In which club do you belong?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In Which Club Do You Belong?

• Total voters

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm in the 50 year club. My earliest memories are watching the Rams on our black and white TV set.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
It started in 1963 50 years ago when I was born, my father and grandfather were also fans. I used to add the 9 mos in the womb since I am sure I heard
my dad and grandpa's cheers. My grandpa played for S.C so Saturdays it was off to the coliseum for the Trojans and Sundays we were back for the Rams. My earliest memories were of Roman Gabriel and Jack Snow. Deacon Jones, Jack Pardee, and Rich Saul also played for us in that era. Half a Century and you all know being a Rams fan is not popular there have been some hard times.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
St. Louis boy born and raised, was 14 when they announced the move. Since the football Cardinals moved when I was about 8, I didn't get exposed to much football until the Rams came to St. Louis. Fell in love with the game and the team quickly, and my dad and I got shares in a pair of PSAs and season tickets. 3 regular season games + 1 preseason every season until I moved to Boston, was awesome.

First real Rams memory was the first preseason game in old Busch Stadium with my father.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Here since Hadl....Born in 1966 started rooting for the Rams in 73 although my uncle referred to be as "Den the Deacon" because as a young lad I was an awe of him and even with his passing will always be. Living in New York (Upstate) my whole family was Giants, Yankees, Knicks & Rangers so I went as oppositie as you could with the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers & Kings.
Hey Den me too. welcome to club RDLK.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
15 years, it was 99 for me. I said, this is the best team I've ever seen, and I've been hooked ever since!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I like how many of us there are after such a long period of absolutely horrid football.

I'd ask a follow-up question too: how many of you live in Rams 'territory', and those of you who don't, what's the local team?

(I live in Pats territory. It's been very difficult but I think my friends respect that I root for and vocally claim fandom of the Rams despite futility)

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I became a fan back when the team came to St.Louis. My Uncle bought PSLs and was always talking about the Rams at first, so I naturally took a liking to them. But I would say the second I became die-hard...that was against Baltimore for the opening game of the 99 season. My buddy had season tickets and his dad couldn't make the game so he gave it to me. I was instantly hooked. And since then, the rest is history. It's funny, my uncle had all but given up on the rams. And here I am, 2000 messeges deep on a fan board!

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like how many of us there are after such a long period of absolutely horrid football.

I'd ask a follow-up question too: how many of you live in Rams 'territory', and those of you who don't, what's the local team?

(I live in Pats territory. It's been very difficult but I think my friends respect that I root for and vocally claim fandom of the Rams despite futility)

I live about an hour west of St.Louis and it's tough to be a rams fan. There are A LOT of haters around. This is definitely Cardinal nation. You can't find any kind of rams gear at walmart. It's all Cards and Mizzou. People around talk shit to me all the time. They have no clue what's going on and what we are building.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1972 thanksgiving game vs dallas. i didnt care for dallas' helmets as opposed to the rams'. thats as in depth as a 7 year old (at least back then) would get about analytical team choosing.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I live about an hour west of St.Louis and it's tough to be a rams fan. There are A LOT of haters around. This is definitely Cardinal nation. You can't find any kind of rams gear at walmart. It's all Cards and Mizzou. People around talk crap to me all the time. They have no clue what's going on and what we are building.
Is there no NFL support at all? I'd think that would be uncontested Rams territory, unless you're close enough to the Indy border.

sostl

Starter
I remember watching the 98 season of the rams and thought it was cool to have a football team in stl. I feel in love when I went to my first game in 99, It was the preseason game against the chargers. That was the game trent green was injured. Every since then been a die hard fan

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm from St. Louis so I wasn't a fan until they moved there in 1994, hence I am a 20 year fan

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Born in 67' but a PA boy rooting for the Rams? Yep. Thanks to collecting football cards, the horns on the helmet, and sibling rivalries (Big Sister was a Vikings fan and brothers were Cowboy fans, so I picked the other great NFC team in the 70s), I became a lifelong Ram.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Is there no NFL support at all? I'd think that would be uncontested Rams territory, unless you're close enough to the Indy border.

I'm right on the border (within 30 miles or so) that St. Louis television no longer reaches. Most of the fans past that point are Chiefs fans. I work with quite a few chiefs fans. It's annoying.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'm right on the border (within 30 miles or so) that St. Louis television no longer reaches. Most of the fans past that point are Chiefs fans. I work with quite a few chiefs fans. It's annoying.
Oh, duh, you said west. For some reason I read that as being central Illinois.

Yeah, Mizzou is everything out there. I'm an alum, and even in the GSOT days I was outnumbered by Chiefs and College-Football-Only fans. Understandable; Chiefs have been there 50+ years.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Growing up a St. Louis kid, in the and becoming a "sports" fan in the late 60s, my first rooting interest were always the St. Louis teams. My childhood idol was Roger Werhli of the Cardinals, but there was always something about the "Horns on the Helmet".

I had TWO football helmets as a kid. The Cardinals and Rams (blue and white). I remember the likes of Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow, Ed Meador, and obviously the "Fearsome Foursome". And as I kid trying to "root" for the Cardinals, other than the Cardiac Cards days of the Mid-70s, one had to find a team to watch and that team was always the Rams.

Obviously, I have been a Season Ticket Holder, and as the family will attest to, live and die with this team. While I didn't get my ST until the magical year of 1999, sitting in the corner to see "The Catch" by Ricky Proehl right below me, I have been hooked ever since.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Like you I live in Patriot territory. My friends have to respect me, they were all Dallas, Pitt, SF, Miami fans. I am 46 so when I was growing up the Patriots always stunk. It wasn't till Parcells came that people really started paying attention. Most of my friends became Patriots fans when they were in their 20's. Most Patriot fans are fraudulent except for the under 25 crowd. That's why Patriot fans are the quietest fans in the NFL, there is no passion because most of them knew they didn't stick with there team during the lean years and the under 25's never had any lean years.