Kareem Hunt...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

…..

Legend
I'm not judging either way....but if you ask me, the female in this video is the only one who landed a good shot.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
She definitely put her hands on him first, so I don't think he initiated anything.

Really? I may have to go back and rewatch because from what I saw he shoved her, she slapped him, he shoved buddy then kicked her. Gonna have to rewatch. Either way, she's 110 pounds at the most. He's 200 + pounds. Male or female you have a responisbility to not beat up people you have 100 pounds on. This is just common sense. Unless your life is in danger you don't hit people that much smaller then you.

You're asking me to predict the outcome of a hypothetical situation, by the very definition of the word.

You can predict peoples behaviour. We do it all the time in every single aspect of life. All the people in here saying they were bouncers and saw women hit men or whatever. They understand this. Bouncers predict peoples behaviour all the time. Do you think he was running for her to explain why he was wrong and why he felt sorry? I'm not a cop. I'm not a prosecutor. I'm just a guy on the internet who knows exactly how that situation was going to go down if he got his hands on her without someone holding him back. Would he have gone Ray Rice on her? Probably not. Would he have done more damage then he did? Of course.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Really? I may have to go back and rewatch because from what I saw he shoved her, she slapped him, he shoved buddy then kicked her. Gonna have to rewatch. Either way, she's 110 pounds at the most. He's 200 + pounds. Male or female you have a responisbility to not beat up people you have 100 pounds on. This is just common sense. Unless your life is in danger you don't hit people that much smaller then you.

You can predict peoples behaviour. We do it all the time in every single aspect of life. All the people in here saying they were bouncers and saw women hit men or whatever. They understand this. Bouncers predict peoples behaviour all the time. Do you think he was running for her to explain why he was wrong and why he felt sorry? I'm not a cop. I'm not a prosecutor. I'm just a guy on the internet who knows exactly how that situation was going to go down if he got his hands on her without someone holding him back. Would he have gone Ray Rice on her? Probably not. Would he have done more damage then he did? Of course.
Common sense is not picking a fight with someone who's bigger, faster, and stronger than you.
The women in the video was not innocent....at all.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Really? I may have to go back and rewatch because from what I saw he shoved her, she slapped him, he shoved buddy then kicked her. Gonna have to rewatch.

No, you're right in that sequence of events. I edited my post after rewatching.

Either way, she's 110 pounds at the most. He's 200 + pounds. Male or female you have a responisbility to not beat up people you have 100 pounds on.

Pushing someone out of your face is considered "beating up" now? That's an exaggeration. And while I agree that men shouldn't put their hands on women, women need to know that not every man follows that principle, and you're not exactly invincible based on your sex, in the real world.

Do you think he was running for her to explain why he was wrong and why he felt sorry?

It doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what you, or anyone else, thinks. What you described there in jest isn't the only other option to the scenario laid out. What if she said something that triggered him and he was just acting like that to intimidate her? That's also a possibility. Suggesting that his punishment should be based on what you predict his next course of action would've been based on his prior behavior, in this scenario, is ludicrous.

Would he have gone Ray Rice on her? Probably not. Would he have done more damage then he did? Of course.

You have absolutely no way of knowing. You can't predict the future.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Common sense is not picking a fight with someone who's bigger, faster, and stronger than you.

Wow. So you know what happened prior to the video? She was just spontaneously hysterical for no reason, and things hadn't happened at the party, and she was not called names that to women are as extreme as the n word is to a black man? And when Hunt's friend wanted sex with her, he was perfectly polite and didn't touch her or anything? I mean, you know that for a fact? Or are you just assuming that nothing happened prior to the video, which began with the altercation at full force?

Ellard80

Legend
I'm a middle school teacher - and one thing that I occasionally deal with is girls hitting, slapping or antagonizing boys.

99% of the time boys will never respond with real physical aggression because they know there is no way they can win the

situation and the girls know this and take full advantage.

Now a great number of people don't engage in this social dysfunction - but it's very real. TMZ, Jerry Springer.. ect ect.
My point is that this behavior is learned at a very young age - long before being drunk at a bar.

So yeah Hunt should be suspended - he probably didn't cross the line at first - but the kick went too far.

But this kind of interaction starts a lot sooner in life and as a society we haven't found a way to change it.

fearsomefour

Legend
Meh. Lot of assumed bull crap in this post but for my own sanity just not gonna bother replying. It'd be awfully narcasistic of me to suggest maybe people who defend woman beaters should take a long look at themselves in the mirror.
I agreed with the part about folks needing to look in the mirror.
We all do for various reasons I would assume.

Liberator

Pro Bowler

We're discussing Kareem Hunt on here if you want to discuss her you can go to a forum about whatever it is she does for a living. I have no idea of her innocence because I don't care.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Drunk kids doing drunk things. Doesn't seem like anyone was seriously injured, and they should all be thankful for that. Like I said, it doesn't seem as if this is a recurring thing with Hunt as this is the only instance I could find, so if that's the case, I agree with jrry32 and this thing will blow over-- probably before the start of next season.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/06...es-man-ohio-resort-kansas-city-chiefs-report/

Report: Kareem Hunt punches man at Ohio resort

by Matt Conner5 months agoFollow @MattConnerAA
The Kansas City Chiefs might have a situation on their hands with a TMZ report that Kareem Hunt has punched a man over the weekend at a resort.

The Kansas City Chiefs are likely trying to piece together as much information as they can and bring running back Kareem Hunt in for some answers after TMZ published a report that the team’s star running back got into an altercation in Ohio over the weekend.

Hunt was reportedly at Put in Bay in northern Ohio where he had partied over the weekend. Hunt and a man reportedly got into an altercation and Hunt proceeded to punch the man at some point. Fortunately for the team and the player, no medical attention was needed and no one was arrested.

What is frustrating about this particular situation is that Hunt has had two such instances this offseason. Four month ago, Hunt and a woman filed cross complaintsalleging that the other had caused an altercation. Hunt was accused of shoving the woman, but Hunt’s side was that the woman was actually the one who had assaulted him.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm a middle school teacher - and one thing that I occasionally deal with is girls hitting, slapping or antagonizing boys.

99% of the time boys will never respond with real physical aggression because they know there is no way they can win the

situation and the girls know this and take full advantage.

Now a great number of people don't engage in this social dysfunction - but it's very real. TMZ, Jerry Springer.. ect ect.
My point is that this behavior is learned at a very young age - long before being drunk at a bar.

So yeah Hunt should be suspended - he probably didn't cross the line at first - but the kick went too far.

But this kind of interaction starts a lot sooner in life and as a society we haven't found a way to change it.
In most cases I'm sure this is right.
Or he may have lost his crap.
Either way I'm sure he will be charged (if he hasn't been already) and rightfully so.
It will be interesting to see how the league handles it.
If he is suspended I would think a very long suspension is in order.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I'm not judging either way....but if you ask me, the female in this video is the only one who landed a good shot.

And the person in the wrong, the most, is the dude who snatched that chick's phone.
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/06...es-man-ohio-resort-kansas-city-chiefs-report/

Report: Kareem Hunt punches man at Ohio resort

by Matt Conner5 months agoFollow @MattConnerAA
The Kansas City Chiefs might have a situation on their hands with a TMZ report that Kareem Hunt has punched a man over the weekend at a resort.

The Kansas City Chiefs are likely trying to piece together as much information as they can and bring running back Kareem Hunt in for some answers after TMZ published a report that the team’s star running back got into an altercation in Ohio over the weekend.

Hunt was reportedly at Put in Bay in northern Ohio where he had partied over the weekend. Hunt and a man reportedly got into an altercation and Hunt proceeded to punch the man at some point. Fortunately for the team and the player, no medical attention was needed and no one was arrested.

What is frustrating about this particular situation is that Hunt has had two such instances this offseason. Four month ago, Hunt and a woman filed cross complaintsalleging that the other had caused an altercation. Hunt was accused of shoving the woman, but Hunt’s side was that the woman was actually the one who had assaulted him.

So the only other instance with Hunt is throwing a punch at another dude. Okay.

Judging from the headlines, you would think Hunt has a history of abusing women. Doesn't seem to be the case.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
And the person in the wrong, the most, is the dude who snatched that chick's phone.

So the only other instance with Hunt is throwing a punch at another dude. Okay.

Judging from the headlines, you would think Hunt has a history of abusing women. Doesn't seem to be the case.

How many punches does it take before we say a guy has a problem controlling his anger?

If you molest one child, you are a child molester. No?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
You don’t have to have been knocked unconscious to have been assaulted. If someone knocked your mom into a wall and onto the ground then kicked her back to the ground as she was trying to get up - you would consider her assaulted - no matter how she was acting that led up to it.

Self defense is a real thing - but this wasn’t that.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Wow. So you know what happened prior to the video? She was just spontaneously hysterical for no reason, and things hadn't happened at the party, and she was not called names that to women are as extreme as the n word is to a black man? And when Hunt's friend wanted sex with her, he was perfectly polite and didn't touch her or anything? I mean, you know that for a fact? Or are you just assuming that nothing happened prior to the video, which began with the altercation at full force?
Did I say any of that? No I didn't so dont put words in my mouth.
Yv:vvb;hQ
Do you know any of the things you claimed to be a fact? No you don't.
Still doesnt change the fact she had no chance in that altercation...none.
Would you pick a fight with Mike tyson?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many punches does it take before we say a guy has a problem controlling his anger?

If you molest one child, you are a child molester. No?

an old irishman shuffles into a bar at sundown with his eyes low and his head down the bartender says "ay, billy! whats the matter. you seem troubled" billy responds with "you see this bar we're standing in. I built it with me own hands! but they don't call me the bar builder, no!

and the bridge everyone uses to cross the river to get to the market, i built that that with me own hands too! but do the call me the bridge builder? no, they do not.

and the wall that protects our city, i built that with me own hands too! and they don't call me the wall builder neither.

BUT YOU FUCK ONE GOAT!...

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did I say any of that? No I didn't so dont put words in my mouth.

You said that "The women in the video was not innocent....at all.". That implies you know what happened prior to the video.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
We're discussing Kareem Hunt on here if you want to discuss her you can go to a forum about whatever it is she does for a living. I have no idea of her innocence because I don't care.
Then you shouldn't be commenting on this subject because you're clearly bias. They were two parties at fault here, if you only want to talk about one then why are we even having this discussion?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Then you shouldn't be commenting on this subject because you're clearly bias. They were two parties at fault here, if you only want to talk about one then why are we even having this discussion?

Very fine people on both sides

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
You said that the woman wasn't innocent - "not at all". That implies you know what happened prior to the video.
No it doesn't.
Did you watch the same video as me?
You really trying to tell me she's innocent In all of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.