Kenny Britt visiting Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And, just to bore those who've heard me bang the drum on this before, especially if the Rams are going to take on a problem child, I'd much rather they go after Justin Blackmon. I'm sold on that guy's talent. Britt's a question mark and a problem child. I can see their line of thinking but that's just not the guy I'd target.
Is Justin Blackmon a free agent?

moklerman

Warner-phile
Is Justin Blackmon a free agent?
I believe he's a restricted FA but even if he's not, I'd make a play for him. I think he's a difference maker on the field and the Rams have the resources to make a decent offer to the Jags without screwing themselves up. I'd much rather pay a little and get Blackmon than take on Britt for free.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And just how much time do you think he would take? Doubt he would make it out of training camp if our FO thought he had nothing to offer.

And he's not awful at playing football, he scored 9 tds in 12 games in 2010, he clearly has the ability. Why not see if a change of scenery can bring that out?

In 2010. That was four years ago. Last year, the amazing Britt averaged 8.7 yards per CATCH, caught 33% of his targets, dropped 18% of his targets and earned the title of least effective WR in football.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe he's a restricted FA but even if he's not, I'd make a play for him. I think he's a difference maker on the field and the Rams have the resources to make a decent offer to the Jags without screwing themselves up. I'd much rather pay a little and get Blackmon than take on Britt for free.

Blackmon was a first round pick. He's 3 years away from being a FA.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hes not a free agent. These two situations are not really comparable. Id also rather have Blackmon, I'm sure most would.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Blackmon was a first round pick. He's 3 years away from being a FA.
Yeah, I couldn't really remember. Would you give up draft picks to get him in a trade? If so, what value would you put on him?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In 2010. That was four years ago. Last year, the amazing Britt averaged 8.7 yards per CATCH, caught 33% of his targets, dropped 18% of his targets and earned the title of least effective WR in football.

Im not sure what you're trying to accomplish, Ive agreed with you he did not play well spewing out stats on something we've both agreed on is redundant.

Yes 2010 was 4 years ago he's been unhealthy and playing poorly since hence the reason we would get him cheap. I merely brought that up to indicate that he in fact does have the ability to succeed in the nfl something he did under our current head coach. It costs us very little to bring him in and see if he would be beneficial to our football team maybe he can resurrect what was once a promising career. Maybe he can't, my point remains, where is the harm?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I couldn't really remember. Would you give up draft picks to get him in a trade? If so, what value would you put on him?

I don't know. Don't know what his issues are in Jacksonville. But I doubt they'd trade him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im not sure what you're trying to accomplish, Ive agreed with you he did not play well spewing out stats on something we've both agreed on is redundant.

Yes 2010 was 4 years ago he's been unhealthy and playing poorly since hence the reason we would get him cheap. I merely brought that up to indicate that he in fact does have the ability to succeed in the nfl something he did under our current head coach. It costs us very little to bring him in and see if he would be beneficial to our football team maybe he can resurrect what was once a promising career. Maybe he can't, my point remains, where is the harm?

The harm is wasting money and time on him.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The harm is wasting money and time on him.

And as indicated the money would likely be bare minimum and the time would likely be no longer than training camp if he shows he's still a head case, and if he isn't currently healthy I doubt we bring him in at all.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
And as indicated the money would likely be bare minimum and the time would likely be no longer than training camp if he shows he's still a head case, and if he isn't currently healthy I doubt we bring him in at all.
Yes...and no more time being wasted than a guy like Justin Veltung or the other 2 or 3 guys that will be brought in and cut.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I don't know. Don't know what his issues are in Jacksonville. But I doubt they'd trade him.
You're probably right as the last article I read said they plan on keeping him but I can still wish. I've long assumed that Fisher wanted him based on the report that he slammed his fist to the table on draft day when Jacksonville traded up to get him.

Someone pointed out that it's possible he slammed his fist because he wanted to trade back again and Blackmon on the board would have provided a much better opportunity to do so. If that's the case and Fisher isn't really enamored with Blackmon then there's no hope at all the Rams make a play. Probably no hope anyway but I've always wanted Blackmon for the Rams and his problems seem to be personal issues more than law-breaking issues so I keep thinking there's a chance to salvage him.

Alcohol can be overcome and Blackmon continues to say that he's trying to straighten things out. Still has a love of the game so to speak. He isn't in it just for the paycheck or playing football because he wasn't good enough at basketball or any number of other things. While it's still even remotely possible I guess I'll hold out hope.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Ok. So do we also sign Danario Alexander, Steve Smith, Plaxico Burress, Sidney Rice, Santonio Holmes, Austin Collie, and Miles Austin? After all, they've shown they can play in the NFL and what's the harm?

"Why not" just isn't a satisfactory enough argument for me. I saw him play last year. I don't think he has anything left. And he's always been a knucklehead off the field. Not a guy I really want in the locker-room. Hell, give me DX over Britt.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Isn't he kind of a knucklehead? I'm not sure I'd want someone like that near our young, impressionable, WR

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok. So do we also sign Danario Alexander, Steve Smith, Plaxico Burress, Sidney Rice, Santonio Holmes, Austin Collie, and Miles Austin? After all, they've shown they can play in the NFL and what's the harm?

"Why not" just isn't a satisfactory enough argument for me. I saw him play last year. I don't think he has anything left. And he's always been a knucklehead off the field. Not a guy I really want in the locker-room. Hell, give me DX over Britt.

Why not is not my argument, its was my attempt to understand yours. I've already stated my reasons for thinking its a good move

1)He's proven that he can play at a high level in the nfl
2)The success he had came under our current head coach, maybe he can bring that out of him again
3)perhaps a change of scenery (with a stronger locker room) will do wonders

I never mentioned any of the other guys you referenced so that argument holds little water to me.

So thats my reasoning, yours seems to be no he won't

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The following was taken from the comment section on Kenny from TsT

"DO NOT SIGN BRITT I REPEAT DO NOT SIGN BRITT!
Said it in the other post and I’ll say it again. I played against him in High school and know Britt personally and have a lot of friends that are very close to him. He’s from Bayonne, NJ only a few mins from me in Jersey City. He’s a good guy who looks out for his friends but he doesn’t know how to say no. He is still running around the projects with the same minions. He can not stay out of trouble he is still trying to do street shit when he’s never been in the streets. I know Fisher knows him from Tenn. but we can not afford to have distractions on the youngest team in theNFL. I know where he will be and with who in the off-season, we are better off without him." -KarmaCarnage

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't he kind of a knucklehead? I'm not sure I'd want someone like that near our young, impressionable, WR

He does have a history of misbehaving. However fisher has already coached the guy and we have a strong nucleus of high character guys in our locker room, I doubt kenny would come in and override them.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

Man...go enjoy college bro. Find some pussy.