Kareem Hunt...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Add Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk together and you might figure it out.

Really?

And there's a world of difference between that video and what Hunt did. He kept going back after that girl. In the vid you linked that may have been more than he needed to do but he defended himself then left the situation. Hunts video he clearly doesn't do that.

And she didn't keep going back after him?

The amount of cognitive dissonance in this post is staggering.

Pretty sure after that second statement, touve rendered the first statement moot.

No way no how. There is a distinct difference. Seriously, what's happening in this board? I suppose everybody inappropriating me has the utmost respect for imelda marcos, just as one example.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Should one stupid non harmful action really ruin a young mans life?

What he did was despicable no doubt, but life destroying...at age 23?

Some of you virtue signallers musta had a pretty boring “yoot”

Can we not?

Firstly, I haven’t read anyone say he should be banned for life.

Secondly, labeling those who are damned sick and tired of men hitting (and worse) women as “virtue signallers” is only going to start an ugly fight.

So maybe don’t go there?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t disagree.

At the same time, what player is do dense ad to NOT realize that in the wake of the Ray Rice scandal, the worst thing you can do for your career is lie or cover up your bad activity.

If the Chiefs hadn’t released him, the NFL may have HEAVILY sanctioned the team and ownership.

He will probably play again, but he’s now on the LeGarrette Blount money track not the Todd Gurley money track. And he very well may miss a year.

And that presumes the NFL doesn’t ban him for a year for lying to the club.

I'm not sold at all that he lied. The Chiefs have two outs once the video comes out:
1. They didn't know; or
2. They did know, but Hunt wasn't honest about what happened.

Otherwise, the only other option is admit they knew, they didn't care, keep him, and hope it blows over soon. Option #1 is off the table because reporters were already saying that the Chiefs knew. That only leaves Option #2. It's the only out they have.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
/ignore

No use getting banned and adding to the toxicity.

And PSA, violence against women isn’t funny and minimizing it says bad things about you as a person.

How would you like me to react to a person that insulted me as a human being?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
He didn't kick her in the face. Yeah, Ray Rice's incident was a lot worse.

You’re right, it was worse... and I’m personally tired of anyone trying to find the “acceptable” level of violence that a young man can commit and still be entitled to earn a living in an entertainment venue.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Times have changed everyone is ultra sensitive...Its a business and you have a point to a certain degree, but is it “really” worth the risk. Think image.

It’s not.

Over the last 10 years, virtually all of the fan growth in the US is among women. The male fan base has remained a relative constant. So no, it’s no longer worth it like it may have been. Look at the backlash the Cowboys endured over Hardy. It wasn’t pretty.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Maybe everyone can stop raggin on the NFL now.

Probably not gonna happen. Also, I find it unsettling that the authorities didn't give the video to the NFL, but somehow TMZ was able to obtain AND release it.

Easy, TMZ paid a security guard with access. NFL just asks and if the answer is no, they shrug and walk away.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You’re right, it was worse... and I’m personally tired of anyone trying to find the “acceptable” level of violence that a young man can commit and still be entitled to earn a living in an entertainment venue.

None of it is acceptable. But that's for the legal system to sort out.

KayJay

Starter
I've had a couple of encounters in the past (way back) with drunk women at bars & clubs before. Most (if not all) know that most (not all) men won't retaliate no matter how loud and violent they get with a man. I had one throw a drink in my face and then take some swings at me. What do you do? Get hit? I really had no choice but to palm her face and push her backwards (being drunk, she fell). I wasn't going to start pounding her or anything, but I also wasn't going to sit there and get swung on either. My story isn't the same as Hunt's. He had every opportunity to remove himself from the situation because there were plenty of people around trying to help him do just that. But still. Loud mouth chicks need to stop testing men like that. It really isn't fair that we're expected to do nothing in those situations simply because they're women and the weaker sex. If you're a woman, and the weaker sex - then ... you know ... act like it.
Not going to lie my man, I am the biggest advocate for chivalry and just walking away. But everything you said is absolutely true. This kind of shit happens all the time. At the same time, as an athlete you have to know to control your f*cking anger. Its the equivalent to being a person of high status using a racial slur. You have to know shit is going to go south if anyone catches you on audio or video. Its your money bro, you're messing it up yourself. Honestly, if you would of just pushed her, I think he would of been fine. But the kick afterwords made it x10 worse. But I completely agree with you X. That shit needs to stop. Now we can expect the NFL to respond accordingly.

Prepare yourselves for several commercials involving athletes and domestic violence. Nothing wrong with that, but now the NFL has to do some serious PR work for like the 100th time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It seems odd anyone defending this shit. You are a physical freak - you extricate yourself from the situation. PERIOD!

Sometimes chicks take advantage of being chicks and go WAY too far. I get that. So you get the fuck away from her. I’m sure there are plenty of means for him to do just that.

You just don’t go there. ESPECIALLY if you are someone as physically “gifted” as Hunt. Even if you’re not, there is nothing to be gained by insisting you’re right in a situation like this. IMO, it’s simply inexcusable. Push her away - ok. Then get the fuck out.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
None of it is acceptable. But that's for the legal system to sort out.

No.

We already know no charges were filed.

The NFL is a private cartel.

Even with anti-trust exemptions and union contracts, there are legit “morals” clauses as you know where a company has the right to terminate services in order to protect itself from the harm that would come as a result of retaining a person.

People have been fired for a single racist or sexist post on their private social media account. The idea that the assault had to rise to criminal levels which in some jurisdictions is extraordinarily difficult because the defendant refuses to come forward is silly. You know how hard it is to prosecute violence against women WITH solid evidence AND a cooperative victim. Companies are allowed as they should be to protect themselves. Also, how many death threats would that woman have gotten if she’d decided to press her case and fight for charges to be filed?

And because the legal system sucks at dealing with this, consumers are holding companies accountable.

So, no, it’s not about what’s legal, it’s about what consumers will tolerate and that tolerance is growing shorter by the day.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Huh? Do you think I made a comment about someone's character on here? I never do that!

That wasnt directed at you specifically, it appeared more a general comment to the board.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I removed a few "inappropriate" ratings that were not inappropriate to our rules.

Touchy subjects, like this one, bring about more contentious debate. It makes them difficult topics sometimes, but different opinion is what drives discussion. We need to embrace that as the rules are followed.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Have to control yourself. Especially if you’re that powerful. The fact that he sent those guys across the room while trying to be contained is insane.

fearsomefour

Legend
It seems odd anyone defending this crap. You are a physical freak - you extricate yourself from the situation. PERIOD!

Sometimes chicks take advantage of being chicks and go WAY too far. I get that. So you get the freak away from her. I’m sure there are plenty of means for him to do just that.

You just don’t go there. ESPECIALLY if you are someone as physically “gifted” as Hunt. Even if you’re not, there is nothing to be gained by insisting you’re right in a situation like this. IMO, it’s simply inexcusable. Push her away - ok. Then get the freak out.
Agreed.
It was 3:20 am. A group of young people hanging out at a hotel.
Odds any of them were sober hover around 0%.
Doesn't change what was done and he is paying the price.
It may or may not end up being the end of his career. He is young and very talented so I would suspect he will end up back on a roster at some point in the future if he jumps through the appropriate hoops. But, who knows? Maybe not.
The idea that KC was offended by him being dishonest and not by his actions is sort of lame to me. Basically, there were perfectly welcome to let him do his thing until it all played out. Which is fine. An accusation is not proof. An arrest is not guilt. But, I find it hard to believe the team wasn't very aware of what happened before the video surfaced.
Like it or not, they made a business decision and now they've made another one.
The video does these guys in.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not going to lie my man, I am the biggest advocate for chivalry and just walking away. But everything you said is absolutely true. This kind of crap happens all the time. At the same time, as an athlete you have to know to control your f*cking anger. Its the equivalent to being a person of high status using a racial slur. You have to know crap is going to go south if anyone catches you on audio or video. Its your money bro, you're messing it up yourself. Honestly, if you would of just pushed her, I think he would of been fine. But the kick afterwords made it x10 worse. But I completely agree with you X. That crap needs to stop. Now we can expect the NFL to respond accordingly.

Prepare yourselves for several commercials involving athletes and domestic violence. Nothing wrong with that, but now the NFL has to do some serious PR work for like the 100th time.
Yeah. Agreed. He lost his cool and was able to get her off of him while making his point, but everything else after that makes him culpable. There's norhing to be gained by asserting your physical dominance over a woman incapable of matching your strength. Even if she's begging for a fight. Zero upside to it.

"Did you see me beat that chick's ass!?"

Wow. You're a straight up beast.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Scared me for a second, heard on the radio, “some disturbing news concerning last year’s rushing champion”. Then I remembered, “that’s right Gurley DIDN’T win it last year”, maybe should’ve but Hunt slipped past when TG didn’t play.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Only time I got physical with a "female"...was working in a haunted house and 3 big samoan girls came through and were spraying the actors in the face with a can of fake snow. When they got me as I was coming out of a coffin, I snapped and chased them down. Grabbed one and held her in up against a wall (in full Dracula costume) and growled a few angry words. They got out of there fast. I didn't get kicked out of the production but the show security advised me not to get involved with customers again.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
It's staggering that anyone can defend those actions, as a women on this board I have no problem hanging with he boys as it were most of the time but a few posters here have now made me extremely uncomfortable and I really question them being allowed to stay here

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Some of you virtue signallers musta had a pretty boring “yoot”

I'm only a year older then Hunt so I know what it's like to be a "yoot" in 2018. I've never once hit a 105 pound woman who wouldn't fuck one of my friends. I've never once gone back in to a situation that my friends have held me back from 6-7 times. I've been way drunker then Hunt was in this video so I know being liquored up is no excuse. I don't want to hang him from the gallows, I just think he shouldn't play football until next year. Especially because he has yet to own up to it and his statement reeked of "I'm sorry she made me hit her."

Not to mention how he lied about it last winter. Awful situation. Awful person. Hope he does learn from it but I doubt it. And blaming it on people not having a wild youth? Man I dunno what your aiming at here but you must not be thinking straight. As I said, I used to get in to some wild situations and yet I've always avoided situations like the one Hunt got himself in to. Wonder why?

Status
Not open for further replies.