JJ Watt Released, signs with Arizona

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
if we're gonna pay that price, I'd rather take a 31 year old Lavonte David.

Also, agree on the Clowney and Ingram take. We could likely get both on a 1 year for $14M...

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pass on that will take Clowney at probably almost a third of that and in a perfect world Clowney and Ingram could probably be had for that amount or close to it. That's a dream scenario for me.

There is no way Clowney is signing somewhere for only $5 million. Same for Ingram.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Also, agree on the Clowney and Ingram take. We could likely get both on a 1 year for $14M...

I doubt David leaves the Bucs, but Id rather have him too.

I'd rather have those two for that price as well, but I'd guess they sign for a combined $20-$24 million

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

Too me that makes us super scary add a veteran inside linebacker a center and we can be dominant. Even without the field stretcher FA. Add that and it would be a lot of fun lol. All you need then is a bit of luck and and keep the injuries to a minimum.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I doubt David leaves the Bucs, but Id rather have him too.

I'd rather have those two for that price as well, but I'd guess they sign for a combined $20-$24 million

We just don't know.

They do have a young gun behind him ready to step up and they have an abundance of choices to make with limited cap dollars.

In a normal year, no way he's gone, but this year? And that Bucs team?

He might be.

And with Morris running the D and an ILB like David back there... the blitz scheme would be improved likely due to disguise efficacy.

It's an idea is all.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
There is no way Clowney is signing somewhere for only $5 million. Same for Ingram.

Clowney projects by many that he will ink a prove it one year deal 6-7 million. Ingram is 32 yrs old. To stat in LA maybe he sign below market but that said even if Ingram takes 10 million it's still almost 2 for 1 for Watt. Sign me up.

This will be a totally free agent market. Players that need to prove themselves are taking a bigger cut than initially thought. The players that are cut same. A lot of one year deals will be handed out. Even the superstars will not get the max.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Signed with Cardinals. LOL. It was all about the money then JJ, not about winning.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Signed with Cardinals. LOL. It was all about the money then JJ, not about winning.

The Cardinals??? Really??? I know the dude is a good guy and has been awesome in the Houston community and given a lot but the Cardinals??? Forgetting the money and yes business is business on all sides but at what point do you put winning or in this case even family over it? He didn't go back to Wisconsin. He didn't sign with a definite superbowl team. A team on the rise for sure but not a lock by any stretch. Lastly to play with both your brothers neither. Wow this is shocking.

I haven't seen it reported test I just came straight here but this is a bit lackluster for everything mentioned above.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Watt could make an impact considering the attention that Chandler Jones draws. Still, this smells like Watt wanting to retire in sunny AZ and the Cardinals trying to sell jerseys and act like they're building a contender which is never going to happen until they learn how to draft and mine talent.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Watt could make an impact considering the attention that Chandler Jones draws. Still, this smells like Watt wanting to retire in sunny AZ and the Cardinals trying to sell jerseys and act like they're building a contender which is never going to happen until they learn how to draft and mine talent.
I said the same thing on the other thread about AZ selling merch and giving false hope to fans with a so-called big name signing so I completely agree with you.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Yeah, this doesn’t make me worried even a bit lol

Wilson trade demands about to get lit though ahahahaha

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I said the same thing on the other thread about AZ selling merch and giving false hope to fans with a so-called big name signing so I completely agree with you.
Yeah i've lived here (in the Phoenix metro area) all my life and am very familiar with Arizona sports culture. I could write a book on the Phoenix Suns and why they're 0-52 in winning a championship.

Anyway, Steve Keim is a GM who eats drive-thru rather than keeping groceries stocked at home. They simply are unable to use the draft and UDFA to add and sustain talent.

I can see some benefits adding Watt. Leadership, mentoring. He might even play a full season and get 10 sacks...but how does this move the needle big picture-wise? IMO it doesn't.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That lying bastard said he wanted a contender. No, he wanted money. He should have went to the Bills IMO.