Jeremy Fowler on Camp (Via Blaine)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Exactly.
Which is why I would draft a mid round QB at least every other year, or over draft somebody late in the 1st round to buy the potential 5th year
They drafted Bennett in the fourth and said he’s not meant to be Stafford’s replacement. It seems realistic.

Sure, like a few have said, they could get lucky, like Dallas did with Romo or Dak. Or maybe an Aaron Rodgers drops into the late teens or twenties. But it’s not a realistic scenario to bet the future of the franchise on.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Heh...at your age both of your kidneys are probably more like One!!!

1723235715148.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They drafted Bennett in the fourth and said he’s not meant to be Stafford’s replacement. It seems realistic.

Sure, like a few have said, they could get lucky, like Dallas did with Romo or Dak. Or maybe an Aaron Rodgers drops into the late teens or twenties. But it’s not a realistic scenario to bet the future of the franchise on.
There's no way to bet the future, which is why they should keep opening doors. McVay has seemingly been content with his backups, even after facing the shit show of Wolford/Perkins and then last year's disaster of Rypien & the AWOL Bennett. I have to imagine he's certain that he'll have Stafford around a couple more years but I sure would love to know where he thinks he'll find a replacement. I agree it wont be a top 10 pick

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
McVay & Sarkisian are very close and I do expect the Rams to draft a Texas QB and maybe Ewers slips & Rams take him, but I foresee the Rams making a big move for Arch Manning in 2026.

I’m can’t imagine the package needed to land him… we’d pay it, but no way anyone sells who has that first overall slot

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
McVay & Sarkisian are very close and I do expect the Rams to draft a Texas QB and maybe Ewers slips & Rams take him, but I foresee the Rams making a big move for Arch Manning in 2026.
What kind of odds do you want for that prediction? 1,000-1.
As an udrfa ? He’ll get drafted for his name a lone,but The Rams will always find a QB.
Let’s just ride Matthew Stafford this season & see where The Rams are at.
Mcvay is going to give Stenson a good look to get him ready just in case with w/ Jimmy G being out 2 games to start the season.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The 2025 QB class might be better than advertised.

I don't see Ewers as a slam dunk or anything. He's a talent but in the crunch he's gonna have to show he can win the big games. Also I am not a big fan of Sark, so to me at least that's not a big bonus for him or anything, for my money Milroe is far better set up in that regard. But you also have a big talent in this class potentially in Ward, and media darling Sanders. And Beck is probably the top guy of course.

I'm gonna have an eye on Ewers, also Dart, because it's hard to say who is going to fall where. Dart might not be a starting talent, we'll see, but I like him.

Guy I am most intrigued by is probably Weigman, who has a coolness to him back there which I am a big fan of. He got hurt quick last season, but I suspect he's going to be a big time name this season. Here's all his throws in his debut:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grhx93SicCE

Tano

Legend

I don't see Ewers as a slam dunk or anything. He's a talent but in the crunch he's gonna have to show he can win the big games. Also I am not a big fan of Sark, so to me at least that's not a big bonus for him or anything, for my money Milroe is far better set up in that regard. But you also have a big talent in this class potentially in Ward, and media darling Sanders. And Beck is probably the top guy of course.

I'm gonna have an eye on Ewers, also Dart, because it's hard to say who is going to fall where. Dart might not be a starting talent, we'll see, but I like him.

Guy I am most intrigued by is probably Weigman, who has a coolness to him back there which I am a big fan of. He got hurt quick last season, but I suspect he's going to be a big time name this season. Here's all his throws in his debut:

I like Weigman's ability to throw but every one but one of his throws was to his first read without looking away. The other one was a check down to his RB after the first read was not there. He is going to need to work on that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What kind of odds do you want for that prediction? 1,000-1.
First and Foremost we are looking at 2026 and you never know. Stetson Bennett is not a number 1 NFL caliber signal caller IMHO, but I sure hope he proves me wrong.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Weigman's ability to throw but every one but one of his throws was to his first read without looking away. The other one was a check down to his RB after the first read was not there. He is going to need to work on that.
Yeah he was in his first season last year so no surprise there.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I’m can’t imagine the package needed to land him… we’d pay it, but no way anyone sells who has that first overall slot
Let's not anoint Arch as worthy of the 1st overall pick until he plays an actual game. The dude has completed 2 passes in college. If he's as amazing as advertised, why is Ewers still starting (who I don't find that amazing)?

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty

I'm in the Dart camp as well, hopefully he falls to us without having to move up too much

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
First and Foremost we are looking at 2026 and you never know. Stetson Bennett is not a number 1 NFL caliber signal caller IMHO, but I sure hope he proves me wrong.
Well that is why imo The Rams will find a more veteran QB & not through the draft.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well that is why imo The Rams will find a more veteran QB & not through the draft.
Okay, so you believe they will make another Stafford type deal, I could see that. But I have a feeling, McVay might want to cultivate someone and let him sit behind Stafford for a year or two. Similar to what LaFleur has done in Green Bay with Jordan Love.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am finding it hard to believe that McVay will go into the season with Stetson Bennet as the #2 QB. I thought the guy looked horrible yesterday, although he does seem to have a decent arm. Can those mistakes be fixed? I don't know, but I'm sure McVay will be looking for him to improve over the next few preseason games. If he doesn't improve, I can see Snead signing a backup QB that gets cut towards the end of camp. Make him the #2 QB until Jimmy G comes back and send Bennett to the practice squad.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am finding it hard to believe that McVay will go into the season with Stetson Bennet as the #2 QB. I thought the guy looked horrible yesterday, although he does seem to have a decent arm. Can those mistakes be fixed? I don't know, but I'm sure McVay will be looking for him to improve over the next few preseason games. If he doesn't improve, I can see Snead signing a backup QB that gets cut towards the end of camp. Make him the #2 QB until Jimmy G comes back and send Bennett to the practice squad.
He's #3 Crapopolo is fittingly e ough #2

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let's not anoint Arch as worthy of the 1st overall pick until he plays an actual game. The dude has completed 2 passes in college. If he's as amazing as advertised, why is Ewers still starting (who I don't find that amazing)?

True… and the way he essentially dropped dimes during Spring scrimmage makes the assumption less crazy… he looks the part

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay, so you believe they will make another Stafford type deal, I could see that. But I have a feeling, McVay might want to cultivate someone and let him sit behind Stafford for a year or two. Similar to what LaFleur has done in Green Bay with Jordan Love.
Yeah I agree McVay wants a young starter on the roster behind Stafford. That isn't Bennett. His ceiling is probably QB2, if he can get there.

The hurdle right now is LT. How do they solve that if Jackson doesn't get it done this year. Maybe things work out idk but it seems to me that Les is going to need to find him a round 2-4 underrated and overlooked option which is very hard to pull off with QBs. Or keep playing the castoff lottery until they hit I suppose, but even then most of those guys are short on contract.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah I agree McVay wants a young starter on the roster behind Stafford. That isn't Bennett. His ceiling is probably QB2, if he can get there.

The hurdle right now is LT. How do they solve that if Jackson doesn't get it done this year. Maybe things work out idk but it seems to me that Les is going to need to find him a round 2-4 underrated and overlooked option which is very hard to pull off with QBs. Or keep playing the castoff lottery until they hit I suppose, but even then most of those guys are short on contract.
One advantage of going year to year with Stafford is that the drama of taking a QB in the 1st isn't as big of a deal.