Jared Goff 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambo

UDFA
This whole situation has made me dislike Fisher. First of all how do you expect someone to win the job playing with the 2nd and 3rd string? Its like it was a stacked deck. He's been sacked and pressure constantly and had how many drops? 20? But Fisher demoting him to 3rd string after a fumbled snap, which I think was a weak snap, and just a tipped pass I think was a huge overreaction. I think theres conflict between Goff and Fisher about all this too. Goff just isnt being vocal about it.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Although you can't possibly know that, I hope you're right. The reason you can't possibly know that is because (a) you're not him and (b) he hasn't been in a situation with this much pressure and against this much high-level opposing talent. .

You must've missed the Jon Gruden QB show with Goff. He has been through this before with 1-11 Cal. He got knocked around a lot at first.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
A question Orchid.. Have you seen every one of JG's college snaps from his Freshman and Sophomore seasons? Or have you just seen his Junior year and his preseason snaps with the Rams? Doesn't make me right or wrong because I'm just a message board coach like everyone else. But it is important to me to know this when fellow Rams fans have a strong view on JG and why they have certain views that I can respect either way.....

Not before he was rated highly. Yes I made it a point to watch every game on you tube for hm and WENTZ. Always thought Wentz was better trained and would do better sooner.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I think it's very unrealistic to have expected to know what we have in Goff until at least a couple years at best. QB is something that takes a while. We weren't going to win this year with him. With Case we have a chance to though, so I'm good with all this.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
If he's ready, sure. I'd even want to see Mannion in that situation.
What I'm not in favor of is going from bad to worse just because a guy was drafted in a certain spot.
Having played in the past myself, I can tell you I absolutely hate the idea of entitlement.

Earn it.

That is a fair take and I respect your view... I will not debate that Keenum hasn't earned the job based on camp and preseason. I'm just hoping after a couple of games if the passing game looks more of the same like in 2015 that Fisher will put JG on the field asap. (for reasons I have already explained)

Mannion for me is a whole different conversation and we don't know if he's really going to be the #2 QB in 7 days until we see who the dressed 46 are at Frisco. If Mannion is the true #2 for the first couple of games it will be a closed door on JG for his rookie season barring injuries etc.

Either way I support the Rams starters and I'm a fan of wins first and always will be. JG's day will come and I will hold out faith it will be this season but not at the expense of the Rams loosing. Thanks for your humble response -X-

Rams_Mock16.jpg

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
You must've missed the Jon Gruden QB show with Goff. He has been through this before with 1-11 Cal. He got knocked around a lot at firs

There is a difference. Tell me a QB from that system that has made the transition to the pros. He may have the talent, brains and guts to succeed, but he will be the first.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Not before he was rated highly. Yes I made it a point to watch every game on you tube for hm and WENTZ. Always thought Wentz was better trained and would do better sooner.

Oh really? So you have seen every game and snap of his Freshman and Sophomore year? every snap? ON YOUTUBE? hmmm that is very interesting Orchid..

You can post these youtube links of his 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 8th game from Youtube from his Freshman year.. And any 6 games of your choice from his sophomore year. And they need to show every snap not highlights. I gotta see this to believe it.........

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Oh really? So you have seen every game and snap of his Freshman and Sophomore year? every snap? ON YOUTUBE? hmmm that is very interesting Orchid..

He didn't say that. He said "... I made it a point to watch every game on you tube for hm and WENTZ..."

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
If Mannion is the true #2 for the first couple of games it will be a closed door on JG for his rookie season barring injuries etc.

The facts as of now are that Goff is the 3rd QB according to Fisher.

Their goal is to win football games. To do that you focus on preparing the starting QB and to a much lessor extent you prepare your number 2 QB in case your number one goes down. If you do not you are handicapping your team. The defense and other veterans would not like this.

Teams usually have a scout defensive team and a scout offensive team. You only have 10 practice squad players, so 12 of the 53 man roster will be on one of the scout teams helping the guys who will play get ready. Goff will get more meaningful reps running the Seahawks, Cardinals and Bucs scout team reps.

This situation is on Goff. You did not beat out Mannion week one. Now it is not about making you better, its about making the teams top 2 Qbs better so we can go 2-2 the first 4 games.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You must've missed the Jon Gruden QB show with Goff. He has been through this before with 1-11 Cal. He got knocked around a lot at first.
No, I saw it. I've seen all of them. And let me clear something up, because it doesn't appear that people think I'm aware that there are talented QBs in college. I know there are. And I know that all QBs experience adversity in college, and all of them get knocked around. What doesn't always translate is success at the NFL level. It's currently less than 50% for first round QBs over the past 20 years. While it would be nice to know for sure that Goff is on the right side of that fifty percentile, the truth is nobody knows that for sure. So that said, the smartest way to improve his odds is to play him when he's ready. Not before.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
The facts as of now are that Goff is the 3rd QB according to Fisher.

This situation is on Goff. You did not beat out Mannion week one. Now it is not about making you better, its about making the teams top 2 Qbs better so we can go 2-2 the first 4 games.

I'm not disputing Mannion and I will respect your view Orchid.... Now about my request...

So you have seen every game and snap of his Freshman and Sophomore year? every snap? ON YOUTUBE? hmmm that is very interesting Orchid..

You can post these youtube links of his 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 8th game from Youtube from his Freshman year.. And any 6 games of your choice from his sophomore year. And they need to show every snap not highlights. I gotta see this to believe it.........

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
*Sorry, I couldn't load the attached videos. Maybe someone else more tech savvy can help out? They are good.

September 2, 2016Leave a commentLos Angeles Rams, NFL OffenseBy Jon Ledyard

As preseason comes to a close, people rush to sort things, sufficient information be dratted, and Los Angeles Rams #1 pick Jared Goff is not immune. Jon Ledyard takes a look at Jared Goff’s preseason to contextualize this struggles and concludes that there is no need to hit the panic button yet.
When the Los Angeles Rams made Jared Goff the first overall pick in the 2016 draft, trading away a plethora of picks in the process, the selection came with the expectation that the former California Golden Bears passer would become the face of the newly relocated franchise.

What the Rams didn’t specify, of course, was when that transition would occur, or how soon they wanted Goff to helm the offense that finished dead last in passing yards per game last season.

Many long-suffering L.A. fans obviously expected (Read: hoped) the move would come immediately, eager to see their young signal caller at work in the same backfield as 2015 offensive rookie of the year Todd Gurley. Jeff Fisher had other ideas, however, naming Case Keenum the starter in June and saying Goff would start “whenever he was ready.”

Still, one would have assumed that Goff would get a fair shot at the starting spot, if for no other reason than the fact that Keenum has proven very little over his four-year NFL career, completing 56 percent of his passes for just over 3,000 yards. As we exit the preseason however, Keenum ran nine drives with the first team offense in comparison to Goff’s two, and was recently confirmed as the starting quarterback for when the Rams take the field for Week 1 against the 49ers. In fact, Jeff Fisher said last night after Los Angeles’ 27-25 loss to the Vikings that Sean Mannion would be his second string option if the season started today.

This was never a quarterback competition, and it is important to understand that here at the outset. Keenum was placed at the table with a full house in his hand (or whatever the most compatible version of that the Rams can scrape together is), while Goff was left with a pair of deuces. The Rams wanted to sit Goff to start the season regardless of what was shown on the field and, because Keenum hasn’t completely imploded, they now have the ability to do so.

The predictable imbalance between the two quarterbacks’ supporting casts was evident throughout the preseason, particularly when Goff went under center to deal with, well, this:

About JW Player 6.11.4923 (Premium edition)

Share Video
00:00

Share Video
Embed code
Select
Video link
Select
upload_2016-9-4_18-38-17.png

Powered by Krossover.

The sad part is: That isn’t even all of the poorly run routes or drops that Goff had to endure. As poor as it was, though, perhaps none of of the miscues were quite as egregious as this gaffe by Pharoh Cooper in the Rams’ first preseason game against the Cowboys.

Goff faces a 2nd-and-10 situation with the ball on the Cowboys 37-yard line and just 35 seconds left in the first half. With all three timeouts at his disposal, the Rams quarterback knows he can challenge any area of the field in his attempt to navigate his team into at least field goal range before the end of the half.

About JW Player 6.11.4923 (Premium edition)

Share Video

Share Video
Embed code
Select
Video link
Select