Is Goff, Elite?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Donald is not only elite, he is a once in a generation player. He is redefining "great" and unlike others who have been called this. I don't know if ANYONE will ever be able to do what he does now. There are guys who weigh the same and who are strong like him, but his explosive tigerish ability is unique. His technique,smarts, and will to win are unique as well. Watch that Tanzel Smart and Donald training video they did in the offseason, which made Smart look like a bumbling oaf compared to Donald the tiger.

The closest undersized DT that I can compare somewhat to him, is John Randle, and even as great as he was is not the player Aaron Donald is. So it's not really fair to compare AD's track to the HOF with anyone else.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Aaron Donald is the best defensive player in football. There isn't another player in the NFL as good at his position as Donald is at his. I'd say that Goff is well on his way to the HOF. He's only a third year QB. If he continues to do what he's doing, he's a HOFer. There's no guarantee of that. But there's no guarantee of anything.

No arguments here. I agree. AD is Elite, no doubt.

Goff could very well be on his way to an HOF career. I hope he does have one. That's be spectacular. But currently, I can't find many so-called experts that even consider him one of the top 5. And I'm not trying to argue stats, ratings, and other stuff that make Kirk Cousins appear to be one of the best of all time :blah: But if a player isn't a unanimous top 5 player at their position in this league, how is that Elite?

AD = Elite. Gurley = Elite. Goff=Hopefully one day elite.

Sorry that offends so many on here for me to have this opinion, but it's not like I kicked your dog or f***ed your wife

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Goff could very well be on his way to an HOF career. I hope he does have one. That's be spectacular. But currently, I can't find many so-called experts that even consider him one of the top 5. And I'm not trying to argue stats, ratings, and other stuff that make Kirk Cousins appear to be one of the best of all time :blah: But if a player isn't a unanimous top 5 player at their position in this league, how is that Elite?

Sorry that offends so many on here for me to have this opinion, but it's not like I kicked your dog or f***ed your wife

Well, that's where the disconnect is. I don't defer to the "so-called experts" for my takes. Most of the so-called experts gave up on Goff in 2016 and didn't appreciate the way he made them eat their words. As I said, there's no point in arguing "elite" because the word means something different to everybody. But I absolutely object to comparing Goff to RGIII, Foles, Bradford, etc.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I absolutely object to comparing Goff to RGIII, Foles, Bradford, etc.
I'm not saying from a career standpoint they're the same. I'm saying when they were wreaking havoc, people were calling them elite.

I can't knock Foles. He keeps beating us and he's got more championship jewelry than most of our roster.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, I think there is one comparison to Donald's track to the HOF with a player in a different era, which was Gayle Sayers. Sayers before his injury was probably the best RB to ever play the game up to that point, but his career was short. It didn't matter to HOF voters because of how undeniably great that he was. He was almost unstoppable, and the same is true for Aaron Donald, defensively.

Name
Victor
Exactly. People Were extremely pissed with me when I replied saying Goff is not elite....My reply was flaged multiple times as " inappropriate". I was just stating my opinion. How is that inappropriate?? People need to stop with the fanatism and homerism. Even as a fan of the same team if you make a harsh critic about a player or a coach they will act like you are hitting on their wives or stealing their money. They take it very serious and they take it as personal insult . It is unbelievable. Well, Goff under pressure and without kupp is barely completing 55% of this throws. Not to mention he gets rattled easily and can't take care of the ball.That is hardly ELITE. I will leave it at that. Imo. There are at least 10 qbs better than him this season. Again, not elite. Elite to me is top 3 or top 5.

Name
Victor
But he had a bad game against the bears and an average one against the eagles. That must mean he's not good anymore.

he had way more than 2 crappy games , about 5 or 6 of them . Check the stats on the detroit and broncos game .

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. People Were extremely ticked with me when I replied saying Goff is not elite....My reply was flaged multiple times as " inappropriate". I was just stating my opinion. How is that inappropriate?? People need to stop with the fanatism and homerism. Even as a fan of the same team if you make a harsh critic about a player or a coach they will act like you are hitting on their wives or stealing their money. They take it very serious and they take it as personal insult . It is unbelievable. Well, Goff under pressure and without kupp is barely completing 55% of this throws. Not to mention he gets rattled easily and can't take care of the ball.That is hardly ELITE. I will leave it at that. Imo. There are at least 10 qbs better than him this season. Again, not elite. Elite to me is top 3 or top 5.
For one, please stop with the inference that those who disagree with your assessment are acting as though “you slept with their wives or stole their money.” Saying that is offensive, for whatever reason.

Two, where do you think the term “fan” comes from? If you guessed fanatic, you’d be right.

Three, we are all expressing our opinions. The majority of Rams fans do not hold your opinion of Jared Goff, and are saying so. Therefore, the volume of opposing feedback will be more than those who hold your position. Since we believe as we do, and get shit from opposing fans daily who are not being objective and are assholes ( I won’t go into their group think arguments). This is probably why there is heat from those who disagree with you when expressing your POV. It doesn’t help when they disagree, that you call them homers because they don’t agree with your opinion.

Name
Victor
For one, please stop with the inference that those who disagree with your assessment are acting as though “you slept with their wives or stole their money.” Saying that is offensive, for whatever reason.

Two, where do you think the term “fan” comes from? If you guessed fanatic, you’d be right.

Three, we are all expressing our opinions. The majority of Rams fans do not hold your opinion of Jared Goff, and are saying so. Therefore, the volume of opposing feedback will be more than those who hold your position. Since we believe as we do, and get crap from opposing fans daily who are not being objective and are assholes ( I won’t go into their group think arguments). This is probably why there is heat from those who disagree with you when expressing your POV. It doesn’t help when they disagree, that you call them homers because they don’t agree with your opinion.

dude , anybody can disagree with my opinion , I don't give a da** . The thing is, there are ways to disagree. You can simply disagree and say why , and state your opinion or....... you can act like you are on some kind of rage because I insulted you deeply simply because I said " goff is not elite " .

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
I will say Goff seems to be held to a different standard than other top QBs. If Goff has a bad game, everyone pays attention, and takes the chance to say, "See? This is who he really is." This season he's had two games where he's struggled mightily, and two or three others where he played average (for a starting QB...). He's also had dazzling games, and plenty of big plays in big moments.

The thing is, every quarterback in the league has had at least two bad games. At least two or three where they've been average. When "Old Man Rivers" plays like shit, people just kind of shake their heads and say, "That's Phil, he'll get it back." When Drew Brees looks lost and the offense is sputtering, people shrug and say, "Drew's been so good, we'll just call this a fluke and move on." When Mahomes throws picks, it's because he's trying too hard, doing to much, and the kid just needs to settle down.

In the case of Goff, every bad game is taken as a revelation on his true nature, and only by stacking tons of astounding performances has he earned the modicum of respect he's been grudgingly allotted.

Anyway, good luck proving he's elite or not elite. In my book, he is. Top 5 for sure.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Goff is not elite. I am sorry that hurts your feelings so much. Lol.
One thing I am 100% sure of. Goff has been voted to pro bowls in 2 of his first 2.5 seasons as a starter. Also, 100% sure IDGAF what label you are trying to put on or take off of him.

Also, I Lol'd at the Bradford comparison made by another poster. That shit was hysterical.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

my feelings aren't hurt. jared goff is the rams qb and a damned good one. since mcvay came along the rams, with goff leading the way, are 24 and 7. and they're about to play at home in the divisional round of the playoffs.

and all you're concerned about is if he can be labelled elite. try enjoying the moment.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
There are at least 10 qbs better than him this season. Again, not elite. Elite to me is top 3 or top 5.
I would love to hear your list.

I never understood fans who went out of their way to prove something bad about a player on their team. Goff is easily the best QB we’ve had since Warner. We went 13-3 this year. What the fuck else do you want?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
3 years in the league.
2 pro bowls.
2 division titles
2 11+ win seasons.
But he's not a top 10 qb? Yea....okay
You say they're 10 better, go ahead and name them. I wanna see this.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I would love to hear your list.

I never understood fans who went out of their way to prove something bad about a player on their team. Goff is easily the best QB we’ve had since Warner. We went 13-3 this year. What the freak else do you want?
Sounds like his personal dislike of goff clouds his judgment.

Name
Victor
I will say Goff seems to be held to a different standard than other top QBs. If Goff has a bad game, everyone pays attention, and takes the chance to say, "See? This is who he really is." This season he's had two games where he's struggled mightily, and two or three others where he played average (for a starting QB...). He's also had dazzling games, and plenty of big plays in big moments.

The thing is, every quarterback in the league has had at least two bad games. At least two or three where they've been average. When "Old Man Rivers" plays like crap, people just kind of shake their heads and say, "That's Phil, he'll get it back." When Drew Brees looks lost and the offense is sputtering, people shrug and say, "Drew's been so good, we'll just call this a fluke and move on." When Mahomes throws picks, it's because he's trying too hard, doing to much, and the kid just needs to settle down.

In the case of Goff, every bad game is taken as a revelation on his true nature, and only by stacking tons of astounding performances has he earned the modicum of respect he's been grudgingly allotted.

Anyway, good luck proving he's elite or not elite. In my book, he is. Top 5 for sure.

I agree with you , for some reason it seems people ( media too ) acts like that when it is goff . not so much with other qbs ....not sure why but it seems it is like that . I have to agree

Name
Victor
my feelings aren't hurt. jared goff is the rams qb and a damned good one. since mcvay came along the rams, with goff leading the way, are 24 and 7. and they're about to play at home in the divisional round of the playoffs.

and all you're concerned about is if he can be labelled elite. try enjoying the moment.

I am enjoying bro . Some of goff's issues and weakness concerns me , but you can bet I am enjoying this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.