Kyren Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Kyren and Puka are absolute Dawgs. So refreshing to have some bullies on offense. Same goes for Avila and Dotson. You can tell this team wanted to get tougher and align more with what the pukes up north are doing, physically. I'm here for it.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
My God.. the cutup of him in pass pro is incredible.. I love that he got the Browns lineman so good at the start of the first clip that the lineman had to push him down afterward.

Kid is a teaching tape for football.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
My God.. the cutup of him in pass pro is incredible.. I love that he got the Browns lineman so good at the start of the first clip that the lineman had to push him down afterward.

Kid is a teaching tape for football.

He gets great leverage and delivers a surprisingly strong smack. Courtney got so pissed he pushed him over from behind after Kyren decked once! :laugh4:

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Best RB in the league at the moment, apart from McCaffrey.

Kyren is four years younger, so let’s hope that he can improve past the Whiners’ man in the next year or two.

TexasRam

Legend
Kyren and Puka are absolute Dawgs. So refreshing to have some bullies on offense. Same goes for Avila and Dotson. You can tell this team wanted to get tougher and align more with what the pukes up north are doing, physically. I'm here for it.
Both have that similar ability to get the extra hard yards and block at a top level for their respective positions.

That stuff is stacked on top of their primary super powers. One get open and catches the ball in traffic, the other uses vision, burst and shiftiness to churn out hard yards in the run game.

Crazy how much they add to the end result with their overall games in all phases.

But yea add the two guards to the physicality of the two skill guys and we have a completely different Rams team this year. One that plays physical.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
What is cool about Williams is it shows you don't have to spend high picks on a good back. He's going to be in the Pro Bowl and he's maybe not quite as "talented" as Akers but he's a better football player and those things are not always the same.

Heart matters. Toughness matters and package that will good skills and you get production.

Also shows that the line being healthy is a huge deal.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Williams is the mvp of this offense. If he never got hurt I have no doubt he would have 1500 rushing yards to end the season. He's a menace.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
With a 104 yard rushing performance vs the Aints, Kyren Williams became only the 2nd RB teammate in Matthew Stafford's career to surpass 1000 yards rushing. He now has the highest seasonal rushing yardage while teamed with Stafford at 1057 yards surpassing Reggie Bush's 1006 in 2013 with the Lions. :trophy::pointup: :helmet:

2023 Rams - Kyren Williams: 1057 rushing yards in 11 games
2013 Lions - Reggie Bush: 1006 rushing yards in 14 games

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The secret is out. KW is the best back in the NFL right now! The only one to challenge him is McCaffrey.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
He is proving me wrong. I never saw this coming!

I think every Rams fan had their heart stop a bit when he went down for a play or two last night with the helmet off. We really, really need a 2nd RB. The drop off is way too steep and this offense relies on a good runner to function. We saw that when Williams was hurt. If the coaching staff does not think Evans can be the guy to split some carries going forward, then keep drafting RBs until we hit again. We are a Williams injury away (or a Stafford injury, but almost every team is cooked without their QB1) from being neutered offensively. That is not ideal when you consider the physical beatings RBs take, how many carries Williams gets, and that he is not exactly built like a bell cow.

Gurley was still the better RB IMO with his size and top end speed, but Williams is - far and away - the shiftiest Rams RB that I have seen since Faulk. And he might even give Fault a run for his money, which is incredible to think. His quick little cuts to evade the first tackler are downright amazing. Like, bordering on disbelief good. It seems the first man *always* misses, with Williams making the tiniest but lightning quick cuts and maneuvers to ever so slightly change the tackling angle. Very fun to watch.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The number one need in the off-season is a RB that is similar to Kyren. I don't care what they have to do to find him but they need a similar version because he makes the offense tick. Without him, we are at least ten points per game worse. Go find his doppelganger. Now.
I think they have bigger needs, but I get your thinking. Rivers is similar but not the same.
Pass the helping of crow, folks. I was pushing hard before the draft this year for the Rams to do whatever it took to get Jahmyr Gibbs because I didn't think our RB's were good enough. I thought we needed a "home run" hitter like Gurley was and Jahmyr seemed to fill that need. I certainly didn't think Cam Akers was special and didn't see anything special about Kyren Williams.

Yeah, I was wrong.

I still think Gibbs is special and is that guy, but so is Kyren in his own way. He is the player that opened the Rams offense this year and has aided Matthew Stafford immensely, no matter WHAT @Merlin says!.
Gibbs still would have been a great pick for the Rams. They did try to trade up for somebody in the first round.

But if they were successful then they wouldn’t have Avila, and may have ended up taking a third round guard which dominoes into, who knows what.
This is the physicality that I’ve been begging for for a few years now, especially in the run game. In recent years third and two felt like it had to be a pass play because they weren’t likely to get it by running the ball.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s obvious to me that the Saints were keying on KW to try to make the Rams one dimensional…but he is so shifty that even when they had him for a loss, he almost always escapes with positive yards. You can bet the Giants, and especially the Niners are going to try to take KW out of his effectiveness…good luck.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s obvious to me that the Saints were keying on KW to try to make the Rams one dimensional…but he is so shifty that even when they had him for a loss, he almost always escapes with positive yards. You can bet the Giants, and especially the Niners are going to try to take KW out of his effectiveness…good luck.
Especially with our Oline playing so well. Those big boys like blow people off the line for Kyren, than dropping back in pass blocking.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This difference in this offense with Kyren vs W/O is striking. KDub is absolutely the straw that stirs the drink for the Rams O and I really hope he stays healthy and happy in a Rams uniform for years. Going to need to get him some help in the draft or FA next year though.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
He is proving me wrong. I never saw this coming!

I think every Rams fan had their heart stop a bit when he went down for a play or two last night with the helmet off. We really, really need a 2nd RB. The drop off is way too steep and this offense relies on a good runner to function. We saw that when Williams was hurt. If the coaching staff does not think Evans can be the guy to split some carries going forward, then keep drafting RBs until we hit again. We are a Williams injury away (or a Stafford injury, but almost every team is cooked without their QB1) from being neutered offensively. That is not ideal when you consider the physical beatings RBs take, how many carries Williams gets, and that he is not exactly built like a bell cow.

Gurley was still the better RB IMO with his size and top end speed, but Williams is - far and away - the shiftiest Rams RB that I have seen since Faulk. And he might even give Fault a run for his money, which is incredible to think. His quick little cuts to evade the first tackler are downright amazing. Like, bordering on disbelief good. It seems the first man *always* misses, with Williams making the tiniest but lightning quick cuts and maneuvers to ever so slightly change the tackling angle. Very fun to watch.
No way in hell he gives Faulk a run for his money. Look Kyren is balling but Faulk is a Hall Famer for a reason. Talk about recency bias in full blown display hahaha