Is Goff, Elite?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Victor
You have 8 inappropriates in your short time here? Maybe you should think about HOW you say things and address members and/or the team - and spend a little time reading the terms and conditions of being a member.

Also, saying people are offended simply because you have a different take is weak. Members here don’t generally get “offended” because you have a different take on a player. If you’re being a dick about it, then I could see it.

Regardless, you probably need to get a better feel for THIS board or find another place to hang.

Seriously , I think you didn't READ my posts in this thread . I was rude when people were rude to me FIRST . The post that was flagged inappropriate was a post that I was simply stating my opinion and saying WHY I think what I think . If stating your opinion in a polite way is considered inappropriate here, then yeah I might need to go elsewhere to hang . You said members usually don't get offended because someone might have a different take on a player but that is exactly what happened . And it didn't happen to me ONLY . A few others that stated goff is not that good were also attacked . Simply because they said " goff is not that good " . Yes , sometimes people can be fanactics to the point where they take it as personal insult if you say something bad about their team , EVEN when you root for the SAME team . As a moderator I think you should really pay more attention to what is really going on .

I must say that it was only 2-3 guys that went " rage mode " when I said goff is not that good , most guys that had a different opinion than mine were able to put their arguments in a polite way and I was able to reply back in a polite way .

Name
Victor
I put him in the very good (almost elite) category because when he is on - he makes passes that most other QBs wouldn't come close to completing. I think he will continue to improve because the only area that is holding him back slightly is his occasional bad decision making on where to throw the ball.

There are times where - wow Goff - you had Gurley open to the left with no one within 10 yards of him on that play.
Throw the ball to him for probably 10 or more yards instead of throwing 30 yards to a receiver that is covered by 3 guys.

I think that this is one major thing he needs to improve but not just that . I think he folds under intense pressure . He gets rattled too easily . He take unnecessary and stupid risks , he had about 100 times that he ALMOST was intercepted this season . Remember those 2 passes in a row against detroit ? He had TOOO many of those this season . Against KC , he wasn't intercepted at the end by a MIRACLE . Had that corner picked up that GIFT , we would have lost that game .

Anyway , I think he is not top 5 -my opinion- and like I said , as long as people respect it , all good . I think he might be top 10 , but at the bottom of the list ( around 9-10 ) . And like I said , that is far from ELITE . The definition of elite is subjective of course , but with 32 guys competing against him , I would say ELITE is top 3 or maybe top 5 . Not top 10 .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seriously , I think you didn't READ my posts in this thread . I was rude when people were rude to me FIRST . The post that was flagged inappropriate was a post that I was simply stating my opinion and saying WHY I think what I think . If stating your opinion in a polite way is considered inappropriate here, then yeah I might need to go elsewhere to hang . You said members usually don't get offended because someone might have a different take on a player but that is exactly what happened . And it didn't happen to me ONLY . A few others that stated goff is not that good were also attacked . Simply because they said " goff is not that good " . Yes , sometimes people can be fanactics to the point where they take it as personal insult if you say something bad about their team , EVEN when you root for the SAME team . As a moderator I think you should really pay more attention to what is really going on .

I must say that it was only 2-3 guys that went " rage mode " when I said goff is not that good , most guys that had a different opinion than mine were able to put their arguments in a polite way and I was able to reply back in a polite way .

We have guys that have been here from the beginning that don’t come close to racking up 8 inappropriates. You’ve been here since November and you apparently can’t figure out that calling someone retarded or to STFU is unacceptable. So yeah... you probably do need to find a new place to hang.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are at least 10 qbs better than him this season.

There are AT LEAST 10 better QBs this year, eh? Well, let's take a look at where Goff stacks up with the rest of the NFL:
Passing yards - #4
Passing TDs - #6
YPA - #4
Passer Rating - #8
ANYPA - #6

Okay, but sometimes QBs just pad their stats without leading their team to any success. Let's take a look at how the Rams offense did:
Scoring - #2
Total Yards - #2
Yards Per Play - #2
Scoring % - #3
TO % - #8 (lowest)

Okay, our offense did extraordinarily well, but maybe Goff's success didn't translate to team success. Let's take a look at how the Rams did as a team:
Record - 13-3 (tied for #1)
Point Differential - #3 (1 point behind the Chiefs)

Yeesh, I'm not sure how you can defend your case here. You could try the eye test, but there's a crapload of Rams fans on this forum ready to contradict you on that one.

he had way more than 2 crappy games , about 5 or 6 of them . Check the stats on the detroit and broncos game .

Okay, let's sort Goff's games based on passer rating. Here you go:
Elite (110+)
Minnesota (158.3)
San Francisco (127.4)
Chargers (123.8)
San Francisco (121.6)
Arizona (118.1)
Kansas City (117.1)
New Orleans (115.7)
Seattle (113.0)
Green Bay (111.0)

Good/Great (100-109)
Arizona (108.1)

Above Average/Good (90-99)
Oakland (97.2)

Average (85-89)
Seattle (88.2)

Crappy (50-75)
Eagles (75.9)
Detroit (68.6)
Denver (58.3)

Straight Garbage (<50)
Chicago (19.1)

By my count, Goff had 4 crappy or worse games versus 9 elite games.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
There are AT LEAST 10 better QBs this year, eh? Well, let's take a look at where Goff stacks up with the rest of the NFL:
Passing yards - #4
Passing TDs - #6
YPA - #4
Passer Rating - #8
ANYPA - #6

Okay, but sometimes QBs just pad their stats without leading their team to any success. Let's take a look at how the Rams offense did:
Scoring - #2
Total Yards - #2
Yards Per Play - #2
Scoring % - #3
TO % - #8 (lowest)

Okay, our offense did extraordinarily well, but maybe Goff's success didn't translate to team success. Let's take a look at how the Rams did as a team:
Record - 13-3 (tied for #1)
Point Differential - #3 (1 point behind the Chiefs)

Yeesh, I'm not sure how you can defend your case here. You could try the eye test, but there's a crapload of Rams fans on this forum ready to contradict you on that one.

Okay, let's sort Goff's games based on passer rating. Here you go:
Elite (110+)
Minnesota (158.3)
San Francisco (127.4)
Chargers (123.8)
San Francisco (121.6)
Arizona (118.1)
Kansas City (117.1)
New Orleans (115.7)
Seattle (113.0)
Green Bay (111.0)

Good/Great (100-109)
Arizona (108.1)

Above Average/Good (90-99)
Oakland (97.2)

Average (85-89)
Seattle (88.2)

Crappy (50-75)
Eagles (75.9)
Detroit (68.6)
Denver (58.3)

Straight Garbage (<50)
Chicago (19.1)

By my count, Goff had 4 crappy or worse games versus 9 elite games.

Lol you pretty much said exactly what I want to say every time I see someone trying to find a way to discredit Goff. The numbers, eye test, and team success should make anyone trying to argue that he’s just average feel dumb. He’s clearly been a top 10 qb the last 2 seasons. I’m not even sure how you can argue otherwise.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I am a huge Goff advocate. I wanted him over Wentz and still do. That said he has a big problem with fumbles. He heeds to realize he is a stick figure and when the pocket collapses he should eat dirt. What I do not worry is his psychie

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
We have guys that have been here from the beginning that don’t come close to racking up 8 inappropriates. You’ve been here since November and you apparently can’t figure out that calling someone retarded or to STFU is unacceptable. So yeah... you probably do need to find a new place to hang.

I've been here for a while and I got 2 inappropriates for expressing that I dont think Goff is elite. Just like a lot of the stats people are citing, not a good stat to justify much I reckon

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've been here for a while and I got 2 inappropriates for expressing that I dont think Goff is elite. Just like a lot of the stats people are citing, not a good stat to justify much I reckon
You got your two inappropriates from the post I quoted. Coincidence? I think not. You didn't get them for expressing your opinion on Goff. Many people have differing opinions on Goff without going where you did. So knock off the victim crap or the idea that you can't express a differing opinion here. Show the respect you want in return and you will no doubt get it.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Name
RJ
Riiiiiight. Okay... thanks for clarifying :cautious:. I actually haven't done anything other express my opposed opinion. Actually, if you would have read it with a neutral tone, I never directly disrespected anyone; I just clearly expressed my opinion and stated not sure why I'm getting attacked for it. But hey, I appreciate the common respect (y)

giphy.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Riiiiiight. Okay... thanks for clarifying :cautious:. I actually haven't done anything other express my opposed opinion. Actually, if you would have read it with a neutral tone, I never directly disrespected anyone; I just clearly expressed my opinion and stated not sure why I'm getting attacked for it. But hey, I appreciate the common respect (y)

giphy.gif
AGAIN... This is the statement people objected to - NOT your opinion that Goff isn't elite. I'm not going to continue to debate this. If you can't see this is inappropriate here, I can't help you.
Sorry that offends so many on here for me to have this opinion, but it's not like I kicked your dog or f***ed your wife

MrRiceGuyRJ

Name
RJ
AGAIN... This is the statement people objected to
Oh, I completely understand what statement you were referring to. It wasn't meant in an attacking way but more of a humorous hyperbole on peoples reactions towards my opinion/comparisons. I was trying to illustrate legitimate reason to get upset, not my opinion of Goff being called Elite.

I get it. It apparently offended people on here. That's my bad. I feel like I've seen much worse on here. That's why I was shocked to see people react. Lesson learned.

giphy.gif

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't really care that a few don't think Goff's all that good. That's fine. To each his own. All I know is he's 24 years old, He's far from his ceiling. And he's accomplished plenty already. 24 wins in two seasons. Two time division champs. One of the best offenses in the league. Two time Pro Bowler.

With Goff our future is bright and I believe he'll continue to improve. I'm certainly glad we picked him instead of Wentz. Goff can play every game while Wentz sits a portion of the season. Wentz had some good numbers this year but his team was 18th in scoring. Numbers are nice but points and wins are better.

So it doesn't bother me that a few people don't think Goff's good. All I know is they win with him and those people have every right to be wrong. Its a free country. :cool:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oh, I completely understand what statement you were referring to. It wasn't meant in an attacking way but more of a humorous hyperbole on peoples reactions towards my opinion/comparisons. I was trying to illustrate legitimate reason to get upset, not my opinion of Goff being called Elite.

I get it. It apparently offended people on here. That's my bad. I feel like I've seen much worse on here. That's why I was shocked to see people react. Lesson learned.

giphy.gif
Yeah - I get it. It is also difficult to pick up in print what you may no doubt find obvious if talking in person. Probably also why you had the take that people were offended. I rarely find people here honestly getting offended by opposing opinions unless snide or attacking remarks are used - joking or not.

We tend to like a more chill atmosphere here. And as much as it may not be the way some like to be, homerism isn't considered a bad thing here. Just keep it to the opinion and there is rarely a problem.

Just so you know, this site was created to be the anti-PostDispatch board. It's a place that actually runs pretty smoothly through mutual respect and respect toward all current members of the Rams organization.

It's fine to be critical as long as you are also being respectful to the player, member of this board, coach, front office, etc... Keep the posts about the subject - not about the member(s). Telling people they were essentially easily offended or acting like you "kicked their dog or fucked their wife" is a WTF kind of statement to use.

None of us moderators like to get in the middle of things or wag their fingers at anyone. But we work hard to keep a culture here where it is simply fun for everyone to shoot the shit about our Rams. We're not shy when we feel that is being fucked with.

So with that, onward and upward.

Cheers.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Kevin, if you are reading this, yes, I will accept a job. I will even work pretty cheap. :LOL:
I gotta say though, this would be pretty damn cool. Of course you’d have to do a Q&A for us. For now though, you’re just another nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.