Jake Bo(n)g always keeps it real

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Comparing Jake and Jourdan is silly. Jourdan is head and shoulders above a fan doing a podcast. I appreciate Jake’s efforts, and applaud him even. But he’s no doubt the last listen on my radar.

I like locked on Rams. Travis Rodgers is legit.
Travis I like it;' the other guy, Doug that is nails on a chalk board for me.
Feels so fake, it's weird, can't watch him.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Yeah the other dude sounds like a used car sales man. Not a fan. But still a good listen nonetheless.

Name
Tim
LOL... no, its probably more about me showing my age.

I don't get this medium... where average joes post clips of themselves talking about things regarding which they have no particular expertise, and other people log in and watch.

Again... those who enjoy watching that sort of thing... more power to you.

For me...
Reaction Confused GIF
I'm with you on this, Av.
I haven't the patience to sit and listen to people pontificate. I will read an article, as long as it isn't too wordy and/or the pop up ads don't get too irritating bud to listen to people ramble on in a podcast just to fill the time slot allotted? No thanks, just make your point and move on.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Comparing Jake and Jourdan is silly. Jourdan is head and shoulders above a fan doing a podcast. I appreciate Jake’s efforts, and applaud him even. But he’s no doubt the last listen on my radar.

I like locked on Rams. Travis Rodgers is legit.
I'm glad you enjoy him (Travis Rodgers) but his voice annoys me somehow. When he took over for Sosa, who quit before the playoffs, leaving listeners hanging throughout the playoffs. But then Travis took over (again?), which I appreciated at the time. Besides the quality of his voice, it annoys me when he does cross over shows with enemy Locked On hosts, he is overly humble and deprecating for the Rams sake, while the enemy hosts give off an aura of their team's superiority and he just takes it.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I'm glad you enjoy him (Travis Rodgers) but his voice annoys me somehow. When he took over for Sosa, who quit before the playoffs, leaving listeners hanging throughout the playoffs. But then Travis took over (again?), which I appreciated at the time. Besides the quality of his voice, it annoys me when he does cross over shows with enemy Locked On hosts, he is overly humble and deprecating for the Rams sake, while the enemy hosts give off an aura of their team's superiority and he just takes it.
DMAC is great big Rams and Dodgers guy.

JRobinson

MiLB

Yeah. He doesn’t offer much. That’s no slight to him, it’s just the reality in my opinion. I feel like Travis sees things the way most fans sees things. I dunno, maybe I’m wrong.

JRobinson

MiLB

I can understand that perspective.

I guess I just like that he’s pragmatic about most Rams stuff. He’s a “show me” not “tell me” kind of guy; which I relate to.

The crossover shows can definitely leave a fan wanting, but I just feel like he knows the team well and conveys his point of view. Which I appreciate.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
He's nowhere near as plugged in as Jourdan.

There's space for everyone tho it's all good.
Agree. You are right. Jake is fluff and if someone likes it, more power to them. All those guys like Jake or Blaine Grisak, Kenneth Arthur and Cameron DaSilva are fine the go ever social media and inform Ram fans of stuff that is out there.

However, Jourdan is vastly superior in terms of football knowledge and in how connected she is. She's a trained reporter, and there is a difference between what she does and what they do.

Jake, Blaine, Kenneth, Cameron, a basically bloggers and there is nothing wrong with that but their takes are those of a a fan, not a reporter. Jourdan can sit down with Aaron Donald, asks McVay questions, get information on and off the record from people in the building.

Those guys don't do any of that. And that is not a knock. It's just the way it is.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I’ll agree she has more insight than all of us,but she also creates a narrative that is FALSE.
Right NOW she has NO Knowledge BRIAN ALLEN is going to be cut?
She also is TOTALLY Speculating on Joesph Noteboom playing GUARD!
Well ... maybe she's a little better at her job than you think she is.

Seriously, she proven herself and I know of no situation where she's created a false narrative. Ever.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Another aspect of these fan sites- -- they have to produce something every day whether there is news or not. As such much of what they post is fluff. NFL teams don't have news every day so Jourdan cannot do full-on stuff every day though she keeps up with all the transactions ... and often the info Jake and Blaine use is from her and other legit media

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well ... maybe she's a little better at her job than you think she is.

Seriously, she proven herself and I know of no situation where she's created a false narrative. Ever.

Do you even know who Brian Allen is ?

At the time Joesph Noteboom was The Rams starting LT.As preseason went on things changed & Noteboom got hurt.It was obvious he wasn’t going to start at some point & The Rams needed a RG.They never filled that spot & ANCHRUM (f—-s—/) wasn’t going to be the answer.

If you look back at when all that happened is was crappy speculation.Noteboom had to play RG.I PISSES ME OFF BADLY that Mcvay(Wendal ?) wasn’t smart enough to put Noteboom at center when Alaric Jackson got hurt before(after?) halftime????? Against the Bengals. —

If you had told me (what’s her name?) he was going to be The Rams starting LT I don’t know what I’d call ANYBODY! Still a long with BRIAN ALLEN being cut ? hasn’t is probably the next CENTER UP & could be The Rams backup CENTER of the future & maybe not that far fetched if The Rams never had KEVIN DOTSON !!! By the way wasn’t even considered

Zach Thomas was going to at LT. Anyway if you want to speculate? I can do the same just like SHE DID by going in some freaking SILLY PODCAST & thinking she was all that. I know Sean Mcvay’s kids name which is sort of funny in that way.What I will say is she threw Sean Mcvay under the bus before that & created MORE BS than needed & she would have had a lot more respect if she had waited with her News.IMO until at least the weekend. So read your articles & pay the cost of her journal.I would have & was going to,but lost (all) a lot of respect for her there.Then when the podcast came out & talking about Brian Allen getting cut was more BS & a guess like any fan.

She had to build her trust back,because she was about ME & not WE !! They(Rams) gave her full access & trust.

Is she a good writer ? Yes ! Does she ask excellent questions? Yes!! Is she a good part of The Rams reporters ? Yes ! Has she lost credibility within The Rams organization? Yes !

It’s her loss,not mine & she knows what she did.Has to live with it,but if you see the controversy she has had before following The Rams it’s not hard to see.I never knew & care that much about her background though.It was posted somewhere within the season here.I could give a CRAP NOW!! Still it wouldn’t take what happened in February away!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Another aspect of these fan sites- -- they have to produce something every day whether there is news or not. As such much of what they post is fluff. NFL teams don't have news every day so Jourdan cannot do full-on stuff every day though she keeps up with all the transactions ... and often the info Jake and Blaine use is from her and other legit media

I’ll give you that as far as how she does her job.She was excellent with Jalen Ramsey. I don’t know how much you noticed his growth with the media as a Ram.

Raheem teased her & respects her as Ram media person.

Jake is a Fan like you & I.Jourdan has built herself into a Rams Fan who has access to Ram Players.I don’t know if she lost some of that,causing her to reach & speculate? I’m speculating as an observer,but when your on a podcast & do that ? Then your not writing & your words mean a lot more.

I don’t give Jake to much credibility .He has earned it though with his access on certain things.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Btw - to say a reporter like Jourdan doesn’t use those live questions from reporters would be just anal.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Even though he is not easy on the eyes?

That is the reality lol. Alexa is a little easier I guess ? Then again I only visit his views on occasion. He drinks the Kool-aide like myself when things get bitter.

I almost through in the towel!! There were a lot of tough losses this season. I’m sure you’re excited about this Saturday’s game(Detroit).

I almost bought tickets to this Giants game Sunday.Would have been perfect.There were to many variables,but would have been awesome. Like you have family in Texas ,I have family in NY.To be in the City to watch the ball drop would have been Rad after The Rams game !! At my age though it would have taken a lot out of me Partying that hard to close out 2023!
—Wishing you & The Rams(Fans) a great close to 2023 & even a greater 2024 !

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Do you even know who Brian Allen is ?

At the time Joesph Noteboom was The Rams starting LT.As preseason went on things changed & Noteboom got hurt.It was obvious he wasn’t going to start at some point & The Rams needed a RG.They never filled that spot & ANCHRUM (f—-s—/) wasn’t going to be the answer.

If you look back at when all that happened is was crappy speculation.Noteboom had to play RG.I PISSES ME OFF BADLY that Mcvay(Wendal ?) wasn’t smart enough to put Noteboom at center when Alaric Jackson got hurt before(after?) halftime????? Against the Bengals. —

If you had told me (what’s her name?) he was going to be The Rams starting LT I don’t know what I’d call ANYBODY! Still a long with BRIAN ALLEN being cut ? hasn’t is probably the next CENTER UP & could be The Rams backup CENTER of the future & maybe not that far fetched if The Rams never had KEVIN DOTSON !!! By the way wasn’t even considered

Zach Thomas was going to at LT. Anyway if you want to speculate? I can do the same just like SHE DID by going in some freaking SILLY PODCAST & thinking she was all that. I know Sean Mcvay’s kids name which is sort of funny in that way.What I will say is she threw Sean Mcvay under the bus before that & created MORE BS than needed & she would have had a lot more respect if she had waited with her News.IMO until at least the weekend. So read your articles & pay the cost of her journal.I would have & was going to,but lost (all) a lot of respect for her there.Then when the podcast came out & talking about Brian Allen getting cut was more BS & a guess like any fan.

She had to build her trust back,because she was about ME & not WE !! They(Rams) gave her full access & trust.

Is she a good writer ? Yes ! Does she ask excellent questions? Yes!! Is she a good part of The Rams reporters ? Yes ! Has she lost credibility within The Rams organization? Yes !

It’s her loss,not mine & she knows what she did.Has to live with it,but if you see the controversy she has had before following The Rams it’s not hard to see.I never knew & care that much about her background though.It was posted somewhere within the season here.I could give a CRAP NOW!! Still it wouldn’t take what happened in February away!!
First, calm down. And here is where I will admit I misunderstood your original post. I never read that she said Allen was going to be cut. I thought you must have said that YOU said Allen was going to be cut. I (apparently) wrongly thought you were one of the people I read on social media that bashed Brian Allen. He is not a popular figure and I think he's okay -- a guy who is solid but has injuries issues.

So, if she said and was basing it on inside information then she was wrong. And for me to misunderstand your point, well, I should have asked. That is on me. No one else.

But I DO KNOW that she said Boom was going to guard and she was right. She was told it was going to happen and it did. At least it was tried but he was never healthy enough. But you cannot say she was wrong on that. She was right.

As for me not knowing who Brian Allen is ... well, I will let others look at my posts and see if I am the kind of poster who would not know who the Rams center was in recent years.

Again, relax.

The rest of your comments about her throwing McVay under the bus and losing credibility "within The Rams organization" , you're welcome to that idea but it's a pretty out-there opinion to have.

So, now that I have read this comment in full I won't make the same mistake I did before (thinking you were an Allen hater, not someone who liked him).

So, let me strongly disagree with you on the ranting part of your post. She's among the 2-3 credible sources. Jake, Blaine and all these others are just Rams fans that do not do reporting. Those guys are the "WE not ME". It's not her job to kiss McVay's butt. If he does well, and I just listened to her interview and she did nothing but praise McVay.

You obviously don't like her but if she made the mistake you say she did then it shows she made a mistake, not that she does not have credibility.

She is the most credible journalist covering the Rams. And it is not even close.

And, dude, it's nothing to go ape over.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I’ll give you that as far as how she does her job.She was excellent with Jalen Ramsey. I don’t know how much you noticed his growth with the media as a Ram.

Raheem teased her & respects her as Ram media person.

Jake is a Fan like you & I.Jourdan has built herself into a Rams Fan who has access to Ram Players.I don’t know if she lost some of that,causing her to reach & speculate? I’m speculating as an observer,but when your on a podcast & do that ? Then your not writing & your words mean a lot more.

I don’t give Jake to much credibility .He has earned it though with his access on certain things.
Well, I made a mistake earlier because I was not aware of her speculating on Brian Allen ... but to me, from what I see that would be an isolated incident. I am not hearing a ton of speculation and I am not a regular visitor to her podcasts. Sometimes... so if she is doing that a lot, then maybe your explanation is fair, that she's filling airtime so as to not bore listeners.

I like Jake and Blaine's work fine ... I don't say they are dumb or anything. But I agree they are just fans like you and me who have a desire to work for clicks. Blaine is actually trying to watch and understand film. If he puts in the work he will get better at it.

But unless they every work under and editor who won't let them just regurgitate the work of others, they will never be journalists. But not everyone has to, either. There is a place for guys like that, enough of a market to keep them doing what they do.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Btw - to say a reporter like Jourdan doesn’t use those live questions from reporters would be just anal.
If this is directed towards me then I don't know what you mean.

What are "live questions"?

If (and I am not sure) you are saying that my comment on Jake and Blaine, etc. use the work of others in their posts it would not be "live questions" (guessing you mean press conference questions that we get transcripts for) that is not what I am talking about.

What they do is take someone's Tweet on something Rams-related and then blog on it, giving it their take. As I said nothing wrong with that but they are not are Rams building sitting in pressers, talking to coaches and players. They don't have a press credential to do that... or haven't. If Jake is doing more this year -- like working for the Rams media --- I have not paid attention.

I don't follow those guys enough to know. I do see their Tweets, though.

Jake is the kind of guy that gets made at people for criticizing the Rams. And praises the Rams most of the time. He's a good Rams fan.