Kenny Britt visiting Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man...go enjoy college bro. Find some pussy.

I appreciate your interest in my life but I don't go back to college until tomorrow evening. Am spending a couple days at home with the family for spring break after spending most of the week at the beach with friends. I can link you to my facebook if you need to know anything else. ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why not is not my argument, its was my attempt to understand yours. I've already stated my reasons for thinking its a good move

1)He's proven that he can play at a high level in the nfl
2)The success he had came under our current head coach, maybe he can bring that out of him again
3)perhaps a change of scenery (with a stronger locker room) will do wonders

I never mentioned any of the other guys you referenced so that argument holds little water to me.

So thats my reasoning, yours seems to be no he won't

Here's my issue:
1) Not recently. He got injured and hasn't been the same since. He was the least effective WR in football last year.
2) While true, his amazing start to the year in 2011 that people always cite came after Fisher was fired.
3) Possibly but I don't really feel like we have a lot of veteran leadership in our locker-room. This is a pretty young team. And there's potential there for Britt to be a bad influence on our young guys.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I could never remember where I was by the end of spring break...:cheers:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's my issue:
1) Not recently. He got injured and hasn't been the same since. He was the least effective WR in football last year.
2) While true, his amazing start to the year in 2011 that people always cite came after Fisher was fired.
3) Possibly but I don't really feel like we have a lot of veteran leadership in our locker-room. This is a pretty young team. And there's potential there for Britt to be a bad influence on our young guys.

I agree with everything you said Minus number 3. If our guys as adults, can't make their own decisions and are willing to jeopardize their careers because Kenny Britt influenced them we have far bigger issues. At the end of the day "bad influences" are everywhere, especially when your a 20 something year old millionaire with a high profile job they will be influenced to make poor choices at some point regardless and it will be up to them and them alone to proceed.

That being said, everyone of your points is valid, it is entirely possible he's done, he's still a head case, etc.. but it is also entirely possible he's matured, fisher knows how to use him, etc... the potential is there, he's shown flashes of it, what he choses to do with it/what happens next is up in the air. And as i mentioned before, that kenny britt that looked so promising a few years ago would be the best WR on our team

and that brings us full circle, if both scenarios are entirely plausible, and the cost of seeing the outcome is very low, why would you oppose such a move?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
The Nashville Tennessean's Jim Wyatt believes free agent Kenny Britt "still has a chance to make an impact in the NFL," and still "definitely has the skills" if his knees cooperate.
Wyatt has covered Britt his entire career, and we've never seen him give rose-colored or phony analysis. Wyatt also says Britt is "a good guy," and not the bad seed "some think he is." Britt obviously lacked confidence and concentration last year, but there aren't many players more worth a cheap, one-year "prove-it" flier. Britt's talent hasn't evaporated and he's still only 25.
Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

moklerman

Warner-phile
As Jrry32 said, if we're going to roll the dice on a guy with potential and bad knees, might as well get DX back. At least he doesn't have off the field issues too.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would rather see Nicks in for a tryout than Britt. Britt had a knee problem and has not been the same since. In addition to that his off field problems are more headaches why risk his bad influence over other fringe players?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I appreciate your interest in my life but I don't go back to college until tomorrow evening. Am spending a couple days at home with the family for spring break after spending most of the week at the beach with friends. I can link you to my facebook if you need to know anything else. ;)

Quit being a man whore and get your crap straight, jrry. Dam son... *blue font* ;)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In 2010. That was four years ago. Last year, the amazing Britt averaged 8.7 yards per CATCH, caught 33% of his targets, dropped 18% of his targets and earned the title of least effective WR in football.

in 2011 basically got 300 yards and 3 tds in 2 games before injuring his knee in the 3rd game of the season.
2012 - as do many players, couldn't get going first year back from knee injury
2013 - both britt and the team gave up on each other.

this has all the makings of the moss to patriots scenario. i can understand why the rams are having a look.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah, just click on their username and press ignore.

I haven't needed to use this yet, but if that's how you feel...

^I like where this is going.

Not a thing wrong with a low risk high reward scenario as long as we're not betting the farm it'll turn out well. We are obviously not counting on Britt, we're just hoping and observing. His contract won't be much so it's all good.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Straight. Up. Hooker. LOL

Of course I kid. :D

Jrry talking to a girl, "You're logic is flawed... And you're breast size to hip ratio is totally off!... Jesus, do you actually think pink nail polish matches that blouse?!?..." It goes on and on until the poor girl has no more self confidence to speak of. He then intimates he has beer in his dorm room...

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Man I never said he was gay lol

No. No. No. Wasn't saying he was gay. I was just imagining how his analytical prowess translates over into picking up girls. The example given is taken from "neg" theory. Yes, there are theories around this stuff. That said, I'm sure he's doing fine. Following a linear progression. (And for the record; negs do not work.)

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
^I like where this is going.

Not a thing wrong with a low risk high reward scenario as long as we're not betting the farm it'll turn out well. We are obviously not counting on Britt, we're just hoping and observing. His contract won't be much so it's all good.

THIS