In which club do you belong?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In Which Club Do You Belong?

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just trying to get an idea of how long people have been a fan of the Rams Franchise. The poll options are kind of limited, but I can't really make an option for every year dating back to the 60's. So, if you've been a fan since 1978, for instance (like me), you'd still be in the 30 year club -- but creeping up on 40.

It'll be interesting to see the diversity up in this jernt.

And if you'd like to post your first Ram memory, that would be pretty cool too. (y)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been a Rams fan all my life - but to be fair, since I'm 50 and infancy can't really count for fandom, I'm in the 40 years group. I remember the James Harris controversy when he replaced Hadl. There are fragments before then, of course, but that's when I really was aware of things going on with the Rams, as opposed to "Yay, they won!" Or at least what I remember after all these years.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Early 80s.
The family was always into baseball. I liked football but really started getting in to it around 12 years old.
Always the Rams.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Early 60's, don't remember which year. A classmate invited me over to his house. The Rams were on against I'm guessing the Chargers because this was in San Diego. Having been born in Germany and raised on soccer, NFL football was unknown to me. I saw the helmets with the horns and that was it.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
2004, about 2 minutes less than I've been a NFL fan.

Same here. A really good Rams team is something from the archives for me. I can't follow a sport without having a team n once I've chosen, I'm not the kind of bloke who shifts allegiances. Don't remember why I chose the Rams though

Same here. A really good Rams team is something from the archives for me. I can't follow a sport without having a team n once I've chosen, I'm not the kind of bloke who shifts allegiances. Don't remember why I chose the Rams though

For me it was that they were the best team in a NFL video game, I was 1 point away from being a Patriots fan :sick:.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
For me it was that they were the best team in a NFL video game, I was 1 point away from being a Patriots fan :sick:.

Same here. Marshall Faulk was on the cover of my first Madden and they were the best team in the game. So just started to like them. My loyalty has grown to an obsession since then.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil

Same here. Marshall Faulk was on the cover of my first Madden and they were the best team in the game. So just started to like them. My loyalty has grown to an obsession since then.

Thinking about it, this was probably my reason too. I started playing Madden on the gamecube around that time although I seem to remember Michael Vick being on the front cover of the first version I bought. Just googled it and it was Madden 2004 (Faulk was 2003).

I've always thought that supporting a less successful team builds character and makes the successful times all the more enjoyable. Unfortunately this attitude has been forced on me by my choice of football (soccer) team (which wasn't really a choice as they're my local team).

Thinking about it, this was probably my reason too. I started playing Madden on the gamecube around that time although I seem to remember Michael Vick being on the front cover of the first version I bought. Just googled it and it was Madden 2004 (Faulk was 2003).

I've always thought that supporting a less successful team builds character and makes the successful times all the more enjoyable. Unfortunately this attitude has been forced on me by my choice of football (soccer) team (which wasn't really a choice as they're my local team).

I think being a Crewe fan played into it for me, I was sick of supporting crap teams so figured lets support the Rams for a bit of success :(.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
At some point in the mid-80's when I was a kid I watched the Rams play the Cowboys and I said I would be a fan of which ever team won. Luckily, the Rams won.

TommerK

Rockin' Rams Fan
Name
Tom
I'd have to go in the 20 year window. I'm a life-long St. Louisan, so my loyalty has always been with the St. Louis teams. However, when my dad took me to my first football game, it was in either 1972 or 73, it was a Cardinals game against the Rams. I always liked the Rams because I thought they had a cool logo. I remember it was the game that Mel Gray made a play of 98 yards gained without scoring a TD. From the Cardinals 1 yard line to the Rams 1. Would be kind of hard to break that record.

So maybe my fandom goes back to then, but they weren't my #1 team until there were rumors they were going to relocate to St. Louis.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
My first Rams memory didn't make me a fan of the team. When I was a kid my dad, a man of few words, was so impressed by Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg he mentioned it 4 or 5 times as we watched that game. My dad was a very tough man, not easily impressed, so if he was struck by that kind of will to give everything you had for your team I had to be impressed. So basically I was a Youngblood fan from childhood. The Rams moved to St. Louis in '95 been a diehard fan ever since then.

GO RAMS!

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Here's a toast to all my fellow members of the 40-year club:

COLLEGE.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Here since Hadl....Born in 1966 started rooting for the Rams in 73 although my uncle referred to be as "Den the Deacon" because as a young lad I was an awe of him and even with his passing will always be. Living in New York (Upstate) my whole family was Giants, Yankees, Knicks & Rangers so I went as oppositie as you could with the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers & Kings.