Kenny Britt visiting Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If we do sign this guy, it should be a lowball "kick the tires" type contract. It shouldn't eliminate the possibility of taking Watkins.

That said, the more I hear, the less I'd be disappointed with him going elsewhere and the less I think he'd make the roster anyway.

It's too bad. He did some good on some Madden games of the past I brought him in on.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kenny Britt WR TEN 50 Mins
Free agent WR Kenny Britt will visit with the Patriots on Sunday.

Britt visited with the Rams on Saturday, but left without a contract. New England still has a need at receiver after bringing back Julian Edelman and could be a fit given Bill Belichick's ties to former Rutgers players. Britt has drawn interest from as many as five teams, but should only require a one-year, "prove-it" deal.

moklerman

Warner-phile
On the injury front, there is only one source to consult...Dr. Jene Bramel:

"It's easy to see the impressive recoveries of Adrian Peterson and (hopefully) Robert Griffin III as the new standard for reconstructive knee surgery. But there will still be players who struggle to fully recover within 12 months of their injury. In Britt's case, scar tissue and questionable compliance with rehab kept him from a quicker recovery.
Thanks for the article. It's easy to get excited about his potential and skill but if you made it to the very end, this pops up from his doctor and punctuates how immature he seems to be.

Sometimes it takes a little longer for a guy to grow up but it's sure not something you want to deal with. If he doesn't get it by now, it's hard to imagine he's ever going to. Did the Rams actually offer him a contract I wonder? Seems like an indictment against his personality if that's the case.

A55VA6

Legend
good question. I assume they would let everyone not named Tavon battle it out.
I'd say Pettis is odd man out, everyone else is safe. Quick is safe this year I believe, but it's time to produce.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

pettis is the perfect "move the chains" wr. why would the rams want to let go of that. why is everyone so ready to cut him?

quick isn't going anywhere either.

the rams aren't drafting watkins. forget about it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

pettis is the perfect "move the chains" wr. why would the rams want to let go of that. why is everyone so ready to cut him?

quick isn't going anywhere either.

the rams aren't drafting watkins. forget about it.

I wouldn't go THAT far but if we do, I'm actually thinking Givens may be the odd man out because he has similar skills but doesn't quite seem to have the IT.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I wouldn't go THAT far but if we do, I'm actually thinking Givens may be the odd man out because he has similar skills but doesn't quite seem to have the IT.
What do you think Stedman Bailey is for!?!? Lol just playing but I see him as our future #2, just gotta find out if Quick is/will be our number 1. Maybe Watkins will surpass Quick but you at least gotta give him this year to see if he can piece it all together.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What do you think Stedman Bailey is for!?!? Lol just playing but I see him as our future #2, just gotta find out if Quick is/will be our number 1. Maybe Watkins will surpass Quick but you at least gotta give him this year to see if he can piece it all together.
All for it Barry. I'm not in the Watkins camp. But I just don't see him as being totally out of the picture. I think Sted is going to light it up and Quick will be used much more this year - especially with Sam actually being able to throw the 9 or GO route.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
so if we sign Britt and draft a round 1/2 WR - who gets cut? Pettis or Quick?
Why would you have to cut anyone at this point? Even in season, the Rams carried only 5 WRs last season...doesn't mean they wouldn't carry 6 this year.

And both of those guys are better than Justin Veltung.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I wonder if it is possible they brought in Britt to give the perception they are looking at adding a WR to drum up potential interest in the no.2 draft pick. That is, if Snead was telling the truth that they don't want to add anyone else.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure if the Pats would be out of his market now. They did re-sign Edleman yesterday .... looks like Amendola is going to stay ... signed LaFell .... but who are their other 2-3? Also... Britt is a different mold of WR than they have had (Big, strong, physical). I guess Carolina can look at him now too.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure if the Pats would be out of his market now. They did re-sign Edleman yesterday .... looks like Amendola is going to stay ... signed LaFell .... but who are their other 2-3? Also... Britt is a different mold of WR than they have had (Big, strong, physical). I guess Carolina can look at him now too.
Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Doesn't say much for where Britt is right now if the Rams and Pat's have both passed on him, does it?