Kareem Hunt...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Mods might want to go ahead and lock this thread. I dont see this being a civil discussion all around.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Mods might want to go ahead and lock this thread. I dont see this being a civil discussion all around.
Might be a good idea, as some seem to think his actions are justified. And many of us dont think it is ever ok to hit a woman. Just agree to disagree.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those saying it may have been self defense. There has to be a threat to your well being in order for you to defend yourself. I find it hard to believe a 19 yr old girl could pose any threat to any grown man, especially a player in the NFL.

This wasn't self defense. But I don't buy the argument that a man can't defend himself when a 19 year old woman is assaulting him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I haven't seen one person in this thread say his actions are justified. Did I miss it?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've had a couple of encounters in the past (way back) with drunk women at bars & clubs before. Most (if not all) know that most (not all) men won't retaliate no matter how loud and violent they get with a man. I had one throw a drink in my face and then take some swings at me. What do you do? Get hit? I really had no choice but to palm her face and push her backwards (being drunk, she fell). I wasn't going to start pounding her or anything, but I also wasn't going to sit there and get swung on either. My story isn't the same as Hunt's. He had every opportunity to remove himself from the situation because there were plenty of people around trying to help him do just that. But still. Loud mouth chicks need to stop testing men like that. It really isn't fair that we're expected to do nothing in those situations simply because they're women and the weaker sex. If you're a woman, and the weaker sex - then ... you know ... act like it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some franchises have morals and care about doing the right thing, not all, but some. The video shows all I need to see to know Hunt is nothing but a punk ass bitch, and very stupid as well. Dude was set for life, thanx to his God given talent and he throws it away because some girl said something that hurt his feelings.

The Chiefs don't have morals.

At some point the NFL needs to step up and stop making role models out of these punk ass bitches that think they can get away with anything because they have a rare talent. Not all teams care about PR or character, the league should care if they want to grow their viewing audience.

The NFL doesn't make role models out of anyone. Those guys are in the NFL because they are great at football. It's up to the parents to make sure their kids are looking up to the right people.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I haven't seen one person in this thread say his actions are justified. Did I miss it?
Maybe I miss understood the self defense claims. I thought they were justifying what he did. But in order for it to be self defense his safety would have to be threatened and it clearly wasnt. She posed no threat to him in any way and he appeared to be the aggressor based on the video.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've had a couple of encounters in the past (way back) with drunk women at bars & clubs before. Most (if not all) know that most (not all) men won't retaliate no matter how loud and violent they get with a man. I had one throw a drink in my face and then take some swings at me. What do you do? Get hit? I really had no choice but to palm her face and push her backwards (being drunk, she fell). I wasn't going to start pounding her or anything, but I also wasn't going to sit there and get swung on either. My story isn't the same as Hunt's. He had every opportunity to remove himself from the situation because there were plenty of people around trying to help him do just that. But still. Loud mouth chicks need to stop testing men like that. It really isn't fair that we're expected to do nothing in those situations simply because they're women and the weaker sex. If you're a woman, and the weaker sex - then ... you know ... act like it.

Case in point:

People are welcome to think I am an asshole, but I have no issue with what the guy did here. Anyone who has been in a bar like that knows you have to push your way to the counter to get served. He was only trying to get to the counter. She took offense for whatever reason, tried to block him, confronted him, and then started to waive her first in his face. He grabbed her arm, she started throwing punches, and he hit her.

Both sides are at fault for what happened, but I don't think she deserves sympathy for starting a fight she couldn't win. Like you said, X, some women try to take advantage of the fact that most men won't respond. It's silly. I'm 6'1" 230. If a 5'5" 140 pound dude gets in my face and starts trying to swing on me, nobody is going to look at me funny for doing what I have to do to either back the dude off or end the fight. But if a 5'10" 170 pound woman does the same thing, I'm supposed to either take it or find a way to retreat? Yeah, that's not going to happen.

I've never hit a woman. I hope I never will. But if a woman starts trying to attack me, I'll do what I have to do to defend myself.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Chiefs Super Bowl chances jut went down,, imo..What a blow to Chefs fans.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Case in point:

People are welcome to think I am an icehole, but I have no issue with what the guy did here. Anyone who has been in a bar like that knows you have to push your way to the counter to get served. He was only trying to get to the counter. She took offense for whatever reason, tried to block him, confronted him, and then started to waive her first in his face. He grabbed her arm, she started throwing punches, and he hit her.

Both sides are at fault for what happened, but I don't think she deserves sympathy for starting a fight she couldn't win. Like you said, X, some women try to take advantage of the fact that most men won't respond. It's silly. I'm 6'1" 230. If a 5'5" 140 pound dude gets in my face and starts trying to swing on me, nobody is going to look at me funny for doing what I have to do to either back the dude off or end the fight. But if a 5'10" 170 pound woman does the same thing, I'm supposed to either take it or find a way to retreat? Yeah, that's not going to happen.

I've never hit a woman. I hope I never will. But if a woman starts trying to attack me, I'll do what I have to do to defend myself.

And there's a world of difference between that video and what Hunt did. He kept going back after that girl. In the vid you linked that may have been more than he needed to do but he defended himself then left the situation. Hunts video he clearly doesn't do that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And there's a world of difference between that video and what Hunt did. He kept going back after that girl. In the vid you linked that may have been more than he needed to do but he defended himself then left the situation. Hunts video he clearly doesn't do that.

As I said, Hunt wasn't acting in self defense. But what he did also isn't a career-ending move in today's NFL. He'll be back. And I can't respect the Chiefs for this move. Frankly, it was a stupid move. JMO.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Nobody respects women more then me.

I have no respect for loud mouthed bitches.

The amount of cognitive dissonance in this post is staggering.

Pretty sure after that second statement, touve rendered the first statement moot.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The NFL got slammed over Ray Rice in Baltimore, for not being strict enough...and then delayed punishment and seeing that video, over and over again. I see playing in the NFL as a massive opportunity and privilege, so why "defend yourself by doing anything but pushing the woman away? I am not interested enough to look up the video or to read through the thread, but remember when honoring the NFL Shield used to matter? I haven't heard that in a very long time.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Man you guys are touchy. Relax, it's not the end of the world as we know it.

Or maybe that kind of crap is totally unacceptable in civilized society.

Respect isn’t just being nice to people you like and principle isn’t just for people you personally deem acceptable.

You can’t just play off the negative reaction to such a gross take as “being touchy”. Maybe don’t be gross?

Robert

Rookie
Nobody respects women more then me.

I have no respect for loud mouthed bitches.

Calling a women that you have never met nor you could hear talking in the video a "loud mouth bitch" yeah you definitely respect them

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
While I hate what he did, this was far from an extreme, career ending situation - even if only because he had the good sense or good luck to have entourage members who actually tried to restrain him.

I would think any team would send him to anger counseling, and require that to be complete before he went back on the field - and warn him that there would be zero tolerance for any incidents.

He deserves punishment, but ending his career for this seems severe - destroying a guy in his early 20s for getting angry at a drunken party. An incident where if there were any injuries, they were minor; and where the victim supposedly has refused to speak with the NFL about it.

There are and should be gradations of punishment - not "you freaked up in a way that the cops weren't concerned, but your career is now over." as the sole punishment.

I don’t disagree.

At the same time, what player is do dense ad to NOT realize that in the wake of the Ray Rice scandal, the worst thing you can do for your career is lie or cover up your bad activity.

If the Chiefs hadn’t released him, the NFL may have HEAVILY sanctioned the team and ownership.

He will probably play again, but he’s now on the LeGarrette Blount money track not the Todd Gurley money track. And he very well may miss a year.

And that presumes the NFL doesn’t ban him for a year for lying to the club.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
try not to over react too much.

go for a walk outside and breath in some fresh air.

/ignore

No use getting banned and adding to the toxicity.

And PSA, violence against women isn’t funny and minimizing it says bad things about you as a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.