How Good Is Sammy Watkins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and i'd be legitimately happy

first time this team had a decent outside the numbers receiver in a long awhile

Which does you no good if you can't protect the QB and he gets hurt. Plus, I don't think Watkins is the second best talent in this draft. So not the best talent or the biggest need. No thank you at #2. At #6 or #7? Sure, why not...if Jake Matthews isn't there.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I'd be legitimately upset.

Agreed. I like Sammy plenty and think he's at the top of this years WR class with Evans, but imo this years class doesn't have an AJ Green/Julio Jones worthy of a top 5 pick. I'd be very upset if we stood pat and drafted Watkins at 2, not only because he isn't top 5 worthy, but I'd take Matthews or Clowney if we didn't trade out. However I think its 65/45 Rams trade down right now, unless they're in love with Clowney or Matthews. I'd love a scenario where we say move back to 4 with Cleveland, nab Matthews & then Evans at 13.

NorCalRamFan

I don't think Evans will be around at 13. Watkins or Evans will be the first WR off the board.

A trade down to 5 or 6, take Watkins with our 1A and FS Hasean Dix with our 1B.
Maybe get an extra 2nd and 3rd for trading down our 1A
Move McCleod to Nickle DB, cut Finnegan to save some money.

Watkins is only 6'1'', but plays bigger.

Fisher has never taken an OL in Round 1 and there is always value for OL in the 2nd and later rounds.

Perhaps with a trade down with our 1A, we can pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd and a OL

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I think Amari Cooper is going to be a BIG TIME WR prospect in 2015. Wish he was eligible this year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
A trade down to 5 or 6, take Watkins with our 1A and FS Hasean Dix with our 1B.
Watkins played great in the bowl game, but Clinton-Dix didnt.

I have not been high on Dix all season, and when it came down to it, he didn't perform. On the other Hand a player i didn't want(Watkins), did!!!

What im trying to say is, I didnt see anything special about Watkins before today, but i did see a little special something about Dix before yesterday. This only conforms that Dix isn't as special as is believed, and that Sammy might be more special than i thought before.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What a jackass, after the performance Watkins had dumbass asks him about the pass he threw?????:jerkoff:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Which does you no good if you can't protect the QB and he gets hurt. Plus, I don't think Watkins is the second best talent in this draft. So not the best talent or the biggest need. No thank you at #2. At #6 or #7? Sure, why not...if Jake Matthews isn't there.

This kid looks special to me. He's better than Evans.

QBs will go ahead of him, and Clowney, but Watkins could easily go at #5.

If Watkins runs a 4.3 at the Combine, he ain't lasting to #6 or #7.

NorCalRamFan

Watkins played great in the bowl game, but Clinton-Dix didnt.

I have not been high on Dix all season, and when it came down to it, he didn't perform. On the other Hand a player i didn't want(Watkins), did!!!

What im trying to say is, I didnt see anything special about Watkins before today, but i did see a little special something about Dix before yesterday. This only conforms that Dix isn't as special as is believed, and that Sammy might be more special than i thought before.

Dix had a bad game, but it happens. The Rams really need to upgrade the FS spot as McCleod got toasted way to often last season.

Dix is the best FS of a average FS class and will go in the top 15-20.

Watkins won't run a 4.3, but he'll still go in the top 10. He's going to be a big time player at the next level.

Unless the Rams can address FS in FA, they will need to draft one, something they should've done last year in the FS rich draft. I really wanted Reid.

Seems like we traded up for Austin and don't have a clue as how to use his skills.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Dix had a bad game, but it happens. The Rams really need to upgrade the FS spot as McCleod got toasted way to often last season.

Watkins won't run a 4.3, but he'll still go in the top 10. He's going to be a big time player at the next level.

Unless the Rams can address FS in FA, they will need to draft one, something they should've done last year in the FS rich draft. I really wanted Reid.

Seems like we traded up for Austin and don't have a clue as how to use his skills.

I still dont view Dix as the best safety in this class. I have been bad at evaluating safeties in the past, but i still nothing special about him.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Watch out for Bailey from SC to team up with McD another alum from Fishers school

Last spring Fisher said they don't really play a FS/SS set up it is more one side of the field or the other

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This kid looks special to me. He's better than Evans.

QBs will go ahead of him, and Clowney, but Watkins could easily go at #5.

If Watkins runs a 4.3 at the Combine, he ain't lasting to #6 or #7.

Watkins will run a 4.3. Let him go higher. I'll Evans at a heartbeat if a team wants Watkins in the top 5. Evans will be an Alshon Jeffery/Vincent Jackson type talent. So in order for Watkins to be worth going that much higher, he better be the best WR in the NFL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watch out for Bailey from SC to team up with McD another alum from Fishers school

Last spring Fisher said they don't really play a FS/SS set up it is more one side of the field or the other

No to Bailey. No. No. No. He's an ineffective player in deep zone coverage.

iced

you're also running under the assumption that jake long doesn't return to his, top 5 pro bowl form

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
you're also running under the assumption that jake long doesn't return to his, top 5 pro bowl form

Irrelevant. We have 3 other spots on the OL that Matthews could theoretically fill. 3 spots that proved to be problematic this year. One of those spots, Saffold was great when he played it...but he's a FA.

I'm not taking Watkins over Matthews at #6 or #7.

iced

Irrelevant. We have 3 other spots on the OL that Matthews could theoretically fill. 3 spots that proved to be problematic this year. One of those spots, Saffold was great when he played it...but he's a FA.

I'm not taking Watkins over Matthews at #6 or #7.

i'm not taking a non-LT over Watkins, period. Especially when we're lacking a #1 receiver, while having a solid LT, RG/swing tackle

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i'm not taking a non-LT over Watkins, period. Especially when we're lacking a #1 receiver, while having a solid LT, RG/swing tackle

I think that's such a painfully illogical argument.
A) Matthews is a LT whether or not we play him there from Day 1.
B) WR is no more valuable of a position than OG or C.
C) Saffold is a free agent.
D) We're lacking 3 players on the OL right now with a 4th having major knee surgery...I think if you're arguing needs, that takes precedence over a #1 WR.
E) Matthews is a better prospect.
F) The WRs available at #13 will be better than than OTs.