Jaguars trade Fowler to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I trust Les, just hope the guy is worth those picks. Look at our recent third rounds. They all have started more games than Fowler, aside from Noteboom for now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Les Snead to Rams NATION:

vw8d6n4.png

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Rams 3rd round pick is looking to be at best bottom 5 or 6

Rams also are going to receive 2 3rd round compensatory picks for watkins and trumain jones

i don't care about a 5th round pick at all

rams needed an edge badly

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Let’s see if moving from DE to OLB helps him. He stood up mostly at Florida, didn’t he?

TexasRam

Legend
per NFl Network jags wanted a 2nd and 4th. So Wheelin Les played the clock on the Jags to lesson the compensation.

Psycho_X

Legend
Wow, we'll have multiple thirds or fourths because of comp picks. So we're not losing out a lot with this. Hopefully if he has a good 8 games they keep him past this year. Worst case they can use some tags on him to keep him another year if necessary. And worst, worst scenario if he has a great 8 games and leaves for free agency we'll get our third back a year later possibly lol.

This could be huge though. As others said, Fowler could really succeed out OLB in Wade's system. With our D-line taking up most of the double teams and protection plans Fowler will have the most freedom he's had his entire career to rush the passer. As long as he can keep his nose clean and stay out of trouble I like this.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Imagine how happy Fowler must be going from the losing Jaguars and Blake Bortles to the 8-0 Rams.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Let's see. Exactly what pick of the 3rd round belongs to a 19 - 0 Superbowl winner? And what two picks will Rams receive for the compensatory picks due from Truman's and Watkins? And how much am I sweating this pick going to the Jaguars?

janthony6

UDFA
Imagine how happy Aaron Donald is that he will see less double and triple teams.

Fowler is good. I believe Von Miller really took off under Wade Philips. Fowler with Wade and the talent we have....grab your popcorn.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
This can be huge !

Any info on his contract ?
Hope he is not a year 1 rental, I think he ran a 4.6 at the draft, imagine that off the corner with suh and Donald !

jjab360

Legend
I don't exactly like trading a 3rd for a player on the last half of the final year of his contract, but if we extend him like we did Cooks or if he signs a big contract in free agency and we get a 3rd round comp pick, none of that matters. The question now is how fast can he be a fit on this team and how big of a difference will he make come playoff time.

Fills a pretty massive need though, no question.

At the end of the day though, Snead just can't help himself haha.

Psycho_X

Legend
This can be huge !

Any info on his contract ?
Hope he is not a year 1 rental, I think he ran a 4.6 at the draft, imagine that off the corner with suh and Donald !

Contract year so its for 8 games. But if he is a worthy edge rusher in Wade's scheme we've got tags we can use if we can't get long term contract done for at least one more rental. Which honestly might not be a bad idea with his past troubles just to prove he can be good. But worst case if he excels and still leaves we'll get comp pick back a year later so the third rounder might be a wash eventually.