Jeremy Fowler on Camp (Via Blaine)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Agreed. There is a good chance he can be a long term backup for the Rams, but absolutely no chance he can become their starting QB. Too many physical limitations and you cant teach height
Not even all about height. If he was 5-11 and 215 lbs, maybe he could be the guy if he was very talented. Like a young Russ... However he is 26 yrs old and still only 195 lbs.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
The younger Manning is way overrated. His name is his biggest calling card. Similar in a way to Lebrons kid - name sells.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame

Thanks for this. More detail than what I have been able to find thus far. Good he was in uniform. Makes me wonder/hope if it is just a bruise or contusion and they were playing it cautious/icing to keep down swelling. A bad bruise can keep you out weeks. I think LaPorta in Detroit had a bad bruise hold him out of action towards the end of last year or maybe it was in the playoffs before he returned just in time to play the Rams, which it seems is what every player does. But nothing to worry about long-term.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I guess our depth at tackle isn't so good after all. Hopefully these guys can improve and get better after the preseason games. We definitely need our Oline to stay healthy.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The younger Manning is way overrated. His name is his biggest calling card. Similar in a way to Lebrons kid - name sells.
I'm not sure that's fair to the kid. He's unproven but also hasn't had the opportunity to be the guy. Think we'll have to wait til he starts to find out if he's worth the hype.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I guess our depth at tackle isn't so good after all. Hopefully these guys can improve and get better after the preseason games. We definitely need our Oline to stay healthy.
I dislike Noteboom as a starter, and really dislike him as a starter at his pay rate. But at this point, it's a sunk cost. I love him as a first-off-the-bench option! We could definitely use some more depth on the o-line though. Other than Noteboom, it is a bunch of unknowns. Bruss has pedigree. Whatever that is worth. But was apparently awful in what limited action he saw before his injury asa rookie.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I dislike Noteboom as a starter, and really dislike him as a starter at his pay rate. But at this point, it's a sunk cost. I love him as a first-off-the-bench option! We could definitely use some more depth on the o-line though. Other than Noteboom, it is a bunch of unknowns. Bruss has pedigree. Whatever that is worth. But was apparently awful in what limited action he saw before his injury asa rookie.
normally I would agree with you but it sounds like both Noteboom and McClendon got abused in the joint practice vs the Chargers. I'm going to start praying that our Oline starters get healthy fast because I'm afraid the backups are going to get Stafford killed.

dang

Legend
Note doesn’t exude confidence but is skilled enough to fill in if needed. Against better competition he will likely struggle but I believe he can hold his own against average competition. I just don’t ever want to count on him for extended periods of time because of his injury history. Keeping a close eye on Ajax.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Noteboom should be fine as long as you give him some help over there, just please don't leave him on an island.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
normally I would agree with you but it sounds like both Noteboom and McClendon got abused in the joint practice vs the Chargers. I'm going to start praying that our Oline starters get healthy fast because I'm afraid the backups are going to get Stafford killed.
Noteboom is enough of a known commodity that he shouldn't be cause for concern. The Chargers have some elite pass rushers and he's always struggled in pass pro against that type. Otherwise, he's generally solid, but not spectacular, in pass pro and run blocking. He's adequate not to get Stafford killed, but won't be a huge asset. That's what we'll see.

McClendon is cause for concern because he's an unknown. Hopefully, we don't have two tackles missing at the same time during the season. I expect Noteboom would be the first backup for both sides if only one starting OT is missing.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Noteboom should be fine as long as you give him some help over there, just please don't leave him on an island.
Yes. But it is important to note that when you do that a defender who should be handled otherwise by that TE is now freed up to tee off on someone.

Weakness at any one spot thus can result in a bit of an avalanche effect, particularly with protections. Because now maybe that defender starts looping inside to an interior gap on the rush and your OL is blocking more than they can handle. Or he's dropping deep and increasing hazard for throws.