In which club do you belong?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In Which Club Do You Belong?

• Total voters

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Im in the 40's club. Became a fan because my Italian uncle was visiting one Monday night. Instead of giving me a dollar on this visit he asked me who I thought would win the Monday Night Football game in like 1976 - 77. It was the Rams vs Steelers. I picked the Rams and they won 17-14. From there I became a fan, I had my mother order me a Rams shirt from the Sears catalog (anyone over 40 will know what that is lol). When I wore it to school, I got made fun of, which only made me like them more and ask for a Jack Youngblood and Lawrence McCutheon jersey. The rest is history.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Oh! You don't want to know about those of us that have been Fans sense, say, 1951!?:cry:

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I'm impressed with how many people are in the 40 years club. I became a fan once they moved to St. Louis, so I put myself in the 20 years club. I'll have to think about my first memory. Probably '95 week 1 when Bruce blocked a punt. I wanted to be that fast.

fearsomefour

Legend
I chose 30 years, although it is somewhere closer to 35.
I grew up almost exactly half way between SF and LA. The area at that time was pretty evenly split between Raider, Whiner and Ram fans. I had family in LA, so, we'd go down to Dodger games. Then Ram games (my dad was a Rams fan). So it was a natural. Rams, Dodgers, Lakers.
As a side note a sure sign someone is a bandwagon....or was one from back in the day? Someone who is a Whiner and Laker fan. Zero reason for someone to like those two teams. In fact, given the NorCal/SoCal rivalry it is damn near an impossibility unless someone is a band wagon or had a personal tie to a team.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'd hit the "Love it" button if it were available. X, get on it! Ha!
I was just trying to have Fun! I Like X, he said he didn't have the time to include more people in his poll. I just wanted to yank his chain!!:D

VARam

1995-present. Grew up a Giants fan about the same time the Cardinals departed St. Louis. I decided to give the new hometown club a shot at fandom and have been with them ever since.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im in the 40's club. Became a fan because my Italian uncle was visiting one Monday night. Instead of giving me a dollar on this visit he asked me who I thought would win the Monday Night Football game in like 1976 - 77. It was the Rams vs Steelers. I picked the Rams and they won 17-14. From there I became a fan, I had my mother order me a Rams shirt from the Sears catalog (anyone over 40 will know what that is lol). When I wore it to school, I got made fun of, which only made me like them more and ask for a Jack Youngblood and Lawrence McCutheon jersey. The rest is history.
Sears catalog.....................next up you'll tell us about S & H Green Stamps ! (y)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Voted 10. I started following in the Super Bowl year. The first thing I remember was the controversy with Trent Going down and everyone wondering if Kurt would be good enough.

I didn't get into forum posting and actively following everything until 2 years ago.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I was born in the bay area when my father was finishing his PhD at Berkeley.

One of my earliest memories was Olsen in a ketchup commercial. Also of course seeing the Rams on TV when they played the 49ers, everyone was a 49er fan so I had to go against the grain. My older brother is as big a fan of the 9ers as I am of the Rams.....actually maybe bigger because of the success they have had.

And the helmets. It's always a factor for Rams fans because they are the best.

VARam

Like you I live in Patriot territory. My friends have to respect me, they were all Dallas, Pitt, SF, Miami fans. I am 46 so when I was growing up the Patriots always stunk. It wasn't till Parcells came that people really started paying attention. Most of my friends became Patriots fans when they were in their 20's. Most Patriot fans are fraudulent except for the under 25 crowd. That's why Patriot fans are the quietest fans in the NFL, there is no passion because most of them knew they didn't stick with there team during the lean years and the under 25's never had any lean years.
and if I recall James Busch Orthwein (then owner of the Pats) came close to relocating the franchise to St. Louis in the early nineties until Kraft stepped in and saved them.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Like you I live in Patriot territory. My friends have to respect me, they were all Dallas, Pitt, SF, Miami fans. I am 46 so when I was growing up the Patriots always stunk. It wasn't till Parcells came that people really started paying attention. Most of my friends became Patriots fans when they were in their 20's. Most Patriot fans are fraudulent except for the under 25 crowd. That's why Patriot fans are the quietest fans in the NFL, there is no passion because most of them knew they didn't stick with there team during the lean years and the under 25's never had any lean years.
Fair points all. Brady retiring in a year or 2 could send the Pats into a tailspin - what real roster talent do they have? Bellichick has gotten by on smoke, mirrors, good coaching and Brady for a decade or so. I do like Garappolo, though...

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I was a very casual supporter when the Rams moved to STL, but I became a true fan in 99.

That sounds very bandwagon, but **** you I was like 10 years old. At least I never hopped off the bandwagon ever since.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I was a very casual supporter when the Rams moved to STL, but I became a true fan in 99.

That sounds very bandwagon, but **** you I was like 10 years old. At least I never hopped off the bandwagon ever since.

Sound just a tad defensive,, don't need to be on this site!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well,,, I'm in the 40 Club.

I'm 47. Grew up in Pearl City, Hawaii. Back in those ancient times... you could only see cartoons on Saturday mornings (no cable or Cartoon Network back then). All children loved their Saturday mornings,,, I liked them too,,, BUT...

For me, Sunday mornings were even better. My parents used to laugh about it. Due to the time difference,,, Ram Games (The Local Team for Hawaii back then) came on Sunday mornings. I loved watching them more than cartoons, which was sorta weird for a kid my age. My addiction and obsession hasn't lessened a bit either... This 47 year old KID loves em even more today!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Voted 10. I started following in the Super Bowl year. The first thing I remember was the controversy with Trent Going down and everyone wondering if Kurt would be good enough.

I didn't get into forum posting and actively following everything until 2 years ago.

Funny story......that year pulled me back in, I was ready to give up after all the years of suckitude. I have been a fan since I was a little boy and I am 52 now. But all the years of lousy teams, then the move to STL, then the 90's which was awful of course made me pretty much lose interest. I still loved football, and watched games but the flame for the Rams was nearly extinguished.

Then.......it happened. But honestly I wasn't totally sold until a few weeks into the season. I remember walking into a convenience store to buy a pack of smokes (quit that shit 3 years ago) and there was this SI sitting in the rack at the counter. I bought it of course. That week the Rams beat the shit out of the 49ers.

KurtWarnerSI.jpg

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Fair points all. Brady retiring in a year or 2 could send the Pats into a tailspin - what real roster talent do they have? Bellichick has gotten by on smoke, mirrors, good coaching and Brady for a decade or so. I do like Garappolo, though...

I like Garappolo too.