Kyren Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Akers had 22 carries for 29 yards. They had no option but to switch to Williams. Not sure why Akers has been so inconsistent but he has been given every opportunity to succeed.
Cause they were running Akers into 7-8 man boxes. Williams saw 6 man boxes a number of times cause of passing formations and down and distance. Better to think of their success in that way than individual achievement though there's a lot to like about what Williams did against light boxes. It does sound like he screwed up a route with Stafford though late in the game.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Akers had 22 carries for 29 yards. They had no option but to switch to Williams. Not sure why Akers has been so inconsistent but he has been given every opportunity to succeed.
Is it the line? Is it him?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Interesting development. Let's see what some self-scouting this week leads to.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's hard to run against that Wagner Freak. He can wreck run game plans for every team.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
It's hard to run against that Wagner Freak. He can wreck run game plans for every team.
Its going to be even harder next week against the complete freak D that features potentially a better MLB Warner. I'm still left pondering how in the fuck the whiners can afford what they have on defense, let alone the high priced guys on offense. I guess paying a QB pennies is really that advantageous.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Its going to be even harder next week against the complete freak D that features potentially a better MLB Warner. I'm still left pondering how in the fuck the whiners can afford what they have on defense, let alone the high priced guys on offense. I guess paying a QB pennies is really that advantageous.

That pos Warner has it coming.

Dirty play always comes back to you. It's just a matter of when... and he's overdue.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
On run plays Notebook looked awkward and whiffy at times. I'm still not sold on him being a better option than Dotson or Anchrum for G.

oldnotdead

Legend
Noteboom is clearly better than Anchrum who whiffed on runs against backups in preseason. That is why he's not starting. Anchrum is a backup talent.

Apparently they want Dotson at RG and that takes retraining muscle memory. Next year I think it will come down to McClendon and Dotson at RG with Joe moving to RT.

Noteboom is still learning the position. Remember he missed a lot of TC and then he was basically at LT for most of TC. That said he's doing fine so far. Havenstein was the one who struggled when ever he was uncovered.

We will see how good Jackson really is as he will face Bosa. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see Bosa flip sides to go against Havenstein. Speed and power beat him consistently. Havenstein needs a chip and if there is something that Higbee sucks at it's blocking, even giving chips.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Switch to? Kyren out snapped him like 20-4 in the 1st half. Kyren was the guy from the start
They only listed Akers as the starter because he's the veteran and I think they wanted to use Akers as a decoy somewhat at the beginning would be my guess.

The knew Williams was going to get the majority of snaps.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
On run plays Notebook looked awkward and whiffy at times. I'm still not sold on him being a better option than Dotson or Anchrum for G.
I think they're going to see that in the tapes and try to get Dotson up and running sooner rather than later.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Impressed with William's pass blocking. Seattle didn't blitz much and will be interesting to see what this offense looks like vs the blitz (though Stafford has always been better against the blitz than playing against straight zone, that was actually impressive about his performance yesterday).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Personally - and I have nothing against Cam or Ronnie Rivers or Zach Evans - I want K-Will to be the starter. Not only is he a fellow St. Louisan, but he grew up idolizing my all-time favorite Ram in Steven Jackson. That's a man with good taste.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wouldn't be so quick to draw too many lessons from Akers' outing. For a few reasons.

First, when the seam was there he did his job. Problem is seams weren't really there. His best run was the bounce outside the tackle early in the game.

Second, the Seahawks were keying their asses off on Akers in their run fits. They knew the Rams wanted to run the ball due to lack of Kupp and were prepared for it.

And third we will need him going forward. He offers a different run style to Williams, and one which should be valuable vs stronger fronts like the one we're gonna see this next weekend.

All that aside I want to give full cred to Williams. You could see how fast he was hitting that hole early in the game. His energy was undeniable. Also he was a shoestring tackle away from a long TD run in the second half of the game. He would have been gone for sure.

Lastly looking ahead to SF they're going to need to be ready to play the run. Which has always been an advantage to them in our matchups, in that they typically stuff our run game and then McVay forgets about the run and they pin their ears back while they run the ball on us. Well looking at that week one win vs Seattle McVay called 40 run plays. Now that was largely enabled by sustained drives due to Stafford's performance, which will be tougher to pull off vs SF's rush. But the fact that McVay called that many runs will make SF prepare for our run game. If we can make those fucks play the run vice pinning their ears back in the first quarter that would be a real nice advantage vs normal against them.

jap

Legend
I wouldn't be so quick to draw too many lessons from Akers' outing. For a few reasons.

First, when the seam was there he did his job. Problem is seams weren't really there. His best run was the bounce outside the tackle early in the game.

Second, the Seahawks were keying their asses off on Akers in their run fits. They knew the Rams wanted to run the ball due to lack of Kupp and were prepared for it.

And third we will need him going forward. He offers a different run style to Williams, and one which should be valuable vs stronger fronts like the one we're gonna see this next weekend.

All that aside I want to give full cred to Williams. You could see how fast he was hitting that hole early in the game. His energy was undeniable. Also he was a shoestring tackle away from a long TD run in the second half of the game. He would have been gone for sure.

Lastly looking ahead to SF they're going to need to be ready to play the run. Which has always been an advantage to them in our matchups, in that they typically stuff our run game and then McVay forgets about the run and they pin their ears back while they run the ball on us. Well looking at that week one win vs Seattle McVay called 40 run plays. Now that was largely enabled by sustained drives due to Stafford's performance, which will be tougher to pull off vs SF's rush. But the fact that McVay called that many runs will make SF prepare for our run game. If we can make those fucks play the run vice pinning their ears back in the first quarter that would be a real nice advantage vs normal against them.
 It also helped the 'Hawks that ex-Horn, Bobby Wagner, was familiar with LA's rush patterns from.last season, and Bobby has unreal anticipation skills. It's a good thing Ernest Jones was employing the Vulcan Mind Touch all last year to transfer every scrap of information out of Bobby's Cabeza.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
 It also helped the 'Hawks that ex-Horn, Bobby Wagner, was familiar with LA's rush patterns from.last season, and Bobby has unreal anticipation skills. It's a good thing Ernest Jones was employing the Vulcan Mind Touch all last year to transfer every scrap of information out of Bobby's Cabeza.
Agreed. That bastard definitely read a few of our plays, one of them being that nice stop in the backfield.

I was impressed by Jones as well. He looked like a legit 3 down backer out there yesterday.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Kyren reminds me of Marcus Allen the way he moves his body navigating through defenders. If he keeps this up he may unseat Akers as starter.

Nothing really against Akers, who was the victim numerous times of defenders shooting through gaps in the line, which is a reason why they ranked low there. It's just Kyren has a little more jukes.

WestCoastRam

Legend
We really went after Wagner in zones in the passing game, he's got some deficiencies there, one's that we knew even more intimately after last year. Great to see these WRs do so well vs zone but the real test will be what Tutu and Puka can do against man.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Agreed. That bastard definitely read a few of our plays, one of them being that nice stop in the backfield.

I was impressed by Jones as well. He looked like a legit 3 down backer out there yesterday.
Jones was ascending two years ago and that's what made the Wagner panic signing so irksome. Sure it was good to have him but it was a luxury and Jones was well able to man that spot.