JJ Watt Released, signs with Arizona

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
16 games twice in the last 5 years? 32 mil for a one armed, injury prone DL? LMFAO!!! That's just the Cardinals being the Cardinals!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No Seattle beat them the second time last year.

Before this season when what seemed like EVERYONE was picking them over us, I said I wasn't taking them seriously until they beat us ONE time. Guess what happened? We beat them by double digits twice.

Watt is in that Suh range back when we signed Suh - he's still a really good player, and probably a better value than other players (for example, he and Fowler will be making close to the same amount, but Watt is a much more impactful player) - but he's not the DPOY guy. He's not going to take an awful defense and make them good. His impact would have been better felt with the Bills, Browns, Rams, Ravens, Packers, etc.

Cardinals have question marks at QB, RB, WR, OL, CB and most glaringly, head coach.

Murray has yet to finish an NFL season, and despite putting up decent numbers - maybe it's how it was early on with Russell Wilson where we just played him well, but I'm not seeing it yet with Murray.

Is Peterson still there ? I think injuries hurt the Cardinals.Say what you want about Murray,against The Rams he was playing hurt. The pick 6 was on the backup.
Peterson,Hopkins,Baker, & Jones.
I like AJ Watt, but Jones & JJ ?

DVontel

Rookie
No Seattle beat them the second time last year.

Before this season when what seemed like EVERYONE was picking them over us, I said I wasn't taking them seriously until they beat us ONE time. Guess what happened? We beat them by double digits twice.

Watt is in that Suh range back when we signed Suh - he's still a really good player, and probably a better value than other players (for example, he and Fowler will be making close to the same amount, but Watt is a much more impactful player) - but he's not the DPOY guy. He's not going to take an awful defense and make them good. His impact would have been better felt with the Bills, Browns, Rams, Ravens, Packers, etc.

Cardinals have question marks at QB, RB, WR, OL, CB and most glaringly, head coach.

Murray has yet to finish an NFL season, and despite putting up decent numbers - maybe it's how it was early on with Russell Wilson where we just played him well, but I'm not seeing it yet with Murray.
He has yet to miss a game.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Unfortunately for him, he is the type of player Havenstein owns. No one beats Rob with power. Speed....sure. but power? Nah. Arizona fans can enjoy his 5 sack season. Lol

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Two thoughts:

1) Fuck you NFC West bitches...roll over already. Does it annoy anybody else that just when the Rams get their shit together, everybody else in the division actually starts trying?

For the better part of two decades, the franchises in this division sat around with their heads up their asses and let the Niners do whatever they wanted. And don't get me started on the AFC East during the Brady years.

2) Local media not sure what to think. Former AZ Republic columnist Dan Bickley may have put it best though on the radio this afternoon:

A luxury item. Like walking into Costco to buy milk and leaving with a 72" TV.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
2) Local media not sure what to think. Former AZ Republic columnist Dan Bickley may have put it best though on the radio this afternoon:

A luxury item. Like walking into Costco to buy milk and leaving with a 72" TV
Lol.
Love me some Bickley. He's the only guy left in local radio that tells it like he sees it, rather than pandering like all the other guys due to affiliation with the local teams and the station they represent.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yeah - Okay . Don’t sleep on Arizona.They have beaten the Hags twice in a row if memory resides me?
I’m sure JJ knows what he is getting into & wants to win.Then again I hope I’m wrong.
I'm sleeping on them. They have no offensive line and need a secondary badly. Murray is going to get killed again because the Cards aren't protecting their greatest asset, but that's fine by me. We have the Cards number. I get respecting the enemy but until they can even win one against us, why worry.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm sleeping on them. They have no offensive line and need a secondary badly. Murray is going to get killed again because the Cards aren't protecting their greatest asset, but that's fine by me. We have the Cards number. I get respecting the enemy but until they can even win one against us, why worry.

I guess The Rams won’t ever beat the Niners again either.The Rams are one of the best teams in the NFL.I’m not going to discount that either.
JJ Watt is just another piece for the Cards. Expensive at that.Funny how some Ram fans think they even had a chance to sign JJ was hilarious to me.
Murray to me is an exciting player & actually would have liked him on The Rams instead of Jared Goff last season.
Especially at his salary cost for the next 3 seasons.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You’re missing the key piece in Murray a guy who went to Tech and is from Texas and is on a rookie contract. The first round pick is spent on a defensive player along with say a second this year and you still get a first next year for example when they have their own first as well. Just a crazy idea I had and have seen a few others throw out as well.

Interesting. I need to think about that... but I can see what you mean.

Texans get Murray
Cards get Watson

Get in here, @DVontel

It really depends on what the Cards think of Murray. He’s looked good the little I’ve seen... but it’s also true that Murray is the littlest I’ve seen. lol

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting. I need to think about that... but I can see what you mean.

Texans get Murray
Cards get Watson

Get in here, @DVontel

It really depends on what the Cards think of Murray. He’s looked good the little I’ve seen... but it’s also true that Murray is the littlest I’ve seen. lol
For clarification with all things being equal I wouldn't trade Watson for Murray IMO that's a downgrade. But you have two teams that have traded before and you have this.

View: https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1365038919843274755?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Watt is a great guy, by all accounts. I am sure I’d really like him.

But... I got to see a few of their games... he looked slower to me. I am so glad the Rams didn’t get involved here.

I am going to keep picking on him.... The other thing I’ve never really liked about Watt the football player... he seems like he’s overbuilt for his body type, or something.

Like... when he retires, he will deflate considerably. Might even look like a skinny dude by comparison.

I can’t help but wonder if that’s part of his durability issue of late.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I guess The Rams won’t ever beat the Niners again either.The Rams are one of the best teams in the NFL.I’m not going to discount that either.
JJ Watt is just another piece for the Cards. Expensive at that.Funny how some Ram fans think they even had a chance to sign JJ was hilarious to me.
Murray to me is an exciting player & actually would have liked him on The Rams instead of Jared Goff last season.
Especially at his salary cost for the next 3 seasons.
We won't beat the 49ers until the QB play improves along with the line. We've got the QB one down, I think, but we still need to shore up that offensive line cuz they punked us last time. I never thought we had a chance at Watt since I knew some team out there was willing to pay for the name. Can Watt be solid, sure, but he isn't worth what he got paid. Murray is an exciting player but that guy was running for his life most of last year. He's not built to keep taking hits like that and if the Cards aren't careful, they'll have damaged goods on their hands.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We won't beat the 49ers until the QB play improves along with the line. We've got the QB one down, I think, but we still need to shore up that offensive line cuz they punked us last time. I never thought we had a chance at Watt since I knew some team out there was willing to pay for the name. Can Watt be solid, sure, but he isn't worth what he got paid. Murray is an exciting player but that guy was running for his life most of last year. He's not built to keep taking hits like that and if the Cards aren't careful, they'll have damaged goods on their hands.

I’m not at the point of predicting the future. Rams salary cap issues where not about a name.Brockers or Havenstien seem like salary cap problems.The Cards having Murray give them that luxury. 2 seasons is a little much,but like a poster said about The Rams signing of Suh.
I don’t think The Rams got Punked.I the DC had The Rams number.The safety’s were playing up daring Goff to go know he won’t.
I have no idea what the Niners are going to look like.If The Rams played them TODAY they would DESTROY them!!! That is not even a prediction.The Rams have a lot of talent.The problem is no Cap space & very few Draft picks.
The Niners are going to improve in the next few months.Kittle & Bosa are All Pro PlYers.