In which club do you belong?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In Which Club Do You Belong?

• Total voters

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Not necessarily my earliest memory but the beatdown Jim Everett put on Jim Rome live on TV for calling him "Chrissy" is a good one.

RK3

Professional Lurker
Name
Russ
Born and raised in LA. Hard to say when I officially became a fan. Sometime around 7 or 8. Since I was born in 63, I guess that puts me in the 50 year club. Although you could subtract some of the dark years after the club left LA. Still a fan but was kinda bitter for a while. Rejoined the team here in STL in 2005. Season ticket holder for the last 4 seasons.

Sometime in the mid-70s, my much older cop brother had to play in a charity basketball game against the Rams. A cops vs. the Rams thing to benefit the Boys Club. I watched my hero Jack Youngblood rough up my brother the whole game. At halftime, I got a chance to get Jack's autograph and took the opportunity to suggest that he take it a little easier on my brother. Jack asked who my brother was. In the second half, he was even worse. When my brother found out what I did, boy was he mad.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
1967 for me. I was in 4th grade and one of my teammates in flag football, dad was a transposed "Los Angeles Rams" fan. So since he was the coach, we became the Robertson Rams. And even though many on the team were Chowboy fans, there were a few of us who stuck w/ the team name. My first game I watched of the Rams Gabriel went to Snow deep twice. I was hooked.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Been a die-hard since 95 when they came to STL... but I've always liked the Rams for some reason. The Cardinals weren't that great when they were here and I really loved the Rams uniforms (blue and yellow). In fact, I remember begging my Mom and Dad for a Jack Youngblood jersey when I was probably in like 4th grade (late 70's). The jersey had long sleeves. So that's probably my first real Rams memory. Been a season ticket holder since 2001.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I'm a St. Louie guy, and subsequently have been a fan since the move. That said, after '99 I'm forever hooked - the Rams could play on the moon and I'd be a fan, even if they moved and STL got another team.

The first five years it was about the fact that they played in my city, since then it's been about the memories of that year, and since:

- the guy next to me jumping on my shoulders and screaming "RICKY!!!" when Proehl came down with that ball.

- Faulk turning the corner against Atlanta.

- SJ heroically bulldozing defenders for a team that couldn't win (but he went to work every day anyway).

- Quinn becoming a monster...

Sometimes as an STL guy I feel like I have to justify myself to the LA folks a bit. You folks have had such a long and storied history with this team when I hear about Deacon and Youngblood and ED and Gabriel...I feel like a bit of an interloper.

At the same time, I love these guys too. I'm just a little bit younger and I got on the train a little later. Don't hold it against me though!

VARam

Giants/Jets territory. Being local is not such a big deal for NFL, especially with DirectTV, St Louis radio streaming, and a solid internet site like this one.
same here, although I'm smack dab in the middle of Redskins/Panther territories.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I'm from this area so I wasn't a fan of the Rams until they moved here. I was about 10 years old when they did. My dad is retired Air Force and we lived overseas in England when they did. My earliest football memories were of me wearing a Bruce Rams jersey each Sunday to go on base to watch football games. Even though they were bad we always supported them. Unfortunately for us we were there in 99 when they won the Super Bowl so we didn't get to see all of the games. I remember sitting at the computer with my dad for the Titans game that season and we were watching the game cast thing on espn because we couldn't watch the game. We were watching the little lines on the field and getting all excited because they were making a comeback. It was very anti climactic because Wilkins missed the field goal at the end of the game. Never been so excited to watch colored lines on a computer screen before lol. We stayed up super late to watch the Super Bowl that year too. Been a hardcore fan the whole time they've been here. My parents have been season ticket holders for five years now and I bought season tickets for the first time last month. One of the reasons I wanted to get out of the military was to be closer to family and also be able to get season tickets.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Since the day they moved to Stl. Still have a pennant from the 1st game vs the Saints. 10 years old at Busch II. A lot of great memories growing up with this team.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
'71. My older brother was listening to a MNF game (Lions/Rams) on the radio while we were out Christmas shopping. I asked what he was listening to and he told me if the Rams won they'd be in the playoffs, but they lost. Those were the Tommy Prothro years ('71/'72). Later, during the playoffs, we rooted against the John Brody niners in the NFC Champ game against the Cowboys.

Rosenbloom then hired Chuck Knox in '73, still one of the best Rams teams of the 70's (12-2), but they were forced to play a first round playoff game in Dallas (this was back when the NFL had this arcane system for deciding who got home games in the playoffs) and lost. The first of many playoff disappointments.

I'm in Seahawk territory now.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Since around 1972 or so. First Ram memory was seeing a picture of Merlin Olsen in a Sears catalog. It was an action shot, in the blue and whites. The horns on the helmet immediately grabbed me and I've never looked back. In fact, that was the first time I ever showed an interest in football.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Since around 1972 or so. First Ram memory was seeing a picture of Merlin Olsen in a Sears catalog. It was an action shot, in the blue and whites. The horns on the helmet immediately grabbed me and I've never looked back. In fact, that was the first time I ever showed an interest in football.

Loved those Sears Ram Pajamas too, it's last time I can remember donning PJ's, but a fond one at that!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My first memory of the Rams was sitting in my Grandpa's living room with he and my dad watching the Rams destroy the Viqueens on a black and white TV with rabbit ear antennae. Every time my Grandpa's wife would walk through the living room we'd lose the game - which got a loud quick DEL! (her name) out of my Grandpa. That was the year - 1967 - my dad bought me a full blue and white Rams uniform with helmet and pads. As a five year old dork I would go out to our stucko wall and butt my helmet against the wall so it would look like Merlin's.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I put myself in the 10 year category but I fell in love with Rams during the 99 season. I was 12 and pretty much hated football and my dad would watch it all the time. Everyonce in awhile he would ask me to watch the games with him. I thought it was the most boring thing ever, nothing exciting ever happened. That was until I saw this team that would throw the ball all over the field and had a guy who would run the ball and make everyone look silly trying to stop him. So I asked my dad who this team was and over the season I'd ask how they were doing. Then the championship game came along and my dad told hey that team you like is playing my favorite team the Bucs. It was that game that sealed the deal, even though it wasn't high scoring I was hooked. Sitting there going back and forth with my dad was awesome and from then on through all the good and bad I've stayed a loyal Rams fan. I live in Seahawks territory and can not wait for our team to return to glory!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Since the day they moved to Stl. Still have a pennant from the 1st game vs the Saints. 10 years old at Busch II. A lot of great memories growing up with this team.

Snap a pic and post it......

RFIP

I'm a tweener, born in 1960, started following the Rams around 67' or 68' is my best guess. My older brother (born 53') got me hooked and he along with my 2 boys watch every week of ST.