Jaguars trade Fowler to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

janthony6

UDFA
The 3rd round pick that we give up will be a compensatory pick so it hasn’t been determined yet. In essence it’s like a 4th round pick since it comes at the tail end of the 3rd.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
One thing I've noticed about Fowler is how strong his hands are. He just doesn't let go once he gets ahold of you.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Ok, so I'm looking at this trade, and yeah, it's nice to get Fowler and the compensation we gave is almost right ... BUT ... where the FK is the 6th round pick to come along with Fowler??? Dafuq, Les, you couldn't have finagled another 6th rounder out of them? Losing your touch? Sheesh ...

Welcome to LA, Mr. Fowler!!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
My first impressions...

What nice news to read upon waking from my nap! Lol.

Gotta trust Wade/McVay/Snead on this decision ‘cause Fowler was biggest risk/biggest reward option to bolster our edge rush situation. I have more character and maturity concerns about Fowler than I ever did about any of Talib, Peters, or Suh.

I do love the Ram aggression in pushing the limits in their SB quest.

We shouldn’t fret about the 3rd round cost for a player with such high potential at a position of crying Ram need. Might be a steal if Wade can work his magic and the locker room can get Fowler squared away quickly maturity wise. I’m willing to bet on Wade and our team leaders here.

If this doesn’t work out, a future comp pick would reduce the downside.

Always seems preferable to pursue a solution aggressively rather than to try to cope passively. “No guts, no glory” comes to mind.

I’ve been posting for weeks that an upgrade at edge seemed necessary if we are serious about a SB. Well, the Rams must have felt more or less the same and had the cashews to make their move.

The Rams chose the most attractive option for long term benefit. We at least know that the kid can play. Fowler could be somewhere from very good to near elite depending on his desire and work ethic. He will certainly NOT lack for good examples surrounding him and superior coaching, that’s for sure. Better decision than settling for “pretty good” options or non fits for Wade’s system.

I’m certain that the Rams were given permission to talk with Fowler and to therefore determine that his head was into this move. He must have passed that test.

We might still see Obo getting snaps in the season’s 2nd half. Meaning that there will be even further competition for edge playing time. Always a good thing.

If Fowler blossoms here, can you imagine how effective AD/Suh/Brockers become? Could be scary, y’all.

I’m guessing that Wade has a smile ear to ear this afternoon.

All in all, this sure seems like a move well worth making.

Well worth a Hot Damn.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
This is the end of Russel Wilson. RIP.

I wish. But alas it never really happens.

I don't like how the SheHocks are still hanging around in the division, with a head to head game still to come.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So do you guys think he plays this weekend? I sure hope so
That's my hope as well. I would think that if he passes the physical, he'd at least be in on sure passing downs. The question is, when is that with the Aints. I am going to guess he plays.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
vinny B says the pick will be a comp pick, so Rams will retain their own 3rd rounder

Rams were in line to get at least 1 if not 2 comp picks after round 3 in 2019, if they get two, the better of the two comp picks goes to the Jags

A fifth rounder is a dart on the board pick, so meh. There's also a chance Fowler plays himself into a deal elsewhere next spring meaning we would get back a 4th or 5th round comp pick in 2020 for him.

Price isn't that much at all

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
BTW, Suh doesn't factor into the comp pick formula even though he was a free agent because he was released by his prior team.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm shocked. This is a good get, although a touch of a gamble. The compensation doesn't bother me at all. It will be a steal if he pans out. If not, we are still the 3rd youngest team in the NFL with few holes to fill.

MaxQ28

Rookie
RIP Brees
This. Fowler is going to have one mission as a ram-GET THE QB. Our offense can hang with anyone. I believe Fowler changes the dynamics of the defense and the DB’s will benefit greatly from a rushed/flustered Brees. Im all in. LETS GO! 9-0!)