Kareem Hunt...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Punch your wife one time, you are a domestic abuser. Better?

Like I said, how many punches does he need to throw at another human being before we can call him what he is?
Still. Comparing a child molester to someone in a fit if anger doesn't add up for me.
You're beside the point of comaparison.
I've seen a ton of people do very regrettable things when drunk and/or angry. Things that are normally out of their normal personality.
Molesting a child is not a spur of the moment regrettable mistake.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Still. Comparing a child molester to someone in a fit if anger doesn't add up for me.
You're beside the point of comaparison.

It was never a comparison, it was an illustration - albeit clearly a distracting one.

The point is, you don’t have to have multiple offenses to be considered an offender.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It was never a comparison, it was an illustration - albeit clearly a distracting one.

The point is, you don’t have to have multiple offenses to be considered an offender.
Agreed.
I been pretty pissed off. Sober and drunk, yet have never struck a woman.
I did have to push my ex wife off of me one time, when she was having a PTSD episode. That was the last night in our relationship. I packed up and left until the divorce was final. I even let her stay in MY house until the end.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't understand the need to get all bent out of shape with other posters over this. Whether you see what he did as a terrible beating, or whether you see it as a drunk idiot letting a girl rile him up and throwing a kick at her (my view), we should be able to discuss without all the hard feelings.

The dude is an idiot and probably an angry POS with no respect for women. But to act like his career is over is not realistic. IMO.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The article you linked was very vague-- perhaps the other guy punched Hunt first? If so, what then?

Going by your overly simplistic logic, there's no difference between manslaughter and homicide.

Does speeding make me an outlaw? What about jaywalking? Does playing cards with friends make me guilty of embezzlement from the government? C'mon.

Manslaughter is a type of homicide.

Speeding makes you a speeder. Jaywalking makes you a jaywalker. I’m not going to pretend to understand your embezzlement question.

…..

Legend

22 years ago- Random stand up guy has the following interaction with the judge after being sentenced to 30 days in jail for public intoxication, eluding police, and tresspassing.

Random guy shocked after the gavel slams down- "But your Honor, I have no record. A good job. I'm not a common criminal!"

Judge- "Son let me tell you something, you broke the law and I dont care about your record. In the eyes of Newport Beach and the State of California you are, in fact, very much considered a criminal."

I have no idea who that random guy was.....:whistle:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
22 years ago- Random stand up guy has the following interaction with the judge after being sentenced to 30 days in jail for public intoxication, eluding police, and tresspassing.

Random guy shocked after the gavel slams down- "But your Honor, I have no record. A good job. I'm not a common criminal!"

Judge- "Son let me tell you something, you broke the law and I dont care about your record. In the eyes of Newport Beach and the State of California you are, in fact, very much considered a criminal."

I have no idea who that random guy was.....:whistle:
The judge let that knucklehead off way to easy

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's like everybody doesn't realise Joe mixon and tyreek hill are playing in the league.

What Mixon did was two years before he was in the NFL so they cannot do anything to him. Same with Hill.

Should one stupid non harmful action really ruin a young mans life?

What he did was despicable no doubt, but life destroying...at age 23?

Some of you virtue signallers musta had a pretty boring “yoot”

How is a suspension going to ruin his life? That's a ridiculous position.

Times have changed everyone is ultra sensitive

That may help bring some change. People being less patient with shitty behavior IMO is a perfectly fine thing.

I had one throw a drink in my face and then take some swings at me. What do you do? Get hit?

I agree 100%, a line can be crossed and there is a point where a woman loses the ability to her gender be a shield. I would have no problem punching out a woman to defend myself. Once it becomes physical gender isn't the issue.

People are welcome to think I am an icehole, but I have no issue with what the guy did here.

It's shocking that you are OK with him going after her and needing to be held back by friends. He is in full blown attack mode, even after his friends get him down the hallway a bit he comes back at her.

You have no problem with that?

No problem with him kicking a woman who is not fully conscious from hitting her head on the wall because of the force of his actions?

Easy, TMZ paid a security guard with access. NFL just asks and if the answer is no, they shrug and walk away.

No private business is going to offer up a tape of an incident like this out of fear of lawsuits.

The person being assaulted can sue the business for not having proper security.

but now the NFL has to do some serious PR work for like the 100th time.

They are terrible at managing this type of thing. Total head in the sand posture.

But this kind of interaction starts a lot sooner in life and as a society we haven't found a way to change it.

Slowly more people are saying to themselves "hey, that's not OK". But as we see in this thread there is still work to do.

This wasn't self defense, it was battery.

Calling Hunt a thug is simply unfair.
He's been clean before this.

No, he has not been "clean" he has had at least one possibly two other issues and one was with a woman. Another was him punching a guy in the face.

KC hiding behind the inability to review the security footage is just a farce.
If TMZ can get it, so can the NFL

TMZ has an advantage. They can be nefarious where the team and league can't be.

So flipping a hotel employee some cash for a copy of the tape is within the realm for them but not for the Chiefs or NFL.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Which should be recognized by all genders. Not only males

Yes I agree with that completely.

Change of this order is slow, but it happens. People will resist shifts in societal "norms" even if they are out of place in an ever evolving and changing world.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This thread is locked. Why?

(a) every member interested in posting their point of view has had their chance to do so

(b) it has morphed from an NFL player getting caught being abusive to a woman, into a circular argument for which there is no end and is causing divisiveness among the membership

(c) Before locking a thread I always first ask myself "Is this entertaining? Is this informative? Is this doing anyone any good?" In this case the answer to all three questions is a resounding "No!"

***Any other mod or admin may of course overrule this with no hard feelings on my part***

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's shocking that you are OK with him going after her and needing to be held back by friends. He is in full blown attack mode, even after his friends get him down the hallway a bit he comes back at her.

You have no problem with that?

No problem with him kicking a woman who is not fully conscious from hitting her head on the wall because of the force of his actions?
He was talking about the video he posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.