mostly related to how he produces. He needs to show better, but I have a feeling the Rams have run game tells they are not aware of. Because for whatever reason when Akers is in there the Seahawks were shooting run lanes.

So maybe it's a numbers thing, as in number of times he's in there on certain downs means high percentage he gets a carry. Or maybe it's the way he sets himself on runs. Teams can key on some crazy shit.

But personally I like the two of them in combination. And I also don't want to see Williams get too beat up. So I'm hoping Akers has a big day vs SF and we end up with a good competition that makes both of them better back there.

Well it is pretty easy to key on Akers. He hasn’t shown a lot of diversity as of now( game 1).

I was totally wrong,thinking Cam Akers was The Man. Demarco Farr lead me to that thinking.Add bulked up & how he finished 2022.
If we can prove that Puka and Tutu aren't 1st game flashes in the pan then teams won't load the box to stop the run (which is what I would have done too with Kupp out) and Aker's will all of a sudden be a good RB again.

Your going to see a 2 RB system & Cam Akers will get the bulk of the Carrie’s in the 4th Qrt.

Bottom Line is there is a reason Cam Akers was put on The Trade Block last season & sat on the Bench.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I have not given up on Cam like a lot of others on this board have. He has battled back from some serious injuries to get back on the field. I believe we will see Cam improve as the season goes on and he is provided some support up front. Not getting all the hate for Cam, on this board.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Why are people so fixated on trading away players after 1 week? Sure not everyone played great, the season just started. Depth is also important. Doesn't make any sense. Relax.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Not likely but after taking it to the Seacocks - Would anyone be shocked by a trade for Jonathan Taylor (Plan B to last years Plan A attempt to get McCaffrey).
I would be shocked, not because they dont want the player but he has a price tag of about 10M....dont think we can afford him

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Bottom Line is there is a reason Cam Akers was put on The Trade Block last season & sat on the Bench.
And it had nothing to do with his ability or production.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And it had nothing to do with his ability or production.

IMO & always will be is he thought he was OWED the starting RB spot.
Kyren Williams is an excellent blocker & tremendous out of the backfield.He showed how he feels his way upfield.
—Cam Akers came into training camp out of shape in 2022.Today 2023 season he has a different mind set. Sill on record of 10 TD’s & 1,200.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
IMO & always will be is he thought he was OWED the starting RB spot.
Kyren Williams is an excellent blocker & tremendous out of the backfield.He showed how he feels his way upfield.
—Cam Akers came into training camp out of shape in 2022.Today 2023 season he has a different mind set. Sill on record of 10 TD’s & 1,200.
Agreed on Williams pass pro, he and Stafford were not on the same page this week.

Still think the problem last year was a coach out of his league causing problems. And, don’t think McVay tried very hard to trade Akers.

Buffnblue

UDFA
Switch to? Kyren out snapped him like 20-4 in the 1st half. Kyren was the guy from the start
Ive never been on board with Akers at all.

When we drafted him so high I was perplexed.

Id like to see Zevans get a lot of the touches.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

when the oline gave him some room to move akers looked smooth and powerful. Please just give him some room to move. So sick of seeing a wall of defenders in front of him as soon as he secures the ball.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

when the oline gave him some room to move akers looked smooth and powerful. Please just give him some room to move. So sick of seeing a wall of defenders in front of him as soon as he secures the ball.

Rams need to look at how he lines up, from his feet to his positioning, on run plays vs pass plays when he's in there. And bounce them for down and distance. And also look at the calls when he's in vs out and bounce those against down and distance as well.

Yes it could simply be that the Seahawks knew the Rams would try to feed him and greenlighted a run focus when he was in there on certain downs. But I'd be very worried about tells right now if I'm the Rams. That's a real thing in this league and when it happens you will get a disparity like we saw week one, where one guy gets read over and over. So at the least I'd ensure I'm ruling it out.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Kyren is a nice player.. but I still have very limited expectations for a guy who is small and was the second worst RB in the 22 draft when it comes to Relative Athletic Score. Being explosive still means something to me at RB.

Akers is still the upside guy at the position, imo.