I Have Cancer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I came to update on some things and realized I left some things open.

They struck out on the RA. I do have pretty good arthritis going but it's not rheumatoid. They believe the Cancer was either a secondary condition from something unknown or it simply back away. That it can come and go.

The reason for me updating is that I have developed a very large lump under my rib cage. A Google search tells me it's my spleen. And an enlarged spleen is a key symptom of Polycythemia Vera due to the extra blood cells it has to work out. I am calling the Dr Monday. I'm very nervous that it has returned. I've had some things over the last few months that had me wondering.

Don't ask for this kind of stuff a lot. Maybe, just some positive vibes this way. I'm sure it will take a couple days to get in. But, shit. I'll be nervous waiting on that CBC Hematocrit level.

That's all. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

They struck out on the RA. I do have pretty good arthritis going but it's not rheumatoid. They believe the Cancer was either a secondary condition from something unknown or it simply back away. That it can come and go.

The reason for me updating is that I have developed a very large lump under my rib cage. A Google search tells me it's my spleen. And an enlarged spleen is a key symptom of Polycythemia Vera due to the extra blood cells it has to work out. I am calling the Dr Monday. I'm very nervous that it has returned. I've had some things over the last few months that had me wondering.

Don't ask for this kind of stuff a lot. Maybe, just some positive vibes this way. I'm sure it will take a couple days to get in. But, shit. I'll be nervous waiting on that CBC Hematocrit level.

Hey, Juggs. Sending positive vibes your way, and I wish I could send more.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm sure it can be caused by a hundred things. I'm just nervous as hell. I'm inside my own head.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Juggs I dont know what your financial situation is but I know America is fucked up with insurance and treatment costs etc. I am so happy to live in a country where healthcare is free to all at the point it is needed.

If you need help with medical bills and you havent set up a go fund me or whatever then you should do that. If you have set one up, please share the link. Your Ram bros will want to help.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Man... I’ve sat here for a few minutes not knowing what to say Juggs.

But shit yeah here’s some positive vibes and thoughts. It could be other things for sure.

I think it’s common to be spooked like you are. We can’t imagine how difficult.

You got any other guitar vids? Put something up. I am in a hotel room right now with nothing to do. I’d jam with you. Which means, listen. :D

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Man... I’ve sat here for a few minutes not knowing what to say Juggs.

But shit yeah here’s some positive vibes and thoughts. It could be other things for sure.

I think it’s common to be spooked like you are. We can’t imagine how difficult.

You got any other guitar vids? Put something up. I am in a hotel room right now with nothing to do. I’d jam with you. Which means, listen. :D

I'm sure all is well, just panicking. Maybe it's not my spleen...maybe it's a muscle. Hell idk. I'm not doctor. It's just a shitty feeling. I'm probably just being dramatic.

No, I stopped making videos. It's embarrassing. Lol

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@Juggs channeling positive thoughts to you friend. Hoping for the best

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hesitate to post here because of the subject matter. Its not my intention to bring anyone down. But to be honest I have little to no faith in our medical community. This stems from my own personnel experience and of some of my loved ones and people close to me over the past few years. Having said that, Juggs I wish you only the best. It is my hope and prayer that you beat this thing quickly and have a long and happy life. Miracles happen everyday big and small I have seen them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will add here that something life has taught me (I also had a life-threatening issue recently) is the importance of living in the now. Just taking the time to appreciate the moment you're in. I do that now, constantly remind myself to set quality time aside to spend with family and friends even if it's via the phone. Even just basic things like spending some time sitting on the porch petting my best friend, well him and my wife too. :biggrin:

I'm not religious unfortunately. So unlike my Pops I'm gonna die with no mental crutch for that particular "transition." As a result I've cobbled together a belief system around the idea of each moment in time existing forever, seeing as how time is part of higher dimensions. In other words if you were to elevate to a higher dimensional awareness you could probably see time, whatever it looks like, always there as it happened, with each little moment frozen. So it follows that it is important to try to make as many great moments as possible and fewer shitty ones.

As a result I don't bother getting into arguments and hard feelings with people that are important to me. I just try to spend as many moments aware as possible of all that and try to remove as much of my own BS as I can to get to that. But anyway here I go making it about myself. I'm really glad to read that you're feeling better and I hope those tests go in your favor. :cheers2:

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey, @Juggs, my wife and I will be sending prayers and positive thoughts your way, man.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Positive thoughts and prayers heading your way Brother! As a fellow Cancer survivor I know that feeling of apprehension. Hang in there man!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You KNOW you have positive thoughts and vibes coming from me El Juggernauto. Just hang in there and kick this thing's ass. Cheers my friend.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I hate to hear this. I've went through my own health issues the past 2 years. So sending prayers are being sent your way. Definitely need you around when we win back to back championships.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hey @Juggs, positive vibes for you aplenty!

Be well, my friend and hoping and praying for great news in the near future!

quebecramfan

Rookie

You are in my thoughts my friend.... Stay strong.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I meant to give an update yesterday but was more focused on puppy news.

As suspected, the blood work came back and my hematocrit is back up as is my RBC count. It is back. But it's still in the low zone. At this point, no real action needs to be taken.

This is a very slow progressing cancer that simply makes my bone marrow create too many red blood cells. Once I get so much, they perform phlabotomy and relieve me of that extra.

My spleen is fine. It is bigger. But it's doing as it should. Nothing surprising or worrisome there.

Overall, not what I wanted to hear but better than expected. Will check back in three months.

I want to remind people that may read and wonder. People can live completely normal lives with this as long as they are being treated. 20-25 years is often reached in older patients. And someone my age may very well live a very long normal life.

My issue comes in that I went a very long time without treatment to start. They assume a year to a year and a half and it took its tole on my body. But, I shouldn't get any worse.

I appreciate the positive thoughts. It's common for this to fluctuate up and down for some people. It may never get terrible for me.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
I'm sure all is well, just panicking. Maybe it's not my spleen...maybe it's a muscle. Hell idk. I'm not doctor. It's just a shitty feeling. I'm probably just being dramatic.

No, I stopped making videos. It's embarrassing. Lol
Hoping that no news is good news on this front. You have been dealt a shitty hand. I hope it works out in the end for you.