Jaguars trade Fowler to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He wasn't one of the (then) Jags that got ticked up in London then legged it without paying the bar bill was he?

I swear... I wouldn't know what in the hell you guys were saying to me if I came over to the UK, but I get a good laugh out of your slang. Translating the slang and trying to figure out why the words were choosen... head scratchingly hilarious!

Good Stuff

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imagine if okoronkwo also pans out. We could get decent pass Rush on the edge at the very least

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Eh, a third round lottery ticket might feel like a lot, but I'm pretty sure, if he wanted to, Snead would be able to trade a 2020 3d for a better 2019 3d. Plus, as others have noted, we're probably going to get comp picks in the area. Ok cost, ok risk, good upside possibilities.

Now let's see what Walter has to say. Walt?
http://walterfootball.com/nfltrades.php
ramsb_logo.gif
jaguarsb_logo.gif

Rams acquire DE/OLB Dante Fowler from Jaguars for 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 5th-round pick
This is a big price to pay for a player who was seeing about a third of his team's defensive snaps. Dante Fowler is very talented - he was the third-overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft - but hasn't lived up to it in Jacksonville. His workout habits and effort have both been criticized. He logged eight sacks last year, but lucked into them, as the opposition was concentrating on Calais Campbell, Yannick Ngakoue and the Jaguars' many other talented defensive linemen.

Having said that, Fowler potentially fills a huge need for his new team. The Rams have a massive hole as far as their edge rushers were concerned. Their defensive line is incredible, but they weren't getting much production from their edge players. And, if there's a defensive coordinator who can turn Fowler's career around, it's Wade Phillips. It's possible that Fowler will finally live up to his potential on a new team, especially considering that his contract is set to expire in March.

I'm grading this as a "B" for the Rams. Fowler could push them over the top, but there's also a good chance that he continues his sloth-like tendencies and struggles. Plus, the Rams paid a high price. Conversely, the Jaguars made out like bandits, acquiring a substantial draft choice and a mid-rounder on top of that for an impending free agent they were barely using.

Grade for Rams - B
Grade for Jaguars - A+

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This can be huge !

Any info on his contract ?
Hope he is not a year 1 rental, I think he ran a 4.6 at the draft, imagine that off the corner with suh and Donald !
lol..Is he an 8 game rental?

janthony6

UDFA
If we can resign him in the offseason on an LA discount, it’s an A+. Wade will get the most out of him.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
All he has to do is rush the passer this Sunday. I think they plug him in on passing downs and boom.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This can be huge !

Any info on his contract ?
Hope he is not a year 1 rental, I think he ran a 4.6 at the draft, imagine that off the corner with suh and Donald !
He’s exactly that a one year rental. A pass rusher that will hope to sign for a lot next year. Hope he’s worth it.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Eh, a third round lottery ticket might feel like a lot, but I'm pretty sure, if he wanted to, Snead would be able to trade a 2020 3d for a better 2019 3d. Plus, as others have noted, we're probably going to get comp picks in the area. Ok cost, ok risk, good upside possibilities.

Now let's see what Walter has to say. Walt?
http://walterfootball.com/nfltrades.php
ramsb_logo.gif
jaguarsb_logo.gif

Rams acquire DE/OLB Dante Fowler from Jaguars for 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 5th-round pick
This is a big price to pay for a player who was seeing about a third of his team's defensive snaps. Dante Fowler is very talented - he was the third-overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft - but hasn't lived up to it in Jacksonville. His workout habits and effort have both been criticized. He logged eight sacks last year, but lucked into them, as the opposition was concentrating on Calais Campbell, Yannick Ngakoue and the Jaguars' many other talented defensive linemen.

Having said that, Fowler potentially fills a huge need for his new team. The Rams have a massive hole as far as their edge rushers were concerned. Their defensive line is incredible, but they weren't getting much production from their edge players. And, if there's a defensive coordinator who can turn Fowler's career around, it's Wade Phillips. It's possible that Fowler will finally live up to his potential on a new team, especially considering that his contract is set to expire in March.

I'm grading this as a "B" for the Rams. Fowler could push them over the top, but there's also a good chance that he continues his sloth-like tendencies and struggles. Plus, the Rams paid a high price. Conversely, the Jaguars made out like bandits, acquiring a substantial draft choice and a mid-rounder on top of that for an impending free agent they were barely using.

Grade for Rams - B
Grade for Jaguars - A+

he's a Ram hater so a B is like an A+, also a 5th round pick isn't a "mid rounder"

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
What a crap analysis that was by walterfootball.com if he played half heartedly and walked into 8 sacks cause of Calais then how many sacks could he walk into with Donald Suh and Brockers????? Duh. Also Wade has a reputation so let's hope to getting him to play to his ability let alone if he could walk into 8-10 sacks in the second half of season lol. You guys know I've been calling for this since first week of season Murphy fowler etc lol .

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
he's a Ram hater so a B is like an A+, also a 5th round pick isn't a "mid rounder"
Yup. I was hoping for something more venomous because I get a kick out of him. Sort of disappointed he gave the Rams a B - was hoping for one of those Millen-kielbasa grades.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I think I'm seeing the light.... this kid has OLB talent that we just don't have on this roster right now. The highlights show a kid who bends the edge well. If he stood up as a Gator, but was stuck in a 4-3 D, I think we might just luck out with this kid.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Also quick question guys do the Rams have the option to pick up the 5th year option now that they acquired him or is that no longer an alternative? Either way I am giddy now if Obo is anything at all and longacre rotating etc now I feel almost complete obviously waiting on talib who should be fresh.

Psycho_X

Legend
Also quick question guys do the Rams have the option to pick up the 5th year option now that they acquired him or is that no longer an alternative?

No, deadline has long passed us by and it is relevant based on what his original team chose to do and the Jags did not take his fifth year option. He's a free agent in 10 games.

But, they can tag him. They can resign him. If he sucks let him walk and we just lose a comp pick. If he plays lights out and leaves we get our third back the next season in a comp pick.