JJ Watt Released, signs with Arizona

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Just saw that he was considering the Browns. That actually would be a really good landing spot for him. They have plenty of cap space and it'd allow him to avoid being the most double teamed player at his position like he was this last season because Myles Garrett will be on the other side of the line. All though it puts him in direct competition with his brother on a hated rival so not sure how that'll go. Maybe a tactic to get more money out of the Steelers by his agent lol?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just saw that he was considering the Browns. That actually would be a really good landing spot for him. They have plenty of cap space and it'd allow him to avoid being the most double teamed player at his position like he was this last season because Myles Garrett will be on the other side of the line. All though it puts him in direct competition with his brother on a hated rival so not sure how that'll go. Maybe a tactic to get more money out of the Steelers by his agent lol?

Big mistake if he goes there if he wants to play for a contender.

To me they scream regression. They had 7 wins against bottom 10 teams this year, and while their OL will mostly stay intact, I don't trust Baker.

I don't think they're a contender next year even with Watt.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watt has missed 32 games in the last five years, although he played all 16 games in 2020. This might be like signing Jason Sehorn in his 9th year. Ouch!

Psycho_X

Legend
Watt has missed 32 games in the last five years, although he played all 16 games in 2020. This might be like signing Jason Sehorn in his 9th year. Ouch!

Yeah I go back and forth. If Watt stayed healthy for a whole season plus playoffs I would be excited as hell to watch him next to AD but it is a big gamble. I'm not sure its fair to compare anyone to Jason Seehorn though lol, ouch.

But if Watt is looking for a payday more than playing for the best contender he can kick rocks. I'd rather have some combo of Floyd, JJ3, and Fox resigned than take the gamble regardless.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
At this point Watt is an often injured, big name. He can help but not like you're getting prime JJ.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Yeah I go back and forth. If Watt stayed healthy for a whole season plus playoffs I would be excited as hell to watch him next to AD but it is a big gamble. I'm not sure its fair to compare anyone to Jason Seehorn though lol, ouch.

But if Watt is looking for a payday more than playing for the best contender he can kick rocks. I'd rather have some combo of Floyd, JJ3, and Fox resigned than take the gamble regardless.

Agreed! If, possible!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, no thanks. We could probably keep Floyd and JJ for that amount of money next year.
While I agree no thanks on JJ I seriously doubt the rest. They'll each go around $10 m but likely more.

Psycho_X

Legend
While I agree no thanks on JJ I seriously doubt the rest. They'll each go around $10 m but likely more.

On a per year basis I'm sure Floyd will break it and JJ might, but not necessarily for the year affecting 2021 cap obligation wise. And not saying that would be a smart idea just that for that kind of money we could keep two younger players I'd rather have anyway.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I see this as a good thing for the Rams. If this is the best offer, we could get him for $12-$14 million. He's openly said he's more interested in playing for a contender, and the only "contending" team that can pay him that much is Cleveland, and it would surprise absolutely nobody if they went the way of the Sacksonville Jaguars that everyone thought was going to be a force for years to come. Which I imagine would make Watt hesitant about going there.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I see this as a good thing for the Rams. If this is the best offer, we could get him for $12-$14 million. He's openly said he's more interested in playing for a contender, and the only "contending" team that can pay him that much is Cleveland, and it would surprise absolutely nobody if they went the way of the Sacksonville Jaguars that everyone thought was going to be a force for years to come. Which I imagine would make Watt hesitant about going there.

He’s days away from turning 32. How many years you willing to go?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

Pass on that will take Clowney at probably almost a third of that and in a perfect world Clowney and Ingram could probably be had for that amount or close to it. That's a dream scenario for me.