JJ Watt Released, signs with Arizona

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So now does Arizona go all in and package Murray with picks for Watson and become Houston west?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So now does Arizona go all in and package Murray with picks for Watson and become Houston west?

Arizona doesn't have the assets. Picking in the middle of the order each round.

If HOU is smart they want a couple defensive players too. So Budda Baker and who else? No one really jumps out. Who knows with Jacky boy tho. #shoutouttothefish

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bummed the Rams didn't get him, but really odd choice by JJ. Went from a division where his team was the 3rd most talented to a team that is probably the fourth most talented.

And so much for all those people both here and in the media saying "JJ won't come west he's a midwest guy!"

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

WTF - really... sad he is in the NFC West
Maybe Les Snead trades Akers to the Steeler to become Rams North.They can sign Floyd & D.Williams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

If HOU is smart they want a couple defensive players too. So Budda Baker and who else? No one really jumps out. Who knows with Jacky boy tho. #shoutouttothefish

He was signed as a Free Agent. Dude was out there for the pickings.Obviously he thinks Arizona has a chance to win The SuperBowl.
Wait until Jones comes back.
People seem to forget what Andrew Whitworth went up AGAINST in 2019 & playing hurt.2021 is not looking any better for The Rams offensive line.Will see how quick Stafford gets rid of the ball & how Mcvay can set up defenses.
The NFC West is going to be tough.

—Just ask Russell Wilson why he might want of the NFC West even more ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bummed the Rams didn't get him, but really odd choice by JJ. Went from a division where his team was the 3rd most talented to a team that is probably the fourth most talented.

And so much for all those people both here and in the media saying "JJ won't come west he's a midwest guy!"

Yeah - Okay . Don’t sleep on Arizona.They have beaten the Hags twice in a row if memory resides me?
I’m sure JJ knows what he is getting into & wants to win.Then again I hope I’m wrong.

Angry Ram

He was signed as a Free Agent. Dude was out there for the pickings.Obviously he thinks Arizona has a chance to win The SuperBowl.
Wait until Jones comes back.
People seem to forget what Andrew Whitworth went up AGAINST in 2019 & playing hurt.2021 is not looking any better for The Rams offensive line.Will see how quick Stafford gets rid of the ball & how Mcvay can set up defenses.
The NFC West is going to be tough.

—Just ask Russell Wilson why he might want of the NFC West even more ?

I was talking about a potential trade for Deshaun Watson.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You’re missing the key piece in Murray a guy who went to Tech and is from Texas and is on a rookie contract. The first round pick is spent on a defensive player along with say a second this year and you still get a first next year for example when they have their own first as well. Just a crazy idea I had and have seen a few others throw out as well.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And so much for him not getting $16 million a year though I guess he did fall short of that but the guarantees make up for the 500k.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And so much for him not getting $16 million a year though I guess he did fall short of that but the guarantees make up for the 500k.

Well that was the biggest amount that was reported, so that makes sense.

Watt himself came out and said he wanted a chance to win it all - but this signing was obviously 100% about the money. Nothing wrong with that at all - get the money while you can. But to sign with any contender it was going to require him taking less.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah - Okay . Don’t sleep on Arizona.They have beaten the Hags twice in a row if memory resides me?
I’m sure JJ knows what he is getting into & wants to win.Then again I hope I’m wrong.

No Seattle beat them the second time last year.

Before this season when what seemed like EVERYONE was picking them over us, I said I wasn't taking them seriously until they beat us ONE time. Guess what happened? We beat them by double digits twice.

Watt is in that Suh range back when we signed Suh - he's still a really good player, and probably a better value than other players (for example, he and Fowler will be making close to the same amount, but Watt is a much more impactful player) - but he's not the DPOY guy. He's not going to take an awful defense and make them good. His impact would have been better felt with the Bills, Browns, Rams, Ravens, Packers, etc.

Cardinals have question marks at QB, RB, WR, OL, CB and most glaringly, head coach.

Murray has yet to finish an NFL season, and despite putting up decent numbers - maybe it's how it was early on with Russell Wilson where we just played him well, but I'm not seeing it yet with Murray.

Angry Ram

You’re missing the key piece in Murray a guy who went to Tech and is from Texas and is on a rookie contract. The first round pick is spent on a defensive player along with say a second this year and you still get a first next year for example when they have their own first as well. Just a crazy idea I had and have seen a few others throw out as well.

So one first round, a second round, and Kyler this year w/ another 1st in 2022? Seems like a shit deal. I don't think Kyler is all that. Might be perfect for Jack tho. #onefishtwofishredfish

They would have to provide in more first rounders and throw in Buddha Baker.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well that was the biggest amount that was reported, so that makes sense.

Watt himself came out and said he wanted a chance to win it all - but this signing was obviously 100% about the money. Nothing wrong with that at all - get the money while you can. But to sign with any contender it was going to require him taking less.

Yeah Right !! Last season if you go back & look at Injuries The Rams got lucky.I don’t know if you saw the last game of the regular season? I’m glad Wolford was The Rams QB as well.Confidence wise Jared Goff was done.He needed the kick in the butt he got as well.
The Niners beat The Rams twice,but they did make sure injured players stepped up.The rivalry is back on especially with The Rams in LA.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So one first round, a second round, and Kyler this year w/ another 1st in 2022? Seems like a shit deal. I don't think Kyler is all that. Might be perfect for Jack tho. #onefishtwofishredfish

They would have to provide in more first rounders and throw in Buddha Baker.

call it Fantasy Island. The 2 players are disconnected all together. Maybe Houston just let’s Watson walk ? I don’t understand such logic.

Angry Ram

call it Fantasy Island. The 2 players are disconnected all together. Maybe Houston just let’s Watson walk ? I don’t understand such logic.

It's Jack Easterby logic. Makes perfect sense.